Chapter 15

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Jang Mi then tried to open the door but she was stopped by a shrill cry from the far end of the hallways. All her senses came back.

Jang Mi then saw her 11 months old son in the arms of her friend Michi. Her son saw her and was crying terribly and wants to come to her.

“Jang Mi, I don’t want to go out of the car but Bada wanted to see you. He was crying awfully. I just don’t know how to hush him.”

“It’s ok. I’m so sorry for bothering you. I had no one to call to.” Jang Mi said as she took Bada in her arms.

The little boy stopped crying and embraced her.

“Will you stop that? It’s ok with me. You know that you can always count on me.” Michi smiled.

She called Michi as soon as she arrived at Seoul. She was away for almost 2 years. She needed her.

After leaving the airport, Jang Mi decided to go to her old apartment first. Although she felt that there’s no point in reminiscing the past yet she still wanted to feel like giving herself a little happiness by going back to place she treasures the most. Besides that, she wanted to see what happened to the place after she left.

But since Bada looks tired, she decided to come home to her parent’s house.

Her parents prepared a delicious dinner for them. Her uncle was there too. The older people loved to play with her little boy. She’s grateful that they respected their choice of keeping his child even without a father.

Her mom went near her and held her hand.
“Jang Mi, I’m sorry for calling you this urgent.” The old woman said.
“It’s ok mom. Why did you want us to come home anyway?” She asked.
“It’s just we realized that we’re getting older. And we don’t want to miss the chance of being with you and our grandchild too. I hope you understand.”


She smiled. Her mom is right. And she’s not getting younger too.


“Of course mom… And thank you too for accepting me after everything what has happened.”
“Of course we will. We love you. And Bada too.”


She embraced her mom. She’s so happy to come home even though she’s worrying over so many things. She still has to come back home for her parents.


“Don’t you have any plans of telling him? He has to know too, Jang Mi.” Her mom seriously said.


“In the right time mom... I will.”
But I’m not sure when that time is.
____________________________________________________


She then remembered the night she left her apartment with Donghae still sleeping there soundly. She went off to the parking lot and to get her car. But then she heard Donghae calling her name. He was looking for her. She hid behind the wall adjacent to the parking lot. She didn’t have the chance to get in her car and leave. Donghae was going back and forth looking for her. She hid herself. She can’t face him. Donghae saw her car and looked inside it. Now she has no way of getting her car. Donghae still continued his search for her.
Her tears started to fall.


I may look coward oppa, but I just don’t know how to face you after what happened last night.

She then took a taxi and left.

The next day, she went back to the Philippines. She has to make up her mind. She has to get herself back. But instead of having the peace of mind she wanted, she just found out that she’s pregnant. She didn’t know what to feel.

She’s happy and sad at the same time. She wanted a child. But it became more precious since it’s Donghae’s. But how could she tell him? It would only compromise him, his career, his priorities, and his life. She knew Donghae would face the responsibility but she can’t let him be obliged to do it. And besides, it’s a one way love.

She has given birth to a baby boy after 9 months. There’s never been such a beautiful experience than having a child. She felt so happy. She then remembered Donghae. She wanted to hear his voice. But she knew there’s no point on doing that.


She’s looking at the phone on her bedside table. She’s been staring at it for quite a long time. She wanna call him. She wanna hear his voice.

Jang Mi finally had the courage to call him.

“Yoboseyo?” Donghae answered.
She didn’t talk. She just listened to his voice. She’s so happy to hear him.
“Yoboseyo?” Donghae said again.
Her tears started to roll down her cheeks again.
Donghae kept saying ‘hello’ but she just can’t even say a word.
Donghae finally hang up.
She kept still for a long time in her bed. She can’t believe she’s heard his voice.

After that call, she never dared to call him again. She’s just happy looking at his little one. She named her son Bada. It’s what Donghae wanted for a child. He heard him said that before.

She kept herself contented with the news she’s receiving from Michi, her uncle and her parents. Also with the updates she hears on the internet.
One day, she heard about Donghae cursing on an airport in China. She’s so worried hearing the news, so she decided to call Michi.

“Michi, why is he in China? Why did Uncle let him be there?”
“Donghae kept pressuring your Uncle. He almost comes to his office everyday just to ask him where to find you. Your Uncle can’t answer him. So he just agreed to include him in SJ-M so he’ll be sent to China. “

She understands her Uncle. He’s just doing what he thought is right.

“I heard him curse at the airport. I’m just worried Michi.”
“Yeah, I talked to him about that too. He said he just lost his temper that day. I noticed him being like that too. He seems to be irritated easily. He keeps bugging at me too about you. Of course I can’t tell him. So he ends up hating me. Thank God, Leeteuk’s here to defend me. By the way, we’re not just dating now. We’re really more than that.”

“Congratulations Michi. I’m happy for you.”

She’s happy to hear Michi say that. But she can’t stop worrying about Donghae.

Months passed so fast. Her son is almost a year older by a month. She planned to have his son a simple birthday party but her mom called over and asked her to come to Seoul. Worried, of course, but she has to concede to her mom’s request. She came back to Seoul.