Stranger 18 : Sharing

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 18 : Sharing

 

Previously :

“You don’t look that y that I want to jump on you okay?” Yonghwa said, sounded annoyed with her.

“You sure?” Seohyun asked, scared.

“Seo Joohyun! What’s with your tone? You made me seem like a real ert now. I will wait until we’re married okay!” Yonghwa huffed in annoyance.

“Aigoo… Uri Yonghwa oppa. You want to marry me?” Seohyun poked his shoulder teasingly. Yonghwa fidgeted, feeling shy with her teasing tone.

“Stop it, Seo Joohyun or you will get my cheesy attack.”

“I have a great boyfriend. He even wanted to marry me with me looking like a total mess. I’m lucky.” She giggled. “Boyfriend. Haha. I can’t believe we are boyfriend and girlfriend now.”

“We will be something more in the future but it won’t happen until I’m stable enough, until I find myself ready to fully commit to you.” Yonghwa tucked in the hyper Seohyun.

 “I can wait. If it’s for you but promise me that you won’t get disappointed if the world that you dream of. The one that you want for your answer, the position at the top and the recognition are not what you imagine it to be.”

“I promise but I need you by side at that time but first, you need to sleep.” She nodded slightly, closing her twinkling eyes. It felt like it’s night time for him because he can no longer see the light from her eyes. After a while he saw how peaceful she looked while sleeping so he sneaked around to kiss her on her forehead. Removing the hair that is blocking her forehead, for him to lean in.

“I’m truly madly in love with you and I like it. I like feeling this way because I know its okay as long as it’s you.”

***

It was night by the time Seohyun woke up as she nuzzled on her pillow. She lifted her head just above the barrier that she created to check on him.

He was sleeping soundly, on his side facing the barrier with both arms out in front… his face was peaceful as his mouth was slightly open grumbling some incoherent words. No more of his goofy face or bursting cheeks but he still looked charming with his long eye lashes fluttering to his sharp looking nose and his well-defined cheek.

“Is this the guy that said he can’t sleep?” She chuckled lightly believing that he is a good stress reliever indeed.

She sat on the bed, her legs are dangling at the side of the bed as she took a once last look at Jung Yonghwa. He looked really tired, she curved into a gentle smile thinking about how hard it must been for him. Even in his sleeping position he looked so afraid of losing everything that he has worked so hard on. She heaved a deep sigh when she decided to continue on writing, pressing the on switch for her table lamp. She clenched her teeth hoping that he will stay asleep as she pulled the chair gently not to create any sound.

Seohyun was holding her temple with both of her hands, it lasted around 1 hour before she completed lost it and threw the paper to the trash can only to miss it by a mere 2 centimeter. She was about to let out a scream when she covered with her palm, making sure that she stayed silent when she heard a loud gushing sound of the winds bursting through the window. The curtain was flying like the scene which was a common in horror movie as the book towers started to crumble down causing a domino effect. The book tower collapse and hit the other tower at the side and it continues producing numerous loud sounds..

She messed her hair in panic glancing over her bed to make sure he was still sleeping. She suppressed her laughter when he lets out a loud snoring sound almost sounding like a train before darting her gaze back on the already collapsed book tower.

She decided to ignore the mess for tonight, closing the window and tied the curtain to the side. It was a weird occurrence considering her office to be quite high up from the ground but she brushed her thought aside and tucked herself back to sleep. She hugged herself to sleep, curling looking like a foetus.

It was dark as she looked around the room so she the light and suddenly there are people running into a dim lighted room, even the lights in the hallway are flickering. It felt like a bad omen, she ran with the white coated men and all of the uniform ladies only to be stopped by a girl.

A striking resemblance to her younger self. The girl tilted her head as she was staring at Seohyun.. her eyes were the epitome of purity. Seohyun looked at the thing that the girl has been dragging when she was walking with the people before.. it was an IV drip.

“What are you doing here?” Seohyun squatted down and asked the young girl. “Are you sick?”

“They say I have a weak heart.. but I already got a transplant.” The girl smiled but her words stabbed Seohyun heart repeatedly. This scene was somehow awfully familiar.

“But a friend of mine..” The girl pointed to the room. As if the room was calling her to come in, she walked in to discover people wailing as they started to scream about the unfairness of the world to take their angel from them, cursing out themselves for not having money to pay for her surgery. The girl ran to her friend to hold her hand. “You’re lucky.” The friend told the girl.

Seohyun tried to ask the people inside the room about the girl friend condition but they ignored her presence. It was like she never existed.

“Seohyun, what are you doing here?”

“This heart of mine, it was supposed to belong to her right?”

“Seohyun, go back to your room.” The nurse grabbed those tiny hand of hers and ushered her back to her room.

“Time of death 11.09 PM.”

“Reason heart failure.” The doctor proceed to cover the friend of the girl with a while cloth.

Seohyun sat up suddenly, gasping for air as she covered her face with both of her hands. She was trembling with fear, sobbing for the pain to go away.

“Seohyun?” Yonghwa asked with his bed voice, his arm anchoring his body as he tried to sit up.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” Were the words that she kept on uttering as she sooth herself down.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Yonghwa asked concern, as he was contemplating whether to throw the pillow barriers down to come closer.

“I’m scared.” Seohyun hugged her legs as she buried her head in between her arms and legs.

“Talk to me.” Yonghwa was worried sick for her right now. He never saw her as vulnerable like this.. it was an ugly scene that he never wanted to happen ever. Yonghwa destroyed the barrier away he tried to reach out to her, gently placing his hand on her shoulder when she only distant herself away from him.

“Please Joohyun, I can’t help you if you continue being this way.”

“I cause her to die.” Her voice was shaking. “According to the list, she was supposed to go in for the surgery..” She said in between her sobs. “I saw her dying.. I saw it.. and I saw it again today. Why do it came back to me?”

Yonghwa can’t take it anymore, he was hurting to see her like this. He hugged her, hoping for her to get back to her sense as he planted a kiss at the side of her head. He tried to shush her down with words of comfort as his palm tried to give warm by caressing her back.

“It’s just a nightmare.” He whispered to her ears, trying to ensure her.

“It’s not, it’s real. It happened before.”

“Maybe, but it’s the past Seohyun ahh..”

“I’m scared.”

“I’m here, don’t be scared okay?”

Seohyun snuggled for his warmth, as Yonghwa placed her head on his chest protectively.

“I kill her.”

“Baby, look at me..” Yonghwa lifted her chin as she cupped her face. Strangely, Seohyun felt calm hearing him called her baby, her sobs died down as she met his deep dark brown orbs. Only hiccups were produce by now. “You did not kill anyone. If what you’re telling me is true.. I believe that person will be proud of what you’ve become. Okay?”

Intuitively, Seohyun nodded. It was weird for her to be calmed down like this.. It was a rare occurrence.. she rarely has this nightmare anymore. It was weird that it came back at time like this though the doctor said it will naturally die down because she just suffered a shock when she saw her dying and felt an enormous burden with people gaze on her. It was said that they were all blaming her.. it was a guilt mechanism that she planted on herself only because the girl parents were blaming her during that particular event.

Yonghwa erased the distance between them and let their nose touched with each other as he nuzzled his with hers. “Good girl.” He patted her head before laying her down to sleep. Yonghwa was about to withdraw his arms from her and put back the pillow barrier when she grabbed his wrist shaking her head.

“Can we stay this way while sleeping?”

He was shocked.. and unresponsive.

“Can we?”’

“I’m still a guy with hormones Seo Joohyun.. and you’re a girl.”

“I’m not a girl right now.. I’m a weak human needing a person to coax her.”

He smiled, at the puffy looking girl looking at him right now. “Fine, with me.”

“Just for tonight though.”

“I know..”

***

“Bookieee!” She was kissing every single book on the floor before stacking it up together to put it back on the bookshelves only to sway the book tower on her hand as she moved left to right.. right to left as she tried to balance the tall lean book stacks on her hand when she fell to the floor, the books were now crushing her.

“Silly girl.” Yonghwa lifted a book and smacked her on the head.

“I’m no.. silly. People called me genius.” She blew the air in , making her cheeks round.

“People called me a genius too. Clearly they have bad taste to call us a genius.” Yonghwa chuckled as he helped stacking the book that was crashing Seohyun down and put it back to the shelves.

“I never heard people called their books, bookie though..” Yonghwa shook his head in amusement.

“Well you met one right here.” Seohyun pointed at herself.

“How’s your writer block issue now?” Yonghwa messed her bed hair up.

“Incurable, that’s for sure.” She groaned in dismayed as she helped Yonghwa arranging the books.

“Let’s go bird watching after this.”

“Bird watching? As in a bird park?” Seohyun eyebrows are creased together as if she was questioning him.

“Well, in a café. You’ll see.”

***

“So, you’ve been asking me about sharing things right?”

“Yep.”

“That’s why you need to share my favourite food too. You should get an ice coffee.” Yonghwa smirked evilly.

“Fine. Then, you need to drink Jujube late.”

“It’s you that is writing young lady.. I’m just trying to help you gain inspiration.”

“For better or for worse remember? You said that while throwing the water at the sink. So we need to suffer together.” Seohyun argued back, her eyes are twinkling as she crinkled her nose.. tempting him to give up on his insistence.

“No.. nope. Disagree.” It took a whole lot of will power to defy the girl in font of him.

“You, playboy..” Seohyun smacked his shoulder with the menu. She faked a sniffling sound as her eyes grew watery. “We even slept together and now you’re doing this after I give you my all.”

“Y-yaa. W-what are you saying? We never slept together.” Yonghwa said defensively feeling the people in the café were staring at them. Their eyes were judging his actions.

“We did. Oppa, how could you do this to me? We share the blanket together.. we even..”

“Yaa! Fine.” Yonghwa sat there, biting his lips admitting his defeat over this woman sly tricks. “I’ll have the jujube latte because I love you.”

“I know.” Seohyun smiled giddily.

Yonghwa was holding himself from vomiting at there and then as he tried to finish the jujube latte. He took a last gulp of the jujube latte, avoiding her hopeful looking eyes for him to actually finish it. “Bluekkk!” He lets out his tongue out, trying to get rid of the disgusting taste on his tongue. “I will be whipped around by my future wife if this really does go on.”

“Goody doody boy!”

“Goody doody? Since when it existed on the dictionary.”

“Since I created it.” Seohyun said like it was  a fact that he must know.

“I can’t believe they called you the pioneer for the literature world.”

“Neither do i.”

“Now, my reward?”

“What, reward?” Seohyun asked nonchalantly.. ignoring how Yonghwa puckered his lips seemingly demanding of something.

“Seriously?”

“Serious..”

“At least give me that ice coffee .. I’m in misery now Seo Joohyun.” Yonghwa was whining when Seohyun stole a kiss on his lips. “Isn’t that ice coffee tasted great?”

“I don’t feel the taste though.” Yonghwa pulled arm and kiss her lips again, longer than before but Seohyun broke the contact and tried to withdraw to her seat. “By now, you must already know the taste.” She narrowed her eyes judgingly.

“Now, let me give you the taste of your jujube latte.” Yonghwa smirked as he leaned closer.

“Andwaee!” Seohyun covered with both of her hands. “I promise.. I will stop trolling you!”

“Really?”

“Yes!”

“Okay.” Yonghwa retreated back to his seat. Seohyun cheeks were flushed red by now, noticing how people were eyeing them with a mix of envy.. disgust and even amusement.

“Please give one ice coffee to this choding in front of me.” Seohyun sighed in defeat as she gave the menu back to the waiter.

“I think I should kiss you again..”

“W-what?! What did I do now?” Seohyun hugged herself in reflex.

“That guy was flirting with you!”

“Wait, what?! He did not.”

“He did! He was all googly eyes on you.”

“Nonsense.” Seohyun flared her nose. “He doesn’t like me.”

“Silly, they are stupid if they don’t like you.”

Seohyun was about to take a sip of the ice coffee when she was coughing due to his overwhelming cheesy pick up line.

“So, shall we start with our project?” Yonghwa asked Seohyun as he shoved a spoonful of spaghetti on .

“afjsdhs.” Seohyun said while munching her food.

“I don’t understand wha..” Yonghwa sentence was stop midway due to Seohyun shoving a spoonful of spaghetti right back at him.

“Hey I was talking!” Yonghwa said after munching his spaghetti.

“I was talking too when you shoved it down my throat. So, where are we going to start?”

“Like I say.. bird watching first. Then I will highlight you with our next plan afterwards.” Seohyun nodded not noticing the flirtatious smile he was sending her while watching her eating.

‘In a way we are on a date too now.’ He smirked looking forward for their next plans as he gazed adoringly at his prey in front of him. Eating, without a clue of the guy who just wanted to go on a date with her.. Believing that her writer block was giving him a chance to hang out with her more.



 

 

Author's Note

I received around 14 upvotes just for the last chapter so i felt guilty if i'm going to take a break for a couple of weeks.. for what i called 'freelancing' lol. So yeah, this is your sweet reward. I don't know what to think of this chapter though. I only re-read the early part, not the last part of this chapter. Time is not my best friend after all.

Fanfic suggestion (I only did this if i feel the story doesnt receive the hype it needed although it has a really great potential)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/772884/black-knight-seohyun-yonghwa-yongseo-yongseoproject

Fun facts about sleeping positions :

Yearner

People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.

Foetus

Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.