Stranger 13 : The Realisation

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 13 : The Realisation

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jgIezosVA

“You have work right tomorrow? You need to sleep on the bed.” Seohyun pulled Yonghwa to lay next to her.

“Why are your hand so cold oppa?” Her back is facing him right now. It was awkward.

“I guess I’m not feeling all that well seeing you laying down like that. It reminds me of my mom.”

“Waeyoo?”

“She is found dead on the white floor like you did.”

“I’m not dead. I’m not going anywhere.” Seohyun turned to face him and pulled him into a hug.

“See I’m warm aren’t i?”

“You are always warm Seohyun. You are a warm person.”

“Aniyooo. You are warm too. Your heart is. If people could have melted it, maybe it would be shown earlier because I sure did saw it.” He tightened their hug.

“Thank you for everything.” He mumbled before drifting into the dream land. Seohyun's grandmother looked upon the scene with a very sad smile.

***

Seohyun observed the sleeping figure giggling to herself. His arms wrapped protectively at her waist, it looks like he really are worried for her. Her eyes examined his face, his sharp jawline, his cheeks that seemingly will pop when he is grinning and his eyelashes. She adjusted his bangs properly before her eyes landed on his lips, she slowly lean to kiss it.

“I think I’m in love with you. Tell me what should I do now?” Seohyun slowly pulled herself away from him when he saw a figure staring at them from the door. She looked at the figure inquiring his purpose with her gaze.

“Annyeonghaeseyo ahgasshi, I’m sorry for interrupting.” Junsu bowed politely to her. “I came here to check on you. Ahgasshi forgive me for saying this but only one person are allowed to sleep on a hospital bed.”

“I know that, Dr Junsu right? If I step down then everything is solve right?” Seohyun struggles to properly sit in order to stand on the floor.

“Ahgasshi…” He had said her name in panic, not wanting her to exhaust herself more.

“Why? He carried me all the way here.. he must be exhausted. He keeps on worrying for me, so he deserves a rest.”

“Ahgasshi! You are a patient, sleep back in your bed.” Seohyun about to protest when she felt her hand was grabbed by a hand that was slightly bigger than her and rougher too. A hand that she familiar with.

“Hyun, sleep. I’m going to the office” Yonghwa quickly adjusted his attire and stood on the floor.

“Were you awake the whole time?”

“No” Seohyun sighed in relief with his revelation.

But I’m fully aware of your kiss and what you just said Seohyun.

“Listen to the doctor Seo Joohyun. I’m going first.” Yonghwa grabbed his briefcase ignoring Junsu who is still standing there. Junsu looked really worried seeing his reaction, right away Yonghwa knew that Junsu must have some feelings for Seohyun. Now he felt more uncomfortable to leave her but damn it he needed to sort his feelings out. What she did just now was pure confusion for him..

“Junsu sshi, may you leave us first..” Yonghwa said to him which he obeyed to, politely.

“Seohyun to avoid any suspicion, I’m going to kiss you goodbye once he enter the room again okay? It’s an act.” Seohyun stared at him, wide eyed not knowing how to comprehend his sudden announcement.

No, I want him to know you are mine.. and I want to sort out all this confusions that we are having. Maybe this is just the heat of a moment. I wanted you to be aware that you did not love me, that what you are thinking is fake.

“You may come in.” Junsu stepped in the room when Yonghwa cupped her cheeks and crashed his lips onto hers, caressing her hair during the process and when he stopped he gently kissed her forehead.

“I love you, take care araseo?” Her heart flutters at his advancement, but she had remembered his words that it was just an act, so it might really be an act.. Her heart ache a little remembering his words.. Cruel words that can slash her heart. Why did he worry for her terribly? Sending her more than enough mix signals.

He leaned towards her right ear, his breath tickling her earlobe. “Lesson number 2, natural public display of affection.” He smirked, before dashing out and naturally he was followed by the newly arrived Jonghyun.

“Wait Jonghyun, say you greeting to Seohyun first. I will take the car.”

“But hyung..” Not having the chance to argue, Yonghwa already left the place. He turned his body to face Jonghyun before completely disappearing.. “I might get embarrass if I stay there longer.” He smiled cheekily before laughing to himself, hopping away from Jonghyun’s sight.

“This is bad.” Jonghyun mumbled to himself. He stood there for a while, worried over the sudden turn of events. He got a feeling that Yonghwa might fall for Seohyun and it seemed like its ending the same way of what his guts has been telling him. It’s not that he don’t like it, but over his short period of actually getting to know Yonghwa, he tends to get rid of what important to him when he realised it. Seohyun is a stepping stone, and she knew it.. he have a really high ambition. He wanted to be a Jung despite saying that he isnt one. The most scary thing is, he might really carry the blood of his grandfather which explains his tendency to explore business opportunities instead of going for a much noble side like his brother does.

Jonghyun dragged his heavy feet to the door, and knocked the door softly not wanting to disturb the sick Seohyun. He had grew fonder for the young girl in their short acquaintance, but his loyalty to Shin Hye must not be jeopardize knowing her hardships of her crush on Yonghwa.. ready to take the bullet for Yonghwa’s ambition. He was greeted with a loving gaze that Junsu kept giving at Seohyun trying to help her to eat.

“Seohyun sshi.” Jonghyun bowed formally.

“Jonghyun oppa? Please do call me using friendly terms.”

“Seohyun ah?”

“That’s nicer.”

“Who’s that Seohyun?”

“My doctor it seems. He’s a really funny dude. Don’t you have to drive Yonghwa today?”

“I should, but he’s going first. He needed me to take care of you.. you got him on your hand Seohyun.”

“Hah, no way. He’s still your typical can’t sleep, workaholic guy.” Seohyun who noticed the tense guy who stood there Junsu, and glanced back at Jonghyun noticing his glare.

“Dr Junsu, can you call out my grandmother for me?”

“Of course ahgasshi.” He politely excused himself from the room.

“Don’t he have another patient to attend to or something?” Jonghyun said seemingly annoyed.

“Apparently I was the beloved grand daughter of the Director. So that’s that. Okay what’s the deal, I know you are glaring at him.”

“He seems very into you. I just got protective..”

“As I’m your boss property?” Seohyun said nonchalantly, eating her apples using the fork that was put on the bowl. Jonghyun stared at her amazed.

“No worries, I got good self control.”

“But I’m sorry to say this, it seems that you flirt around with him a bit just now.” Jonghyun gulped feeling nervous out of sudden at this girl calm demeanor.

“I’m testing the water..”

“Why are you being so frank…?””

“I need to differentiate what I’m feeling right now Jonghyun sshi, I will apologise to him directly for using him for a tiny bit.” Jonghyun gapped shocked. What kind of a girl he was talking to? Honestly, out of the chaebol girls, Seo Joohyun got quite a resume and personality that he never knew and he never actually test her hands on.

“Don’t be surprise, it’s my chaebol mechanism screaming.” She smiled sincerely even with her pale face it was like a lighting shining through her.

“Oh hyung asked to you to free your Tuesday schedule but if you are still tired he don’t mind if you don’t go to the party.”

“What party?”

“The official party to introduce you as his girlfriend.”

“A girlfriend need a bash?” Seohyun said amazed. “If I cancel out my attendance.”

“No party would be held.” She chuckled in amusement. “Aren’t it too fast?”

“Stock price is good during that time he said.”

“I should have expect that calculative as ever. My parents?”

“He personally asked for your father’s permission which he had said yes to only if you bring him home exactly the next day.”

“Fast worker.” She scoffed a bit.

“An understanding father you have eventhough almost everyone knows that he weren’t a typical money driven businessman.”

“Oh please, my appa love money too.. it just he’s driven morally and more family oriented than most businessman.”

“Interesting, your family is.”

“Well, you might found them to be interesting.. I found the others family interesting too yet quite intimidating lately.”

“Lately?”

“Well as I’m on the top of the chain, I knew I will see lots of horrible stuff it just I covered myself up and just saw the sweet icing on top rather than the cruelest underground holes hidden inside.. Yonghwa sshi pushed me to stop lying to myself though.” She had said that amusingly, he bets if it was some other girl.. they probably already slapped him for making them realise hideous things.

“I’m glad I did, it’s not I can always be in a shelter.. exposure Is needed. I’m a writer after all.. I wrote about some other people hardships but ignored mine. I’m a hypocrite if I kept being that way.” Jonghyun had made a mistake, she had though Shinhye to be the most calculative person that he had known but Seohyun was far way more intimidating and calculative aside from her calm and innocent demeanor. She just chose to stick with her morals because she doesn’t find money to be interesting all that much. Her greed was to write and write. Somehow, he understands if Yonghwa really like this woman. “Tell him I’m coming. I will be fine by then.”

Soon after, Junsu came in.. Jonghyun headed out. Jonghyun peeked through the window from outside to see what they are talking about.

“Director is leading a team of doctors for the transplant of a kid heart.”

“Oh okay then. Hmm I’m sorry If you got some wrong signals just now Dr Junsu.”

“Huh?”

“Do you like me?” He was startled as well as Jonghyun at her forward nature, he nodded to her question.

“I’ve been admiring you for the longest time, I don’t know you will end up with a guy that I used to bully.”

“Bullied?”

“I used to make fun of him.” Junsu looked at his feet guiltily. “I was scared that he might tell me off at the Director or something, but he acted as he don’t really know me.”

“Apologise to him.” Seohyun said softly. “You don’t know the mental dent it will left to a person.. he’s a very admirable person and I depend a lot on him but a wrong is still a wrong.”

“I’m not deserving to do so..”

“He might be cold, but he won’t partake any enjoyment of torturing people if they already realised their mistake. I bet he would say that to you. And about your feelings, I hope you will erase it. I’m solely focus in loving just one person.”

“You doing this only increase my admiration on you.”

“Here you go..” Seohyun threw him a thing which he catch out of his reflex. He looked at it when he noticed an eraser.

“Erase your feeling.” She laughed merrily which caused him to naturally laugh with her. As soon as he stepped out of her room, Jonghyun saw a tear escaped her eyes… hearing what she said too on the process.

“Why does he need to live such a hard life?”

It stuck on his heart, her words..  

***

Jonghyun has been observant throughout Yonghwa’s action the moment he stepped in his platonic relationship with Seohyun.. he erased his own boundaries but when Jonghyun tried to tell him that. He told him that it’s nice to have someone that he can show his true self. It was extremely dangerous.. not that he don’t trust Seohyun. She has no malice towards Yonghwa… she has not time for things like that. The thing that is worrying for him was Yonghwa himself. He grew impatient as the day goes by.. and the trigger was pulled after what he had saw at the hospital recently. He must made Yonghwa realised something.

He is going to the company party, separately of course. But during the day, they work usually before attending the gala at night. The moment he saw Yonghwa entering his black Bentley, Jonghyun dashed out to knock on his door.

“Why?” The backseat window rolls down revealing Yonghwa in a fully dressed tuxedo.

“I really need to talk to you regarding Seohyun.” The moment Yonghwa heard the name Seohyun, he gave Jonghyun a signal to come in which he listened to and stepped into the car.

“You love her don’t you?”

“No.”

“Stop kidding me.”

“The fudge!?” Yonghwa eyed him angrily, ready to pounce him at any seconds. He knew fully well that he is overstepping the boundaries but Yonghwa really need to be honest to himself because losing the true one person that you can count on for a person like Yonghwa was the trump card that people really wants to get their hands on to overthrow him before he kept on rising to the top.

“Stop lying to yourself hyung!” Yonghwa sat there silent.

“Be aware, and get your act straight.. decide on what to do later. To stick with her or to get rid of her.” Jonghyun bowed to him before going out from the car. “See you at the gala sajangnim.”

***

Yonghwa took into his mind what Jonghyun had said to him.. he kept thinking of it… all the way to her mansion. Her beauty as she walked to his car was outstanding that he struggled to breath and his mind went blank.. forgetting what’s been bothering him only to be awaken when she had kissed him on his cheeks.

His ears went deaf.. looking at her lips that is saying something.. but nothing was heard. He gulped nervously.. totally oblivious at her worried gaze and genuine concern over his well being. His body was moving on auto pilot, opening the car door for her.. giving her a rose.. sitting on the leather car seat like a log. His eyes barely blinking all the way to the Hotel. She gently touched his hand when the car had arrived at the destination it was designated to go to.. despite all the flashes coming from the cameras. He jolted away in shock of the tingling sensation it left all over his body. He looked at her.. and his ears started to work again. He looked at her face, realising the fact that..

He loves her.

 

Author's Note

To those who love this story please do check out my new story Live Like A Drama http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/721279 leave some comment too. It barely have any comment that i was a bit weird out despite the number of subbies lol and oh please don't hate on Jonghyun. He is really needed to advance the character and push the plot further.. i did not have time to dwelve deeper into his character.