The Blind Meets The Hate

The Blind Eyes

"Bummie!" IU called, holding a cane. Bummie barked loudly and ran to IU. He accidentally jumped on her, causing her to fall on her bottom. He suddenly her cheeks and chin, as IU giggled. "Bummie, get off me!" 

Bummie obediently obeyed and got off of IU. IU giggled as Bummie held the other end of the leash for IU to grab. IU reached for it and grabbed it as she opened the door. She smiled warmly at her dog as they began to head out. Time for school, she thought.


"Omo, omo! You look adorable, Wooyoung-ah! Tiffany, doesn't he look beautiful?" Wooyoung came down the stairs with a frown. He already changed into his school uniform, and found his future fiance standing near the stair. She shyly looked at the ground and smiled.

"N-Neh," Tiffany said. Wooyoung scoffed lowly and rolled his eyes. Tiffany bit her lips. I said something bad again, she thought. Mrs. Jang frowned.

"Wooyoung-ah, your future fiance said something nice to you. Apologize to her for your rude attitude!" Mrs. Jang demanded. Tiffany bit her lips even harder.

"A-Aniyo! It's fine! Besides, this is Wooyoung we're talking about," Tiffany quietly said, looking at Wooyoung from the top tips of her eyes. Wooyoung rolled his eyes and turned his back against the two girls. 

"I'll be going," Wooyoung announced, walking out of the house. Tiffany panicked and bowed at Mrs. Jang.

"T-Then I'll be going, too! Good-bye," Tiffany said, as she followed Wooyoung out of the house. Mrs. Jang frowned at Wooyoung and shook her head. Aish…that boy! I wonder if there's anyone in this world that can change his heart.


"Wooyoung Oppa!" Tiffany hollered, panicking. "Wait up!"

Suddenly, Wooyoung stopped his tracks which made Tiffany accidentally bump into him. Tiffany yelped and backed up. She frowned at Wooyoung and rubbed her nose. "Ouch…That hurt!" 

"Hey, I'm going to skip school today, so you go ahead," Wooyoung said, not facing Tiffany's face. Tiffany looked trouble.

"But…"

"Hurry up and go," Wooyoung demanded coldly. Tiffany quickly nodded and scurried off to school like a mouse. When Wooyoung thought that Tiffany was gone, he sighed and turned around. He wasn't heading anywhere specific. All he wanted to was have some peace to himself. The first place he thought of was so simple, but relaxing at the same time: The park.


10 minutes later, Wooyoung arrived at the nearest park. He sighed and stared at the deserted playground and swings. He checked his watch casually and thought, Tiffany should be at school by now.

"Bummie!" Wooyoung quickly turned around and widened his eyes when he saw a black, furry dog running towards him. Suddenly, the dog jumped on Wooyoung, causing him to fall on his back.

"Oof!" Wooyoung yelped, as the dog climbed on his chest. It happily Wooyoung's face, where Wooyoung spat and groaned. Ew, dog slobber! he thought, disgusted.

"Bummie, where are you?" a female voice called. Wooyoung finally picked up the dog and sighed as he wiped his slobbery face with his uniform sleeve. He looked around and found a girl holding a cane, hollering for 'Bummie.' Wooyoung looked down at the dog's collar. 

My Name Is:

Bummie

"So Bummie's your name, eh?" Wooyoung mumbled. The dog barked as if understood what Wooyoung had said. Wooyoung smirked and looked at the young girl. The first thing he noticed was that she wore the same school uniform as his. So she goes to the school I'm going to, Wooyoung thought. He cleared his throat. 

"Um, excuse me! Your dog is here," Wooyoung shouted. The girl jumped as if it was scared of Wooyoung's voice. She quickly turned to the direction where Wooyoung was.

"Who are you? D-Drop my dog!" the girl demanded. The second thing Wooyoung noticed was how beautiful the girl was. Her long, brown hair grabbed the sun's rays, making it shinier and brighter. Her face was pure and adorable, which made Wooyoung feel somewhat shy to face her eye-to-eye. 

"I'm, er, Jang Wooyoung. I go to the same school as you. See?" Wooyoung said, slowly dropped the dog and pointing at his uniform. The girl scrunched her eyebrows, frowning. She quickly bent down and clapped her hands.

"Bummie! Come here boy!" the girl called. Bummie barked with glee and ran to his original owner. The girl began touching the dog as if it was trying to make out if it was her dog or not. She smiled and patted Bummie's head. "Good boy, good boy…Don't run away like that, arraso?"

"Um, excuse me, not to be rude, but can I ask your name?" Wooyoung asked politely. He only thought that it would be fair if the girl had introduced herself since he had introduced himself. The girl smiled warmly at Wooyoung, as Bummie ran back to Wooyoung to be carried.

"My name is Lee Ji Eun, but please call me IU," IU greeted, approaching Wooyoung. "Can I have my dog back again? It seems to like you." Wooyoung curiously raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? It's right next to you," Wooyoung said, pointing at Bummie who just went next to IU. He sat down next to her obediently, hanging his tongue out and wagging his tail excitedly. IU laughed nervously and bent down, her head still looking up to face Wooyoung. She touched the ground blindly, and bit her lips.

"I'm sorry, but can you lend me a hand? Can you grab my hand and put it on top of Bummie's head?" IU asked politely, embarrassed. The third thing that Wooyoung noticed was shocking to him: She's blind.