To the Pet Shop

The Blind Eyes

Last night, police cars, ambulance, and fire fighters swarmed around that one dead body on the ground. Wooyoung had explained everything to them about how Thunder came inside and jumped off the building. He excluded the fact about how Thunder apologized to IU and about Thunder's warning about Bummie. 

I just don't get it, Wooyoung thought, frowning. He glanced at IU, who was hugging her pillow. Her color returned back to normal, but she was still scared about what she had heard about Thunder. She couldn't believe her ears at all, and usually she trusted what she heard.

Why did Thunder oppa do that? That's not like him at all, IU thought, curling herself into a ball. She rocked back and foreword, aimlessly looking at the ground.

"IU, you okay?" Wooyoung asked. IU just nodded her head. Wooyoung nodded his head as he closed his eyes to calm down. The memories of Thunder and how he jumped off the window flashed into his head–faster than the speed of light. Wooyoung shot his eyes wide open and gasped for air. He couldn't believe it, either. It was the first time that he had seen such a person take the risk of losing their life. 

I wish I understood him a bit more, Wooyoung thought. Maybe I could've helped him or something. I just wished I somehow stopped him from jumping out of that window!

Suddenly, Key barged into the room. "What the heck happened? I was coming over and suddenly officers are swarming around a bloody spot! What the heck happened?"

Wooyoung and IU kept quiet, especially Wooyoung. The same scenes of Thunder jumping off the window flashed back into his memory. He looked away with shame, as IU decided to speak up.

"Thunder oppa. He's dead." Her straight-forward answer told Key that she did not want to speak about it. Key glared at Wooyoung, wanting to punch his face. 

"I told you to protect her, not cause her to have nightmares! You idiot!" Key yelled. IU looked up at the direction she heard Key and glared at him coldly.

"Enough!" IU snapped. "Wooyoung has nothing to do with this! He just woke up and protected me! That was your orders, right? To protect me?"

Key hesitated. He wished that he had something to say, but IU was right. He kept quiet, closing his lips. He still shot a dirty glare at Wooyoung, but Wooyoung didn't care. He was still haunted by the memories from last night. IU understood him a bit. For once, she was glad that she was blind. Otherwise, she could've seen the same bloody and horrifying scene, which would stain her memories.

"Wooyoung oppa…" IU said gently. "Do you want to go to the pet shop with me? I need to buy some more food for Bummie."

Wooyoung gave IU a weak smile. "Sure, I guess."

"I'm going, too!" Key announced.

"I never invited you over," IU said coldly. "Plus, you have to think about what you said to Wooyoung earlier and apologize to him."

Key dropped his mouth wide open. He was never ordered by IU to do something. Well, that was a lie. He was always ordered by IU to do something, but she would order him kindly. It was the first IU was acting cold and angry towards him. His heart burdened with guilt, as he meekly nodded his head. Wooyoung couldn't help but snicker quietly at Key, who hung his head down low. He looked up at IU and gave her a brighter smile.

"Sure," Wooyoung agreed. "Let's go to the pet shop later this afternoon, okay?"