Eyes In The Heart

The Blind Eyes

"Wooyoung oppa."

"What?" Wooyoung grumbled, annoyed. "It's five in the morning! It's a Saturday! Let me sleep!"

"But it's urgent!" Tiffany complained, tapping on Wooyoung's shoulder. "Please wake up!"

"But I don't wanna…"

Tiffany blew her bangs. She glanced around the room and headed towards the kitchen. As Wooyoung soundly slept on his king-sized bed, hugging a pillow, he was not aware that Tiffany had left. 

Splash!

Just then, Wooyoung felt his whole body socked in water. He gasped for air, as the cold, icy water stung his cheeks. It was like as if millions of needles stabbed his lungs, while Wooyoung quickly recovered. He glared at the person who had a glass cup in her hands.

"Tiffany!!"

Tiffany stared innocently at Wooyoung as she gently placed the cup on the desk. "Oops! Mian, but I have no idea what you are talking about."

Her tone was light and innocent, but cold and dark. Wooyoung grumbled something under his breath as Tiffany went to Wooyoung's closet. She picked out some fresh clothes for him and folded them neatly on his desk. She turned to Wooyoung and smiled.

"Wooyoung oppa, let's go out for a date."

Wooyoung's eyes opened wide. "Mwoh?"


"IU..." Key whispered, knocking the door. No answer. He cleared his throat as he turned the doorknob. It was surprisingly opened. As Key entered the house, he took a step in the room. Immediately, something large and furry jumped on Key like a bullet. 

"GAH!" Key screamed, as IU quickly ran into the room. She stumbled on her toe, as Bummie growled at Key.

"B-Bummie! Where are you?" IU shouted. Her voice quaked with fear, as she frantically moved her hands on the ground. She tried to find her dog in the darkness, but the dog did not respond. Bummie was too busy taking care of the stranger. 

"Bummie, get off!" Key commanded. Bummie, who recognized the voice, immediately got off of Key. It acted like nothing had happened, as it stared at Key with warmth and happiness. Key rolled his eyes as he walked to IU. "IU, it's me, Key."

IU heaved a relieving sigh. "Oh, it's you. I thought…"

"That I was a robber or thief?" Key finished. He laughed as he helped IU up on her feet. "Don't worry, I won't steal anything from you. Why is it so dark here?"

"Really? I just opened the curtains, though," IU mumbled, tapping her chin. Key smirked as he opened the curtains. The room was immediately brightened, as Bummie whimpered from the bright light. It used its paws to cover its eyes, as Key blinked.

"I guess you've never opened the right curtain before," Key mumbled, as IU shrugged.

"Well, I've been trying to find it, but I never could," IU explained. Key laughed as he patted IU's head. He pressed his lips for a moment, and then smiled gently at her.

"Hey, IU, do you like Wooyoung?" Key asked. IU looked shocked.

"Of course I do! He's my friend!" she exclaimed. 

"No, no, I mean do you love him," Key clarified. IU stiffened. She tapped on her chin, and then shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't want to love anyone right now. I'm too scared that the person would take advantage of me," IU replied softly. Key heaved a sigh.

"You're still thinking of…"

"La, la, la! I can't hear you~" IU sang, covering her ears. Key rolled his eyes as he uncovered IU's ears by removing her hands.

"Are you still afraid of the world just because you're blind?" Key whispered. IU felt her teeth chatter.

"No."

"Promise?"

"…No."

"IU, even those people who have eyes and are able to see are also blind."

IU frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, they use their eyes to see things, but they have another kind of eye in their heart that's blind."

"Name one person who has an eye in their heart," IU said. Key blew his bangs. Obviously, IU did not understand what Key was saying. He knew what he was saying didn't make sense, but at the same time, it did make sense.

Wooyoung, Key named. He uses his eyes to see things, but deep inside his heart, he's so blind, he doesn't recognize that the people around him care for him or support him.