Stranger 1 : Feel Good

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 1 : Feel Good

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpDBQYVQHc8

 

"For all challenges, if you succeed, you receive praise, and if you don't, you're cursed and told that you wasted your efforts for nothing, so I think it was something that I had to endure."

 

-JYP-

 

It is the same routine for Yonghwa every day to feel clueless about what clothes he should wear, what neckties he should use, what pants can actually match up with his suits, which Rolex would show out his wealth and what shoes will cause the world to stop and stare at him. You see, he is a bit narcissistic. To add on, he will throw a tantrum every morning because no one can provide a detail and thorough explanation regarding their recommendation of clothes to him. And just like that a total of 2 hours in day went by.

It’s simply annoying. He hated it because it felt like they doesn’t think too much about things that matters to him. Clothes acts as a representative of himself so it’s important for him in every aspect. It boosts his self confidence, a bonus to his skills and handsome face.

In short, he feels ‘oh’ so good with himself in suits.

“Sir, your grandpa wants to talk to you on the phone.” Yonghwa clasped his watch together hiding the scar on his left wrist, a perfect reasoning to never open his watch, letting out his right hand asking his maid to give the phone to him.

“Harabeoji!”

 

***

 

That night, Yonghwa went out with a headache. He put in extra effort to dress up because he just felt like doing it. He got a good feeling that night, an instinct. He slumped down the back of his limo seat holding onto his throbbing head with eyes that can be seen with eye bags. He looked disastrous to the point that he needed to close the window that connected him and the driver. This is all because of his grandpa nagging.

He’s a self made man, he above all did not depend on a single penny coming off from his grandpa’s family. He did all by himself, he was indeed born with in a very poor family and he is still grateful for his loving family but things changed when he was being belittle by those rich kids.

Despite, being very into modernization his family actually values tradition more than anything else.

“Tradition, is a beautiful arts that need to be preserve under their rightful place.”

It’s a thing in the family. Clashing of opinions, ideals and the way they strive for it. It’s not a big news anymore that he is indeed the useless one out of the two brothers. His big brother is their golden child while he just well a troublemaker. This is a fact, he doesn’t even enter any university. Although, he got the riches his dad always values work related stuff that helps people like his brother’s job including his late mom. A policeman but not his grandpa, his grandpa likes that he is being another little Jung. True to its name although he sort of never use his family name at all. This is because, he is a member of an outcast family. It all started when his dad married a model who doesn’t boost his family name in any sorts and they filed for bankruptcy 6 years later.

Nevertheless, his families are very loving. And he is a proud man as for that.

Like always, he sat at an empty little balcony corner on the rooftop with his tab on his lap and his eyes on the luxury ground floor that full with embedded diamond complementing the gold color of the restaurant. The ambience that can cause jaws to drop, the clothes, impeccable service, awesomely delicious dishes and wine that can cause envy to those ‘normal’ people. He’s one of them before. He can never forget the misery of being one. Underestimated.

“The usual sir?” Yonghwa nodded slightly in response.

“New?” That young guy bowed as a sign of yes.

“It’s hard that I have no wingman today.” Yonghwa mumbled to himself but loud enough to be heard by the waiter and looked around for Jungshin who promised he’s going to have dinner with him that night. Jungshin was the one that introduced him to this restaurant. He remembers when he came here with his jaw drops at the exclusivity of this place due to the courtesy of his friend who apparently his family is the one running this restaurant and now his friend, Jungshin is the one running this restaurant instead.

“If you don’t mind, I can help you sir. For the past years I’ve been friends with them I already knew most of the clients here. That girl over there that have been looking at you is Jessica Jung, she is the heiress of the Jung family.” Yonghwa looked at the waiter in a sly grinned before turning back waving at the girl in return.

“I knew her so no thanks. Well It’s true that It’s a bit lonelier when I came here alone instead of being with a company. Minhyuk and Jungshin aren’t helping either they are just hoping that I would stop and go party with them instead. Apparently going on a dinner with guy friends seems so gay. Haah, I can’t even deny that as I also felt the same way. This kind of stuff can’t be done at such a place, bringing your wingman along. I just can’t find anyone suited for any of this. I’m starting to get worried. Oh sorry, I think I talk too much. Please continue your job.”

“Don’t be, this is my job. Mr Jungshin already provided me with the necessary details and specs as he was afraid that you might grow old looking for someone to please both of your family.”

“He told you that? Well you must be something, I shall remember you. Jonghyun.” Yonghwa eyed the guy nametag in acknowledgement before looking back at the ground floor. “No wonder you are Jungshin and Minhyuk’s bestfriend. I’m sorry for not saying my hi’s to you before. We after all have some sort of mutual friends, it’s too bad that we never met.”

Yonghwa kept on looking around when his eye stopped at one place and his forehead are starting to form lines of wrinkles.

“Oh no, not her.” Jonghyun eyes went to the same person that Yonghwa has been looking at when he unconsciously muttered something under his breath that is loud enough to be heard by Yonghwa.

“You see, what I’m seeing too?”

“Ah, ne.” Jonghyun gulped

“That girl is a problematic socialite.” Jonghyun’s sighed in relief. “That thread on her hair is disturbing. I felt like spraying water on her head.” Jonghyun started to chuckle in amusement hearing the obnoxious narcissistic comment coming out of this guy mouth.

“You should remove the thread from her hair. Said it’s on the courtesy of the house.”

“Uhh..”

“Just do that, it’s been bothering me. I’m very meticulous you see.” Yonghwa actually noticed something, not just the thread.. it’s this guy attitude. He seems like he is having an undying crush on the girl. The way he longingly stares at her. No doubt about it. He might as well lend his newfound friend a help.

“I will come back soon.” Jonghyun bowed to Yonghwa.

“No bowing to me after this. You are my friend now.” Jonghyun nodded before consciously tries to approach Yoona from her back.

“Miss?”

“What now?” Yoona who is still laughing heading to the same table that Jessica was on looked at the guy.

“Please excuse me.” Jonghyun leans on and got rid of the thread when Yoona blushed fervently.

“Tha…thanks.” She stuttered.

 

***

 

“I shall end my conquest here.” He looked at his watch.

24th December 2013

“Nearly one year of searching, but never find one.” He sighed once again when his eyes caught on something. A pair of the most beautiful eyes he sees. His heart is beating out of control, and he felt that he can’t breathe so he loosened up his ties not once moving his eyes from the girl.

“Gorgeous.” He muttered.

Perfect. I think I found it. Only if I knew her, I might knew if she’s the one suitable to help me with my family preferences.

“Seo Joo Hyun, goes by the name Seohyun. Good friends with the one that you knew earlier. Part of the SNSD girls.”

“Okay, so she must be from a well to do background right? SNSD girls are mostly like that right? I heard about their little group of friends. Pretty famous around here. Well, harebeoji most necessary requirement is checked. What else? And oh I’ve got to say you are pretty fast coming back.” Yonghwa eyed the girl name 'Seohyun' who seems to be mad at the socialite girl and his cousin, Jessica Jung which is amusing to him as he swore he felt like a coin can fit onto her nose with her face looking like that. Coming here looking gorgeous but still unexpectedly looking like a young child when mad. This is starting to get interesting.

“She’s.. how to put it is very secretive about her life. Just like you I guess.”

“Me? Well I have my own reasons. So are you saying even you don’t know her full background?”

“She’s the only one... so, yes.”

“No wonder I haven’t seen her around.”

“Not exactly, she did attend a few of those glamorous function but it’s hard to even talk to her only specific people are able to talk to her if they are important enough. If you combine the other 8 girls, they got quite a connection and they also don’t prefer anyone talking to their maknae. It’s not helping that she just got back from China.”

“China?”

“Yep, apparently she does some volunteer work there for 2 months and a whole 2 years of travelling around the world. She only came back once and it was last year.”

“You said you don’t know anything about her but it seems like you did knew Jonghyun. Who exactly are you?” Yonghwa pulled out a seat beside him signaling Jonghyun to sit and talk.

‘The one that hates you.’ Jonghyun thought to himself and shrugged out the thought immediately gathering his guts to sit next to the famous sharp tongue person.

“I have a crush on one of those group member.” Jonghyun muttered but loud enough for the latter to hear him.

“Well I for one see that. Do you think you can get her? Im Yoona?”

“No.”

“Exactly.” Jonghyun formed a fist on his hand. He knew that he don’t deserve to be there but does this guy needs to rub it into his face.

“You might not know that much about me. But I’m one of the outsiders too. I can help you if you want too. You remind me of myself.”

“What? I heard you are from some French descendant. Or Egypt? But still you are from some rich family”

“No, I’m not. It’s just rumors. It spread as I needed it to spread that’s the only way I can climb here as fast as possible. I actually came from the Jung clan and they don’t even give me a single penny. Not even my grandfather. That’s why I went around with just ‘Yonghwa’ not ‘Jung Yong Hwa’ like per say my cousin there, Jessica did? So ease up man.” For that night, it was the first time Yonghwa sincerely flashed his toothy grinned at his newfound friend.

Jonghyun tightened fist finally loosened up and he stared at that man in amazement.

“I open up about myself, so why don’t you do the same too? Not many knew about this.. but well they should have guess it. I mean my last name is similar to Jessica after all.”

Jonghyun heaved a deep sigh regretting over his penned up anger to this young man who is being so frank about himself to him.

“Ahrasso, for starters. All her family member is from a very well to do background. Long list of names in her family but let’s start with the closest one instead. Mom is a piano academy’s director and her dad own the famous Seo’s Law Firm. Grandfather is a very famous book critiques and a famous publisher while her grandma is one of the founders for Seoul’s Hospital. She herself is the youngest award ‘Daesang’ receiver for her book entitled ‘Dreaming the Dream’ at the age of 21 and recently finished her other best selling book.”

Yonghwa nearly throw out the water he is drinking.

“Don’t be surprised, she does have her ways with words. She is called the little genius of the Seo’s family for a reason.”

“20 what? Even I didn’t graduate from any university knew that she should be on her last semester instead of working even if she’s a genius. She must be a freaking…freaking..freaking genius that It’s impossible.” Yonghwa looked at Jonghyun in disbelief of his statement.

“Said what you want but it’s the truth. Wait till you see her verbal skills, maybe following her dad traits. That was too awesome. I saw that once you can’t believe how I gap.”

“What kind of girl am I getting myself into? Personality? She’s a party girl right? She doesn’t seem like one though? But she seems like one? What am I talking about?”

“Hahaha. Why, does she seems like a party girl and not a party girl at once is it?”

“Well, the girl she hangs out with is pretty famous in the social circles. So why don’t they party?”

“LOL, looks like you never went to a club before.”

Yonghwa started to cough awkwardly with Jonghyun’s statement. “I prefer the comfort of home.”

“She is not often seen in the club but she did go to one.”

“Any other information?”

“You better get to know her if you want to know more because she is so.. how to put this? People won’t get enough information about her. Assuming that her profile might have been through several clean ups.”

“Hmm suspicious. Should I just really? She seems like the perfect breed of a wealthy family but I don’t think my dad will adore her.”

“He will. She might be wealthy but she is grounded, she is the youngest, genius and whatever is a no doubt yes. But she lives outside from the comfort of home that you are so in love with since the age of 12.”

“It’s not that I don’t want to but I think it’s impossible to ask her to help me for this stuff I’m getting into. But I really needed someone like her. I don’t know if it’s regarding your descriptions of her or before it, I just knew that I need her to help me.”

“Hyung confidence level just dropped down.”

“Never in a million times I ever dreamt of this. Man, this is interesting. Instead of asking her for help, date her instead. It will be super interesting.” Jungshin and Minhyuk appeared out of nowhere.

“Hmph what did you say.” Yonghwa gave them a glare to shut it off. “I never lose my confidence I just don’t know how to handle a girl like her. That’s about it.”

“Sir.. oh I forgot hyung. You should make your move faster… because she is about to get out from your range.” Jonghyun pointed at the table seat that is now occupied by a guy.

It’s his mortal enemy. Jung Ill Woo..

 

Author's Note

Wow.. Just Wow. Its still early in the game, but 2 upvotes, 29 subbies and 5 comments within 4 hours. Oh okayyy. LOL Anyways, here is the first chapter. I hope its good enough to satisfy all of you. haha~ XD