Chapter 12

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Donghae went near Yunho and Jang Mi.
”Hyung!” Donghae said as he hugs Yunho.
The latter gave a faint smile.
Jang Mi just looked at them. She doesn’t know what to feel seeing them in front of her. She feels awkward that Donghae saw her with Yunho. And she felt guilty seeing Yunho beside Donghae.
‘Am I just using you to forget him? Am I that rude?’

The two boys parted. Now they’re looking at her. She felt uncomfortable with their stare.
“Isn’t she still beautiful? I haven’t seen her for quite sometime now but it seems like she’d never changed.” Yunho spoke to Donghae as he intently looks at Jang Mi.
Donghae just smiled.
She on the other hand, was just blushing with Yunho’s words.
“I’ve always been beautiful.” She jokes just to relieve her tenseness.
“Now you’re complimenting yourself again!” Donghae laughed.
“Of course she’s beautiful.” Yunho seriously said.
And she’s blushing again.
“Oppa, you don’t have to say it again and again.” She laughed.
She then looked at Donghae. He was just smiling.
“By the way Donghaeya, why are you here?” She asked Donghae trying to change the topic.
“Uhm, nothing. I had some schedule near here so I just decided to drop by to say hi.” Donghae answered. “By the way, why are you together?” Donghae asked Yunho.

“Well, uhm… we’re dating.” Yunho said as he placed his arms on her waist and with so much happiness in his voice.
She was surprised with Yunho’s words. She never expected him to be that straightforward.
She studied Donghae’s face. At a moment he looked surprised but it suddenly faded.
“Really? Well I’m so happy for you both.” Donghae said with a smile.

‘Oppa. I think I’m better off with him. It’s better this way.’ She said to herself.

“We’ll, I guess I’m a distraction here. I think I better leave.” Donghae tried to be sensitive for the couple.

 

 “No. Actually, it’s just fine.” Yunho laughed lightly as he kept his closeness with Jang Mi.

 

“No. I mean, you needed privacy. I think I should give you that.”

Donghae smiled at her as he moved away waving his hand saying goodbye.

 

 

Donghae then took his car and drove away, leaving the two of them.

“Sorry about what I said to him awhile ago. I just couldn’t stop myself.” Yunho apologized.
“About telling Donghae we’re going out now? It’s just fine. I think he has to know too.” She replied.
But Jang Mi can’t deny the fact that there’s a feel of unhappiness inside her.

“Really? I’m so glad to hear that.” Yunho happily said as he held her hand and kissed it.
All she did was to smile back too.



Afternoon of the next day, she went again to the school to fulfill Min Ah’s last wish. It was also the seventh day that they’ve been together since she came.


She had practiced that piece already. It was so surprising that she easily memorized the song.

 

‘Maybe because it’s Donghae’s work’, she said to herself.

She then called Donghae over the phone.
“Oppa, where are you?”
“I’m at Mnet now. I have some schedules. Why?”
“I’m here at our old high school. Can you come?”
“Right now?”
“If it’s alright with you. Yes.”
“Ok, I’ll be there in a sec.”

She sighed after she ended the call.
It’s already Day 7. This is last time I’m gonna do this.
She then walked around the school campus, trying to recall old memories.
She happened to pass by the school’s soccer field. She remembers well during their high school when Donghae used to stay on the field to practice.

He used to play it very well then.

She used to cheer for him together with Min Ah back then. As she stepped into the field she remembered more things. Donghae used to spend late afternoon till night to practice. And they kept him company. Donghae tried to teach them too how to play soccer. Min Ah easily learns it but when it comes to her, Donghae failed. She really isn’t good with sports. So she ends up sitting on the bench waiting for them. She smiled as she remembers it.
Maybe she likes Min Ah a lot because they used to share the same interest.

Jang Mi then heard someone called her.
As she looked back, she saw Donghae going near her.
“Yah! What are you doing here?”
“Just reminiscing the good old days.”
Donghae smiled.
“Yeah, this placed really reminds me of lots of things.”
They walked around the field. Donghae was mentioning about some funny memories he recalled. Jang Mi kept laughing with all he says.
Donghae then spoke.
“Let’s dance here.”
Though surprised, Jang Mi was able to talk back.
“Yah. Are you nuts?”
She laughed.
“I’m serious. Come on.”
Donghae then took her hand and placed it on his shoulders. He then placed his hands on Jang Mi’s waist.
“Oppa… you know… I can’t dance.” She spoke.
Donghae smiled. He kneeled down and removed his shoes. After such, he also removed Jang Mi’s sandals.
He then stood up. Jang Mi was so puzzled with what he’s doing.
Donghae then talked.
“Just step on my feet. I’ll do the dancing.”
She felt so nervous with what Donghae was telling her. But despite her worry, she followed what he told her to do.
She stepped into Donhae’s feet. Donghae then moved slowly.
She felt like dancing in the clouds. The man he loves is dancing with her.

How I wished this never ends.

Donghae held her close. She could hear Donghae’s hearbeat.
If only this beats for me.
Jang Mi didn’t notice how long they were dancing.
All in her mind was how close she is to the man she loves.
Jang Mi then felt the dancing stopped.
She raised her face to look at Donghae. He was staring at her too.
She felt uneasy with his stare.
So she looked away.
She just heard Donghae speak.
“Are you really going out with him?”
She was surprised with what he said.
“You mean Yunho?”
“Who else.”
“Yeah.” She nodded.
“You love him?”
Her heart is aching now. She can’t tell how long she could take every word that comes out of his mouth.
“Why are you asking me that?”
“I just wanna know. You’re my friend. “
“He’s not gonna hurt me. I’m sure of that.”
Unlike what happened when I loved you.
Donghae smiled.
“He’s a good man. I think he’s gonna take good care of you.”

She quickly moved away from Donghae. Her heart couldn’t take it. He’s giving his consent for her relationship with Yunho. It’s what she expected but it pains her still.
She turned her back. She can’t let Donghae see the tears building up in her eyes.
“Come on, I have something to show you.” She said.

Donghae followed her up to the music room. Donghae realized Jang Mi’s leading him to the music room. He looked so happy and excited at the same time.
As Jang Mi opened the door, Donghae can’t help but to smile.
“I’ve missed this place!” He quickly went in and looked inside the room. Musical Instruments were everywhere.
Jang Mi went in too. She was looking at Donghae.
“Oopa, Take a seat.” She told Donghae.
She was referring to the sofa near the piano.
“Why?”
“Just sit there.”
She then went to the piano and took a seat too. She then started playing and singing the song.

Darling I want you to listen
I stayed up all night, so I could get this thing right
And I don't think there's anything missing
Cause a person like you, made it easy to do
I've waited for so long, to sing to you this song

Cause your eyes are the windows to heaven
Your smile could heal a million souls
Your love completes my existence
You're the other half that makes me whole
You're the only other half that makes me whole

I think the angels are your brothers
They told you about me, said you're just what she needs
And I find myself thanking your mother
For giving birth to a saint
My spirit flies when I say your name
If there's one thing that's true
It's that I was born to love you

Cause your eyes are the windows to heaven
Your smile could heal a million souls
Your love completes my existence
You're the other half that makes me whole
You're the only other half that makes me whole

You make my dreams
Come true over and, over again
And I honestly truly believe
You and me are written in the stars
I live my whole life through
To giving thanks to you

Cause your eyes are the windows to heaven
Your smile could heal a million souls
Your love completes my existence
You're the other half that makes me whole
You're the only other half that makes me whole

She felt like crying after playing the song.
It was so beautiful. Too bad, it’s not for me.

Donghae in the other hand recognized the song. He stared at her with too much emotion in his eyes. He started to move closer to Jang Mi.
Jang Mi tried to explain how she got the song.
“Oopa, I know it’s your song. I got it from…” She didn’t finish her words as Donghae pulled her up from her seat.

Donghae looked into her eyes. She was so nervous looking at him. It’s the first time she saw Donghae like that.
She tried to continue talking.
“Oppa, I’m…” for the second time she didn’t finish talking because Donghae suddenly grabbed her waist and nape and kissed her.
She was so surprised with what he did. He continued kissing her fully.


He’s not drunk but why is he doing this? Her mind is asking.

For the seconde time, she could never resist Donghae. She found herself responding to his kiss. Donghae has no signs of letting her go. She felt her knees weaken. She holds on to Donghae to stop herself from falling down. Donghae in the other hand held her tightly. Their kiss grew deep.
 

It’s this feeling again.

Being kissed by the person you wanted… no, not just wanted but loved the most in the whole world is the best feeling one could ever feel.

 

She didn’t ask for questions anymore.  

She let herself be drifted to the happiness she’s feeling.

She drank her pride.

For the last time, she let herself be free.


But the kiss didn’t last like she thought it would.

 

They heard the door opened which made them both stop.
They were surprised to who’s at the door.

 


It was Yunho holding a bouquet of flowers. HE was so shocked at what he saw.

 


And they too can’t even say a word.