Chapter 14

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Donghae was so surprised with Jang Mi’s words.
But Jang Mi didn’t stop talking. She blew out the secret she’s been hiding for years. She doesn’t care anymore. She had started opening up, now she’ll say everything that made her miserable for the last several years.

“I was hoping that you’ll see me as a girl and not just a friend. But you just can’t. It’s Min Ah you saw. Not me. And… my God… she’s my bestfriend. And that made it more painful.”

Donghae couldn’t say a word. He was just looking at her as she continued talking.

“I tried to forget you, so went away. I thought that was the best thing to do. I thought I could forget you, but I just couldn’t. I have no plans of seeing you again. But when she died, she left me with her wishes. So I let myself see you again… for her. I went to Mokpo with you because she asked me too.”

Jang Mi’s tears kept falling as she spoke.

“I felt so anxious seeing you again after 3 years. But I still faced you. I betrayed myself when I felt like I’m not doing those things for Min Ah but for myself too. It’s because I love you! I’m so stupid for falling for you! Of all people why it’s you! I tried to love Yunho because at least I know that he loves me. But every time I see him I felt so guilty inside because I know in my heart that it’s you I love. It’s you I’m crazy about!”

She’s been pushing Donghae on the chest releasing all the tension in her.


Donghae is still unable to say a word. He just let her hit him. He tried to absorb all the words she’s saying. But he couldn’t. Everything was surreal.

 

He looked at her. Her eyes were full of tears.


“I’m sorry…”

Jang Mi dried her tears.

“No you shouldn’t be!” She answered back.
She continued talking.
“You don’t have to be sorry. I chose this. I chose to love you. So please, don’t show pity on me. I’m already done with feeling so unfortunate when you chose to love her. Please let me have at least my pride.”

 

Jang Mi dried her tears with her fingers. And then she faced him.

 

“So now you know everything. Please stay away from me now. There’s no point of seeing each other.”

 

She inhaled deeply and mustered all her strength for the last words she’s going to say.

 

“Good bye Donghae.”

 

She felt like her heart was squeezed tighty. She couldn’t breath.

She quickly then dialed the combination keys of her door and opened it... leaving Donghae behind. But as she closes the door, Donghae held the knob and stopping her from closing it.


Donghae looked at her eyes. He saw the tears he caused her. He saw now the meaning of her stare - the meaning of all her actions. Jang Mi pulled the door so as to close it but Donghae won’t let her.

Donghae pushed Jang Mi inside the apartment as he went in too.
As the door behind them locked, he then grabbed Jang Mi by her arm.

 

He stared at her for seconds and soon his lips went down on hers.

He kissed her fully.

Jang Mi didn’t know what to do. She was so surprised with Donghae’s kiss. She tried to push him but she felt so weak. Donghae kept kissing her and even pushed her off the wall so not to let her go.

She felt intoxicated again with Donghae’s kiss. She felt the eagerness in it. It was a rough kiss. She stopped herself so not to respond to his kiss. But she just felt like betraying herself for the third time. It seems like Donghae has some kind of power over her that she just can’t say no. She just found herself kissing him back. She held Donghae’s head as they kiss. She’s mimicking Donghae’s lips. She doesn’t care anymore what he’ll think. If this will be their last kiss, she might as well make the most out of it. And she just felt like this will be the one.

She then felt Donghae’s kiss soften. It was now gentle. She kept her eyes closed to feel it. And now she felt like floating. She just realized Donghae carried her in his arms. She held onto Donghae so she won’t fall. She just then felt the soft bed on her back as Donghae kept kissing her with tenderness.

Everything she wanted to say were drifted away with Donghae’s kiss.

If this will be the last moment I’m going to spend with you, then I might as well have the best memory of it.





Jang Mi woke up and saw Donghae sleeping beside her. His arms were all over her. He was embracing her tightly.

How I wish we could stay like this forever. Lying with you, with your arms as if not letting me go.

Donghae’s face was touching her neck. She felt his breath so warm. There’s no other place on Earth where she wanted to be except in his arms.
The scent of his hair, it was like heaven to her.

I’ll let myself be in this place for a little longer. Just a little longer.

Jang Mi can’t sleep anymore. She wanted to feel every moment she’s with him. That’s all that’s left for her.

 

To make a little more memory of him.

The dawn is already breaking. Though against her will, she slowly let herself free from Donghae’s arms. She tried to get off slowly so not to wake him up. She dressed herself and started packing up. She just took those important ones. She doesn’t care anymore of what she’ll left.

She stood up and started walking out of the room. But she felt her feet and heart so heavy. She doesn’t want to leave.
She then looked at Donghae sleeping soundly.

I’m so sorry. I just don’t know what to say anymore the moment you’ll wake up and started talking.

For the last time she went near him and stared at his lovely face.

‘I hope one day, we’ll see each other again. And on that day, we’ll be free from the strings we’re attached to.’

She then kissed him lightly on the lips.
‘Saranghaeyo.’

Jang Mi then left the room.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for the late update.

Kinda busy with certain things.

to those who left their comments, komapta!!!!!

i'll be updating as often as i can.

Komapta guys!!!!!!!!!!!