Something Negative?

The Blind Eyes

School ended rather quickly, and Wooyoung was the first to leave his class. He went to room 88 to pick up IU, while Tiffany struggled to catch up with him.

"Jang Wooyoung, wait up!" Tiffany whined.

"Not now, Fany! You'll never know if IU is getting pushed around in the class!" Wooyoung said, as he peaked through the window on the door. He found IU diligently listening to the teacher, typing up the notes. Wooyoung frowned. That's weird…The bell rang and no one's going out! 

"Wooyoung, IU isn't going to be out for a while," Tiffany informed. "She told me while we were walking to class. She said that her class ends a bit later than the rest because of her."

"What?! That's insane!" Wooyoung protested, as the halls began to be filled with students packing up. Tiffany sighed.

"I know, but the students and teachers are afraid that if she doesn't take notes, she might not do well in school. Of course, IU says that she has sharp ears and all, but…"

"If IU says she's fine, she's fine! Why does everyone think that IU is weak?" Wooyoung asked, groaning frustratedly.

"No one thinks that way, Wooyoung oppa. It's just that we want IU to study well and be safe–"

"Psh. Fine. We'll wait outside then," Wooyoung grumbled, storming out of the school building. Tiffany sighed and put her hands on her hips. Why are you worrying about a blind girl who can do perfectly on her own and not me, your future fiance? Tiffany wondered jealously. She didn't want to admit that she was jealous of IU, but she knew that it was a fact. She couldn't help it. 


"IU, do you want me to help you close your laptop?"

"IU, do you want me to help you put your stuff in your backpack?"

"IU, do you want me to push in your chair?"

"IU, do you want me to lead you outside to your dog?"

IU laughed as all the students around her kept asking her questions. "I'm fine, everyone. You can all go home. Really."

She felt uneasiness from the students. IU sighed quietly. She was very thankful for the student's offer, but these were simple things that she was able to do. Sometimes, she wished that she was deaf so that she couldn't hear all these offers from the students. Yet, she was glad that she wasn't deaf, too.

"She doesn't need anyone's help," a very familiar voice hissed. IU smiled at the voice.

"Key oppa!" IU exclaimed.

"How did you get in this school? You don't even have our uniform," one of the student snapped.

"Don't worry, this is Ki Bum–I mean, Key oppa, my childhood friend," IU introduced. "These are my classmates, Key!"

"Yeah, what wonderful classmates you have," Key muttered. IU smiled and nodded in agreement, not noticing the change in Key's voice. However, she did sense that her classmates feared Key. Key grabbed IU's backpack and smiled at IU warmly. "Come on, IU! Let's go and ditch these losers."

"I didn't quite catch what you said earlier, oppa–"

"Oh, nothing! Let's hurry up and get out of here," Key said quickly, pushing IU out of the door roughly. IU frowned as she walked out of the school building. I know he said something, IU thought. I just wish I knew what exactly he said! I'm sure it was something negative…