The Sleepover (Part 2/2)

The Blind Eyes

"Wooyoung oppa, I'm sleepy," IU said drowsily, yawning. She wiped the tears (from the yawn) and covered that stretched like a rubber band. Wooyoung, too, was getting tired. He nodded his head as he got up. He stretched his arms far apart, and then quickly shrank to his normal state.

"Yeah, it's getting pretty late, too," Wooyoung agreed. "Let's go to sleep, okay?"

"Arraso. Do you mind if I wash up first?"

"Not at all," Wooyoung said. IU nodded her head as she dragged her feet to the restroom with her cane. Her ankle seemed to have gotten better over the past few hours. Wooyoung smiled, proud that he had fixed up IU's bruises without letting a nurse or a friend help him. 

After a few minutes, the two were fully dressed up and ready to sleep. Wooyoung insisted on tucking IU in her bed, but IU complained that she did not need to be tucked in. Soon, Wooyoung gave up as he jumped on the couch. IU frowned, as she approached him.

"I feel bad that you have to sleep on the couch," IU replied. "Why don't you just sleep on my bed?"

"Because," Wooyoung replied tiredly. "I'm just a guest."

"A guest shouldn't be sleeping on the couch."

"And a princess shouldn't be sleeping on the couch, either," Wooyoung replied, smirking. "A princess should be in bed, sleeping soundly like a baby."

IU's cheeks reddened, as she quickly wiped her sweaty palms on her nightgown. "Why am I a princess? I'm not that pretty."

"Being a princess doesn't mean that you have to be pretty," Wooyoung replied, standing up. He put his hands on IU's shoulder, making her fluster. "You just have to be the kindest, most generous princess among all the girls in this universe."

"But I'm blind," IU replied glumly. "A princess can't be blind. She needs to see the world and know how beautiful her kingdom is just by seeing!"

"Let's get back to reality, IU. You live in an apartment, not a castle," Wooyoung said, chuckling. "Now, go to sleep!"

"But–"

"Now!" Wooyoung urged. He pushed IU to her room carefully, making sure that she did not trip on the ground. IU continued to frown, trying to change Wooyoung's mind about him sleeping on the couch. She failed, and eventually gave up. 

"Fine, but next time, you're sleeping on the bed when you come to my house!" IU demanded. Wooyoung rolled his eyes and nodded, not caring a thing that IU was saying.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Wooyoung replied. "Whatever. Just go to sleep." He tucked her in and unconsciously pecked her forehead. IU began to fluster, as she hid half of her face with the soft blanket.

Dazed, she blurted, "And next time, I get to peck your forehead, too."

Wooyoung's eyes enlarged, as he blushed. Realizing what she had said, IU blushed and closed her eyes tightly. Both hearts were racing, blood pumping to their cheeks. Aish…Now you're going to make everything awkward! IU thought, scolding herself.

"You were joking, right?" Wooyoung asked quietly. IU rolled her eyes carefully to the direction she heard Wooyoung's voice. She took this opportunity to lie, even though she knew that lying was bad.

"Yeah, I was," IU lied. It hurt deeply inside, as if she had left a scar there. Silence filled the atmosphere, as it got even more awkward and tense. Wooyoung cleared his throat and glanced away.

"Well, I'll be sleeping," Wooyoung said. "It's been a long night."

"It has," IU agreed. She closed her eyes, and waited for a few minutes for Wooyoung to leave. He didn't. He sat on a chair nearby, covered with only a fleece blanket. As she drifted off to sleep, she couldn't help but wonder why Wooyoung was staring at her, sitting down on the chair as if he was waiting for someone.


Someone clicked the window to IU's apartment opened. He slid inside the room, like a shadow. Dressed in black, Thunder tugged on his black glove. He made sure that he left no fingerprints or footprints, incase that someone called the police and the police men tried to find him. He scanned around the room. There was no one in the kitchen nor the living room. He even checked the bathroom, and found no one. Thunder smirked.

I expected Key to be here, waiting for me. Maybe Key's not as protective as he is as before when I ditched the two of them, Thunder thought. As he walked across the living room to head to IU's room, his eyes caught a photo of IU, Key, and Thunder together, smiling and grinning. His face fell, as he remembered bits of that time the photo was taken.

"Oppa!" little IU was blindly running towards Key and Thunder. Thunder rushed to aid her, afraid that she might trip and hurt herself. Sure enough, IU almost injured herself. Again. Thunder was able to be her pillow–her body toppling over his. Key rushed over to aid Thunder, who had scratched all over his elbows and knees.

"Aish…" Thunder hissed, as Key cleaned up Thunder's wounds. "Ji Eun-ah, you need to be careful! You forgot your cane again!"

IU began to sob, wiping her tears as Key applied a bandage to Thunder's elbows. "M-Mianhae, Sanghyun oppa! I'm a bad friend!"

"No, you just made him trip and fall because of your clumsiness, that's all," Key said, as he smiled at IU. IU began to cry even more, as Thunder cooed and comforted her. He shot a glare at Key, who innocently stared at IU bawling.

"Ki Bum!" Thunder scolded. "You aren't supposed to say that! One day, I'm not going to be there to protect IU."

"So what was I supposed to say?"

Thunder sighed and put his hands over his forehead. "Just…Just promise me that you'll take care of her when something happens to me?"

Key laughed at Thunder's silly promise. "What are you talking about? You know that I won't leave her! I'm her best friend!"

Thunder rolled his eyes. "I bet you're going to be the first one to leave the three of us later when we grow up."

Oh, how wrong he was.

Thunder clenched his fist, as he found himself in IU's room. His head was hovering IU's face, covering the moonlight that shined on her flawless face. He gulped, forgetting for a moment about why he was here in the first place. He took a deep breath, and bent down on his knees. He didn't even notice Wooyoung, who was started to wake up.

"I'm sorry Ji Eun," Thunder whispered. Wooyoung's eyes enlarged, quickly gaining his senses. He wanted to shoot his head up, yell at Thunder, and kick him out of the apartment, but once he heard the apology from Thunder's lips, he wanted to listen. He barely lit his eyes, so that Thunder thought that he was sleeping.

"I'm so sorry about what I did to you in the past, Ji Eun-ah," he apologized again. "I didn't want to break our friendship, but I had no choice. I loved her. She was so beautiful, I couldn't resist her. I hope you understand this. I…" Thunder gulped in his saliva. "I…I really love you like how Key loves you. I swear."

What is this, some kind of confession? Wooyoung wondered. He open his eyes slowly, realizing that Thunder was leaning in closer, and closer. Something took over him. Wooyoung didn't know what, but he found himself on top of Thunder, wrestling with him.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" Wooyoung screamed. He threw a fist at Thunder's chin, who groaned in pain. Thunder kicked Wooyoung's shin, which made Wooyoung get off of Thunder. The commotions and bangs woke IU up. She sat up straight, her eyes wide like a doe's.

"W-What's going on?" IU stuttered.

In a calm voice, Wooyoung said, "Go to sleep IU–"

"Ugh…My shirt is covered in blood. Yuck," Thunder spat in disgust. "Stop dripping your nose blood on my shirt!"

"Blood…?" IU said hoarsely. She screamed, her face as white as the snow. Wooyoung and Thunder stopped arguing and looked up, noticing that IU had collapsed. Wooyoung immediately got up to see if IU was doing fine. He checked her pulse carefully, hoping and praying that she was alive.

Ba-thump. Ba-thump. Ba-thump.

She was definitely alive. Her heartbeat was slow, but it relieved Wooyoung that IU was alive. He turned around to fight with Thunder again, but found him missing. The corner of his eyes caught Thunder on the edge of the window.

What the heck?! What's he doing? Doesn't he know that this is a high apartment? Wooyoung thought. Just then, it hit him. It him so hard, he was already panicking. Thunder was going to jump off the window. Right now, from probably more than 20 feet.

"What the heck are you doing?!" Wooyoung yelled. "Get back in here!!"

"Why?" Thunder barked, glaring at Wooyoung. "I already said my apology to her."

"Are you planning to end your life with an apology? Don't you want to be educated and stuff?!"

Thunder's face turned dark and cold. "I have no life after she broke up with me."

"Who? IU?"

"No, you idiot! My girlfriend! My girlfriend, the only girl who I cherished and loved!"

"So IU was nothing to you?"

"She was…until I realized how much I missed her right after I found out that my girlfriend was cheating on me…"

"You're giving up? Seriously?"

A smirk played on Thunder's lips, as he faced Wooyoung's eyes. He totally ignored Wooyoung's question and was a second away from jumping off the window.

"Let me just tell you some things," Thunder said. "I'm warning you, you better get Bummie fixed up, or else you're all going to suffer the pain that I went through–losing a love-one."

With that, he jumped off the window. Wooyoung dropped his mouth, as he ran to the window. It felt like he just go to know Thunder. He wanted to get to know Thunder a bit more, so that maybe he could help about his problems. Time passed by faster than Wooyoung had expected. A lifeless body was on the ground, covered in red liquid. Wooyoung gulped, as he rushed to find a telephone. To others, it was sickening view to see someone dead. However, to Wooyoung, it was such a depressing sight, especially he seemed to only understand a part of Thunder.

His fingers pressed on the buttons, waiting for the police station to pick up.

Tonight is a very sad and disastrous night, Wooyoung thought, as a tear trickled down his cheeks.