Blossoming Relationship

The Blind Eyes

The very next day, Tiffany got up extra early. She dragged her feet to the bathroom, and rubbed her eyes. Once she arrived at the bathroom, however, her teeth flashed into a sly smile, as she looked darkly up at the mirror.

Sometime's a girl has to do a job on her own, right? she thought.


"Wooyoung…Wooyoung oppa," a voice whispered. Wooyoung groaned, recognizing the voice. He closed his eyes even tighter, ready to feel the icy cold water that would sting his skin. He was even ready for some kind of bruise to show up on his face. However, Tiffany didn't do any of those. Instead, she shook him gently, telling him to wake up in the most soft voice she could say. Wooyoung shivered. He knew well that something was wrong.

"Five more minutes!" Wooyoung groaned. The shaking stopped. The voice stopped whispering. He heard Tiffany inhale and exhale like a bull, as if she was ready to kick his and scream at him to get moving. However, Tiffany smiled sweetly at him, as Wooyoung took a quick peak.

"Okay, honey. Five more minutes," Tiffany agreed. Wooyoung felt his heart stop.

Did she just call him honey?

Yes.

Did she just agree for him to sleep in bed for five more minutes?

Yes.

"Okay, what's the new catch, Fany?" Wooyoung grumbled, sitting up. Tiffany giggled and flashed him a pearly white smile. She leaned even closer, only inches away from Wooyoung's lips. Wooyoung didn't dare to move. He knew that Tiffany couldn't just kiss him. 

"No catch this time, Oppa. Just get ready, arraso?" Tiffany said. Wooyoung's eye brows rose as Tiffany skipped away. He scratched his head, thinking if he just saw the real Tiffany or not.

She's definitely up to something, Wooyoung thought. I can feel it!


"Oh, there's Wooyoung," Key said, looking up. IU looked up, too, with excitement pasted on her face. A rush of joy made her squeal silently to herself, as she ran towards the street. However, before she could take a step, Key pulled IU back.

"You're heading towards the street," Key sighed. IU bit her lips softly and blushed.

Woops! IU thought, laughing a bit. Don't want to get run over by a car…

Key dropped his mouth when he spotted Tiffany and Wooyoung. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, and thanked for IU not having the ability to see, because if she was able to see, she wouldn't like it.

"Gosh Tiffany, you're so heavy!" Wooyoung groaned. Tiffany giggled and wrapped her arms tighter around Wooyoung's neck. Wooyoung was giving Tiffany a piggyback ride, and he didn't seem to like it one bit. Tiffany pecked on Wooyoung's cheek as he shivered. "And what the heck is wrong with you? You're not supposed to be–Oh, IU."

In an instant, Tiffany was on the ground, making a loud thud! sound. Key helped Tiffany up, as Wooyoung smiled softly at IU.

"Hey IU! How are you today?"

"Fine. You?" IU asked bubbly. Wooyoung grinned as he unknowingly grabbed IU's hand.

"Great. Ready to go in?" he asked, rubbing his shoulder with his free hand. Tiffany shot Wooyoung a dirty glare, but Key narrowed his eyes at her. 

"Sure! You sound a bit tired, though. Want to get something before we arrive at school?" IU asked. 

Wooyoung nodded his head. "Sure. Sounds great. We're off, guys! Bye!"

With that, Wooyoung and IU took off, leaving Tiffany and Key alone. Key crossed his arms and flicked Tiffany's forehead with his fingers. Tiffany flinched.

"Ow! What was that for?" she questioned bitterly.

"Look, I don't know what you're exactly up to, but leave them alone," Key muttered.

"Why? If you won't help me, then a girl's got to do things on her own, right?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Wooyoung is going to fall in love with me before you can even say another word," Tiffany proudly stated. Key blinked his eyes for a few moment. Then, he bursted into laughter.

"You? Wooyoung's going to fall in love with you that fast? Psh. You're too late for that, Fany," Key smirked. Tiffany's face flushed red as she made a fist.

"You'll see! You'll see with your own eyes!" Tiffany declared. She stormed away from Key, as he slid his hands into his pocket, smirking widely.


During break, Tiffany brought Wooyoung to a secret place that she thought nobody had been to. She had secretly snuck Wooyoung out of school just to visit the special place. She kept a proud smile on her face the whole time when dragging Wooyoung to her secret place, holding and gripping his hands tightly with her smooth, lovely hands.

"Come on Oppa, hurry!" Tiffany urged. Wooyoung sighed. He promised to meet IU during break to feed Bummie some treats for being good, but because of Tiffany, he had let IU down. Feeling somewhat upset, he reluctantly followed Tiffany out to the park. Tiffany smiled satisfyingly and leaned against Wooyoung's shoulder, which made him stiffen. "This was the place where I came when I was upset," Tiffany lied. "Don't you like it?"

"I've already been here," Wooyoung said, as a slow smile crept on his face. He remembered the fist that he had met IU at this same park. He remembered how Bummie had attacked him, as if it purposely wanted Wooyoung and IU to meet. He remembered how well the two had gotten and how fast their friendship had blossomed. "I met IU at this same park, near the swings over there. I should really take her here sometime–"

"Let's go back to school, shall we?" Tiffany suggested, tugging Wooyoung away from the park. She gritted her teeth, angry at how Wooyoung had shared "her secret place" with IU in the first place. Let's just go to plan, B, Tiffany told herself. Plan B – the roof.


"Don't you love the view?" Tiffany asked aloud. She spread her arms like the scene in Titanic, inhaling the afternoon air of the city. Wooyoung examined the roof, and then blushed a bit. He remembered how he had let IU touch his lips, and she had commented that his lips were soft.

Tiffany, who noticed how red Wooyoung was, frowned. "Are you sick?"

Wooyoung look startled for a moment, looked up, and shook his head. "N-Nothing. Really, it's n-noting."

"Sure seems something," Tiffany muttered. Wooyoung pressed his lips into a thin line.

"It's just that…I spent some time with IU here so…yeah," Wooyoung replied, touching his lips. "Don't you just like the city view here?"

Tiffany's eyes widened, as she stormed away from Wooyoung. He stared at her confusingly, as Tiffany scowled. 


Key came up to Tiffany, whistling a joyous tune. When he arrived at the library, he spotted Tiffany reading a thick book at the quietest corner of the library. He picked up a random book from the shelf and slid next to Tiffany, who seemed frustrated.

"So…how's it going with you and Wooyoung?" Key asked. The tone of his voice was more like he was mocking or possibly teasing Tiffany's failure. It was as if he knew that Tiffany had failed. Tiffany ignored Key and continued to read her book.

"I don't want to talk about it," Tiffany grumbled. Key bit his lips from keeping himself from snickering.

"Suree. You just don't want to admit that you lost," Key smirked. Tiffany looked up from her book and glared at Key.

"I won!" she lied. "I won Wooyoung's heart! In fact, he's taking me to a romantic dinner tomorrow," Tiffany stated proudly. Key almost bursted into laughter when he heard Tiffany's lie. 

"Well, sorry to say madam, but I heard from IU that her schedule was booked with spending some time with Wooyoung tomorrow," Key replied, resting his temple against the palm of his hands. "12 hours straight."

"That's such a lie!" Tiffany accused, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment. "Wooyoung oppa will never lie to me!"

"Unless you're lying to me," Key said, staring in Tiffany's eyes. Tiffany groaned as she slammed her book close. She stormed out of the library, not even bothering to put the book back. Key flicked his tongue as he walked up to the old librarian.

"I'll take this book," he said. "Seems interesting enough."


"I don't understand!" Tiffany muttered quietly to herself. "Why didn't Wooyoung oppa tell me anything about him and IU going on some sort of secret date? Plus, I've been with Wooyoung oppa way longer than IU. How could he possibly fall in love with IU? It just…it just doesn't make any sense!"

She almost screamed the last sentence until she looked up to see Wooyoung and IU probably a few feet away from where she was standing. She kept still, watching them chat for a moment. The sunset looked stunning, painting the sky with a nice, bright orange texture. The clouds had hints of pink and maybe orange on them.

Tiffany froze. Seeing Wooyoung and IU together in the sunset, something sparked up in Tiffany's heart. It wasn't like any evil plan came up in her head. No, it was more like she knew something deep inside her heart, but she just refused to accept the fact. The two were smiling, opening their mouth. She couldn't tell what the two were talking about, but she did not care. She knew that what their conversation was about wasn't important. What was important was how…right it felt for them to be together.

Being a smart girl, Tiffany turned around decided to take another turn to Wooyoung's house. The beautiful scene of Wooyoung and IU in the sunset replayed in her head. A smile melted on her lips, as she fully understood why she couldn't make Wooyoung hers: It's impossible for Wooyoung's and IU's relationship that was already beginning to bloom.