Chapter 5

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

 

The party was over.

They were walking towards their cars on the parking lot. After saying goodbyes, each went home carrying a smile on their face. She then went to her car and Donghae was following her. When she took out her car keys, Donghae then grabbed it from her hands.

“Yah! Donghaeyah” she said as she was taken aback with what Donghae just did.

“Oppa, I’m tired already, please give me back my keys please?”
“Anio. I’m driving you home. Like I always do before” Donghae replied.
“I can manage oppa. You’re tired too. You can now go home”
She then tried to reach the keys from Donghae’s hands but the he immediately hid it in his pocket.
“Go ahead, get it.” He joked.
“Aish!” But instead of being mad, Jang Mi laughed at Donghae’s act.
“You silly kid! I’m really gonna get it from your pocket!”
“Try me!”
“Oh I really will!”

But as she reached for it Donghae then ran away fast and was laughing hard.
“You’re really crazy!” she was laughing too.
She missed those moments with him. They were like that when they were in high school.

 

That’s how he fell in love with him.


Donghae then went near her.
“Jang Mi? What happened to you? Did those three years changed you already? Well it didn’t do anything to me. Nothing has changed. So I’m driving you home.” Donghae said seriously.
She was touched by his seriousness. He really didn’t change at all.


“Was it true?” Donghae asked. They are now heading towards her home.
“What is true?” she asked back.
“That you didn’t have any boyfriend during your stay in the Philippines?” he continued.
Jang Mi just laughed.
“What’s so funny about it?”
“Why don’t you believe me?”
She then remember her answer to Shindong’s question during the party.

“Unless you’ve left your heart here in Seoul that’s why you can’t give it to others.” Shindong asked
“You think so?” she asked him.
“How about Yun ho? You were very close then.” Sungmin said.
He was referring to YunHo of DBSK. Donghae’s close friend who came from Mokpo too.
“This ambush interview is really absurd.” She said with a laugh.
“What’s so funny about it? We really thought Yunho and you were an item before.” Hankyung said.
She looked at Donghae. He’s waiting for her answer too.
“Before you left, we always saw you together.” Eunhyuk said.
“We’re close too you know?” Donghae introduced us. Right oppa?” she then faced Donghae and threw him that question.
Donghae just smiled.
“Have you talked already?” Sung Min asked.
“ He’s out of the country as of now, doing some series of concerts.” Heechul said.
“I see, maybe we’ll see each other after he comes back”


“Jang Mi.” Donghae shrugged her.
She then came back to reality..
“Are you ok?” Donghae asked. “You’re drunk, aren’t you?”
“Of course not, I didn't even finished one glass. What were you asking me again?”
“Just forget it.”
She clearly remembered what he’s asking. It’s just she’s just scared of how the conversation would turn out.

Donghae then left after reaching their house. She asked him to get in and have a cup of coffee but he refused since it’s already late and he has still schedules the next day. But before he left, he hugged her tightly.
His arms are around her. His scent was so familiar. She always loved the way he smells.
She then closed her eyes. She wanted to feel moment.


“I’m so happy you’re home.” He whispered to her.


His words kept playing on her mind after Donghae left.


My God, Jang Mi, don’t be trapped in a dream.


I should do things faster. I can’t manage to stay near him for so long. I might do something I’ll regret later on.


The next day she called him. She’ll now do what Min Ah asked her.
“Donghaeya, are you free? Let’s unwind!” she said with so much courage inside.
“I’m quite busy today. I have a lot of schedules.”
“Will you get a vacation? You’re stressing yourself so much.”
“I really can’t even how much I wanted to.”
“I see.” After saying goodbye she then ended the call.

She doesn’t want to use her connections but she’s desperate.
‘Yoboseyo?’ the other person answered as she dialed a number.
“Uncle?”
“Jang Mina? What made you call me?”
“Can I come to your office? I have something to ask you.”

As soon as her uncle agreed, she then rushed to his office. Jang Mi’s uncle holds a large stock at SM Entertainment and on other major companies around the entertainment business in South Korea. He’s also the one who influenced her to take up her course. He’s her mother’s cousin. He has no child that is why he treats her as his own child.

After talking with her uncle, Jang Mi left the latter’s office with a smile.
I got only one week. I guess that’s fair enough.
After another hour her phone rang. It was Donghae asking her if her vacation offer is still up. She’s glad that her plan worked. The next day, she then went off to meet Donghae. They’re going down to Mokpo.