Chapter 4

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

 

Jang Mi walked towards the hallway of the bistro Eunhyuk told her where they will meet. Excited, yes she is. It’s been three years. She wanted to see her old friends, especially now that they have reached their dreams already. She wanted to see them how they have transformed. She also brought with her the gifts she bought for them.

I hope they are all here. The 13 of them.

She then saw the VIP room. According to the waitress she asked, a lot of them are already inside the room. She then took a deep breath before she held the knob. But even before she held a grip of it, the door suddenly opened. She was so surprised seeing Leeteuk who opened the door. Leeteuk was surprised too seeing her standing in front of the door.
“Jang Mi?”, Leeteuk said with his eyes widened in surprise.
“Jungsoo?”, she asked back.
Leeteuk then gave her a quick hug and shouted to the other people inside the room that she’s already here.
“Jang Mi’s here!!!!”
She then entered the room. The boys inside were screaming and are obviously are happy to see her.
She embraced each one of them.
“Heechul! Oh my! You’re still pretty!”, she said to Heechul as she hugged him.
“Of course I am!”, Heechul replied with a laugh.
Then she hugged Hankyung who’s beside him.
“Geng, I missed you!”, she said.
“Me too! How come you were so away for so long?”, Hankyung asked her.
“Wow! You’re Hangul is better now! It wasn’t that good before.”
They both laughed at what she told him.
“Ryewook! You’re manlier now! How’s the magnae doing?”
Ryewook answered her back with a smile, “Of course I’m manly!”.
“Shindong!” she said as she hugged him too.
She then released her and hugged also Yesung who’s right next to Shindong.
“Jongwoon, I missed you!!!”
“How could you not miss me? You always make sing before.” Yesung said to her with a laugh.
“Yeah, I quite remember that” she smiled back.
“How about me? You never missed me did you?” Eunhyuk said as he stood behind her.
“HyukJae!!! My gosh!” she exclaimed.

But she then jokingly changed her mood.
“Of course I didn’t!” she answered back without facing him.

“How could I miss you, you already dropped your friends didn’t you?!”
She then faced Eunhyuk and then laughed together. They hugged each other.
“Of course I missed you, you fool.” She said to Eunhyuk seriously.
She then saw Kang In with open arms standing behind Eunhyuk.
“Kang In! Korea’s No.1 handsome guy!” They were both laughing after she said that. She also accepted KangIn’s hug.
“Kibummie!” she said as she saw Kibum smiling at the corner.
“Noona!” Kibum said as he came closer to hug her.
“Yah! Don’t make it very obvious that I’m older than you!”

“Don’t worry it doesn’t reflect on your face.”
They were laughing too.
Then somebody tapped her on the shoulder.
It was Siwon with his ever handsome smile.
“How about me?” he said.
“Siwonnie!” she said as she hugged him too.
“By the way, this is Kyu Hyun. Our newest member.” Leeteuk formally introduced to her.
Kyuhyun smiled. “Nice to meet you. Can I call you noona ”
“Of course. I heard you sang well. You become famous in the Philippines when you sang with Charice.”

“Really? I’m famous in the Philippines?”
“You all are.”

But they didn’t finish their conversation when someone came rushing between them.
“Excuse me, Excuse me. Let me through please.” Sungmin said as he tried to get to Jang Mi who is surrounded by men.
“Sung Minah!” Jang Mi happily said as she saw Sungmin trying to get near.
She embraced Sungmin.
“Chingu! Sungminah. How are you?”
“I’m fine how about you?”
“I’m fine too!”
They were like kids holding each other’s hand and jumping around.
They then all gathered around and took seats.
“I’m so happy when I received your call this morning. And wow! You looked prettier!” Eunhyuk spoke.
“Gee! Really? I look prettier?”
 

“Of course you’re pretty.”

 

Somebody said from the door part of the room. Everyone became silent and turned around to see who it was.

It was Donghae standing at the door.
She’s glad to see him again. But she couldn’t control the thrill that comes with it.
“I know I am!” She jokingly answered.
Donghae smiled. He went inside the room and went near Jang Mi.
“I missed my bestfriend a lot so I’m, sitting beside her.” Donghae said as he pushed Sungmin aside and took his seat.
“Yah!” Sungmin said.
“Mianhe hyung”. Donghae said as he gives a sweet smile.
She didn’t move from her seat. She wanted to get used to Donghae’s presence. She wanted to take off all the uneasy feelings whenever she sees him. She needs that strength for the next few days. At least for the next few days only until she could carry out Min Ah’s wishes.

 “Before I forgot, I have something for you guys.” She then opened the big paper bag she brought with her and gave each one of them gifts. Each of them received a smaller paper bag with a t-shirt, key chains, and some Philippine delicacies.
As she handed her gift to Eunhyuk, she asked him a question.
“Where’s your girlfriend? The one you’ve been boasting about just this morning?”
Eunhyuk’s smile perished. He acted sad as he answered Jang Mi’s question.
“She can’t come. She said she’s busy.”
“Are you just kidding me? You don’t really have one, do you?”
“Of course I have! I’ll bring her around next time.”
They were really like that. Eunhyuk’s been one of her closest friend too. But she just can’t tell him everything. He and Donghae are very close too.

She then handed her gift for Donghae. Just like with the others, she gave him the paper bag with the gifts inside.
“Gee, thanks Jang Mi. I love these!” Donghae happily said.
She was glad Donghae liked her gifts for him.
After the gift giving they then started the party. They kept talking and talking. She also kept on telling stories about her stay in the Philippines and how she wanted to take them there.
“Did you have any boyfriends while you where there?”
Out of nowhere, Heechul asked her that question.
She was tongue tied for a moment. She tried not to look at Donghae but she failed to control her neck. She just wanted to see how he reacts to that question. But when she looked at him, she didn’t see any difference on his face.
Sure he doesn’t care.
She then answered Heechul’s question.
“I was so busy with my studies. I can’t waste my time with relationships.”
“Really huh? I bet you’re lying. You’re pretty and I’m sure a lot of guys wanted to get near you.” Siwon said.
Donghae still didn’t say anything. She wanted to hear his side about it.
Damn it Donghae.
“You’re lying Jang Mi…” said unconvinced Yesung.
“Unless you’ve left your heart here in Seoul that’s why you can’t give it to others.” Shindong said...
Now this interview is really making her crazy.