Opened Eyes

The Blind Eyes

Wooyoung froze. What?

"You're kidding," Wooyoung said, laughing weakly. "You have to be kidding. Stop lying. I don't like this game. Okay, you got me. Now let me see IU."

"He's serious, Wooyoung," Key replied, covering his face with his hands. "He's really serious."

Wooyoung stared at Key. "B-But didn't I donate my eyes to her?"

"Apparently, your eyes didn't work for her. They found the donor, but he was going mad. So he suddenly stabbed his eyes, making him forever blind," Tiffany explained. "So IU couldn't do anything. They tried to look for dead eyes that matched with IU, but they failed."

The color on Wooyoung's face drained away as he stared at Tiffany with his jaws wide open. He didn't know what to say. He was speechless. Suddenly, a rage of anger rushed through Wooyoung's blood. He glared at the docotor, and jumped off his bed. He grabbed a nearby vase and raised it up. 

"YOU SELFISH MAN!" Wooyoung screamed angrily. "YOU COULDN'T EVEN SAVE A GIRL'S LIFE! SHE HAD SO MUCH TO SEE, BUT ALL SHE SAW WAS DARKNESS AND HER DEATH!"

"Wooyoung, stop!" Key snapped, pulling Wooyoung back. "Don't you dare throw that vase! They tried their best!"

Tiffany's eyes grew wide as she stared at Wooyoung's angered expression. Never in her life did she ever see Wooyoung this mad and caring. If Wooyoung's mother died, she doubt that Wooyoung would care. However, IU died, and he was filled with frustration. 

Five minutes later of screaming and yelling, a tear tricked down Wooyoung's cheek. He collapsed on his knees, dropped the vase in front of him. The doctor stared at Wooyoung, scared about how reckless he was. Key sighed and clenched a fist, trying to fight back his tear. Tiffany noticed that Wooyoung's hands were bleeding, but he didn't care.

Wooyoung felt a pain stabbing through his heart. His throat felt scratchy, and it hurt every time he gulped in his saliva. His nose was getting running, but he didn't notice. The salty tears trickled down to the ground, wetting the soil from the vase. Wooyoung started sobbing, curling his bloody fingers into a fist.

IU…IU…IU… he repeated, crying.

And everyone knew that the person who was most hurt was Wooyoung.


"Here," Tiffany said, once Wooyoung calmed down. She handed Key and Wooyoung each a video tape. There wasn't anything written on the tape, except for their names. Tiffany held her own tape and gripped it tightly in her hands. "These are tapes that IU told me to hand you guys if she…passed away. Go home and watch them. "

Wooyoung stared at his tape without saying a word back to Tiffany. This tape was priceless. It had everything that IU had to say to him. He bit his tongue to keep himself from crying.

"Alright. Thank Fany," Key said, holding up the time just above his shoulders. "I'll be going first then–"

But before Key could say another word, Wooyoung was already out the building.


This tape, Wooyoung thought softly. He slipped the tape into the video box. This tape…This tape has answers. Hopefully it has answers. I want it to have answers.

He the remote and stared at the T.V. He was only a few inches away from the T.V., and he knew that his eyes would get worse. However, he didn't care. He just wanted to know what IU had to say to him. Suddenly, the T.V. went fuzzy. Wooyoung gritted his teeth frustrated.

Stupid, old television! Wooyoung thought, banging his fist on the ground. Turn on, you–

Before Wooyoung was able to complete his thoughts, the T.V. began to create a blurry picture. He stopped gritted his teeth and stopped to stare at the blurry image. The image cleared up, and Wooyoung slightly gasped. There was IU, in her hospital gown. Her brown, long hair was tied up into a bun, and she looked pale.

"Is it on?" IU asked, looking at the camera.

"Yep, it's on," a familiar voice replied. Wooyoung's eyes widened. He recognized that voice. It was Tiffany. 

Tiffany must've recorded this for IU, Wooyoung thought, clenching a fist. IU smiled towards Wooyoung.

"Wooyoung oppa," IU said sweetly. "How are you?"

I'm not feeling so well. I want you back, Wooyoung thought, tears swelling up in his eyes.

"Hopefully you're fine. I don't want to see my best friend cry," IU mumbled. "Well, as you can see, I'm dead, probably. I already know that Bummie is dead, but this isn't about Bummie or my death or anything about death. It's about you," IU pointed at herself, "and me."

Wooyoung shook his head. "It was always you, IU. Always you."

"Um…where should I start?…Oh yeah! My thanks. Wooyoung oppa, I really thank you for being my best friend. Key was fine, and Tiffany was okay, but you were special to me. You were like a true friend to me. I could never have a better friend like you. You're the only one who treated me as if I wasn't blind. Sure, you did mention a few parts that I didn't like, but other than that, you were my favorite best friend. Thank you, so, so much," IU thanked, folding her hands. Wooyoung gently gulped.

"Okay, on the the next part. The doctor probably offered you, Key oppa, and Tiffany unnie to donate your eyes, yes?" IU asked. Wooyoung nodded his head quickly. IU smile gently and played with her pale hands. "Even though the doctor offered you the choice, I told the nurse and a couple of other surgeons for you, Key oppa, and Tiffany unnie not to donate my eyes. I'm sorry, but I can never, ever take your eyes. I want you to see, explore the world, and open your eyes to the things you couldn't see most–love."

"But I still wanted to donate my eyes," Wooyoung whispered. He refused to let his tears spill, so he backed away from the screen a bit. Suddenly, IU smiled softly, like how a true best friend would smile at another best friend. Her smile was warm, gentle, and welcoming. Wooyoung sniffed. Oh shoot, don't make me cry right now, Wooyoung thought.

"Wooyoung oppa, there was something that I truly, deeply wanted to tell you. I wanted to tell you when I got my eyes so I could tell you eye-to-eye, but I guess this video will have to do." IU took a deep breath, and exhaled. Her eyes watered, and Wooyoung caught sight of something nobody could've probably see through the video–tears. 

"Wooyoung oppa…I love you." With that said, the video automatically turned off. Wooyoung felt his tears trickling down his cheek. His lips trembled, as he constantly began to sniff. His heart ached with misery, as he stared at the T.V screen.

"I didn't even get to say 'I love you'," Wooyoung whispered. He put a hand on top of the dusty T.V. box and began sobbing. His sobs grew louder and louder, until the lights in his room flicked on. Wooyoung quickly turned around, finding Key and Tiffany staring at him with sympathetic faces at the door.

"I'm so sorry, Wooyoung oppa," Tiffany said quietly. Wooyoung shook his head and wiped his tears. He calmed himself down by taking deep breaths, and finally got up. He continued to shake his head as he walked out the door.

"No, you shouldn't be sorry. C'mon, let's go," Wooyoung replied. He walked away as Tiffany followed right behind him. Key stood in place, and then glanced at the T.V. screen. He then let out a bitter laugh, and then put his hands in his pocket.

You're lucky, Wooyoung, Key thought sadly. IU didn't even confess to me.


Years passed, and Wooyoung actually graduated from high school. When he graduated from high school, he started to move into IU's apartment–the same room she was in. Key and Tiffany occasionally came over to help Wooyoung unpack his stuff, but they were busy with their diva lives. 

However, as Wooyoung began to stay in IU's room, a rumor began to spread throughout the town. It was said that every night when Wooyoung slept with the lights on, a shadowy figure would appear at the window, kiss Wooyoung, and mouth, "I love you."

Some people claim that the figure looked like IU, while others claimed that it was a prank on Wooyoung and the town. However, Wooyoung never saw a shadowy figure, and never heard a sound coming into his room. Do you think that the ghost was IU? Or do you think that it was just a prank some kids played?

Well, I'll leave that decision up to you.

~The End~


A/N: WOOHOO! The story finally ended! >< Well, it ended as a happy-ish and sad-ish ending :P Thank you to all those who subscribed, commented, and read my fanfic. :) I really appreciate all those who have supported my fanfic. :D I hope you guys enjoyed the story, and…Well, that's all I have to say. O_O But thank you vey much! ^_^