Chapter 19

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

“Please Donghae! Let me go. Please let things be.” She begged him.

“I can’t Jang Mi. I can’t let you go for the third time.”

Jang Mi couldn’t understand him. Yet she kept talking still.
“I know I’m wrong. You don’t have to be responsible for what happened. It’s my fault. I just don’t want to oblige you.” She reasoned out.

“What? What do you mean oblige? He’s my son. Of course, I’m responsible.” Donghae said.
“I’m so sorry oppa. I really have to go.”
“Why do you always keep on running away?
“I can’t stay.”


“Jang Mi, I LOVE YOU!” Donghae finally blurted it out.

She was shocked by what she heard. She thought she might just be dreaming.

Donghae spoke again.
“Jang Mi, I love you… Isn’t that enough?” Donghae softly spoke.

“You don’t have to do that oppa! You can’t say that just because of pity or thinking that I bore your son. It’s not as simple as that.”
“Can’t you see? I love you! I love you from the very day I met you….until now. Even though how much I wanted to erase these feelings, I just can’t.”

Jang Mi couldn’t believe what she’s hearing from Donghae.
Her heart is telling her to believe him but his mind is thinking otherwise.
“Thank You oppa. But you don’t have to do that. I’m done with all the heartaches I felt because of you. Please let all my wounds be healed.”
She started to open the door to leave but Donghae held her again and embrace her from the back. She felt his breath on her hair.

“Please believe me… Jang Mi. I love you.” Donghae kept on repeating.

She didn’t realize the tears were flowing from her eyes.

“Please believe me.” Donghae kept saying.
“Believe you? You love Min Ah, remember?”
“No. I don’t love her. It’s you I love. It’s my entire fault. The day I wanted to confess to you, I saw you with Yunho. It was a long time ago. You looked so good together. He’s very famous already then while I haven’t yet debuted.”

Donghae’s embrace tighten.

“You looked so happy with him. And I was badly hurt. I felt I don’t deserve you. Min Ah was there. She’s offering her love to me. I told her that I love you but she said she could wait for the day I could love her back. But that day never came. She died of waiting for me. I felt so bad for it.”

She was so surprised with his story. Then she just realized that Donghae’s sobbing.
She turned around to look at him. His tears started to fall.
Donghae continued talking.

“Yunho loves you. And he’s my friend too. I stepped aside you guys although how much it hurts seeing you together. And you said then that you’re in love with someone. I thought it was him. I thought I’m going nuts when I felt like beating him up. I felt like he stole you from me. And when you left, I thought distance will help me forget you. But I was wrong. When you came home after Min Ah died, when you went you to SM to see me, the feelings were still the same. And I realized, I even loved you more. You just don’t know how much I wanted to kiss you right there at the parking lot. I missed you so much. When we went on a vacation trip at Mokpo, I still couldn’t believe I was able to control myself. When you said that you just went with me there because it was Min Ah’s wish, I felt so sad. I felt that you were just pushed to fulfill her wish. But you know what Jang Mi? When we went to Mokpo, when you took me to East Sea, and when you played that song for me, those weren’t Min Ah’s wishes but mine. I told her ever since that I wanna take you to Mokpo, bring you to the beach and have you sung my song. But she’s so nice to make you do it for me. I felt so guilty when I realized that. But still I’m more thankful to her. “

Jang Mi could see Donghae’s sincerity. She looked into his eyes.

“Donghaeya…”

“When I made love to you, it wasn’t just an outburst emotion. I Love you! I was so happy to hear that you love me too. But you never gave me a chance. When I woke up without you beside me, I felt like going crazy. We didn’t talk at all. I went to the Philippines a lot of times to look for you. I thought SM’s gonna fire me already for always being gone without notice. But Michi told me that your uncle is always saving me. I don’t know if you told him, but I think he’s doing it for you. They sent me to China to stop me from going back and forth to the Philippines. I felt I lived the last 2 years of my life wastefully. I kept blaming myself why you’d left.”

She dried Donghae’s tears. She never felt this happy before. The man she loves loves him too. She can’t say a word she just stared at him and listens to all he’s saying. She’s cherishing every word he speaks.

“When I saw you at Eunhyuk’s birthday. I can’t even get close to you. I was so happy to see you but if I get near, I can’t promise to act properly. That’s why I let them talk to you first. They didn’t know what happened between us. I can’t tell them.”
“I even moved here to make me feel closer to you. I want to feel your presence. I never changed the combination keys. I never changed the arrangement. I was hoping that one day, you’ll come back here. And so I could tell you how I really feel. But now that you’ve come back, I just realized that I was right. “

Donghae then kneeled in front of her.

“Jang Mi… I love you… please accept me. Do you still love me?
Please tell me that you love me still.”

Is she dreaming? She’s been waiting for this moment almost all her life.

Jang Mi’s tears started falling again. She pulled Donghae up.
She looked into his eyes. Before she could only see him as someone so far from him. Someone she could never have. But now, she felt that he’s someone destined for her. Someone she could call hers.

“Am I not dreaming? Please oppa. Don’t hurt me again.”

Donghae then kissed her. She never felt their kiss as intimate as this one. When they ran out of breath their lips parted.
“I love you Donghae. There’s no other man besides you. I love you. I thought this day would never come.”
Her tears kept on falling. Donghae then kissed her again. And everything she tried to say was blown away by Donghae’s kiss.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mianhe for the late update!

I hope this updates makes it all up! Haha. Komowo~~~

Thanks for the wait.

Love yah guys!

Comments are love!