Strike Three–You're Out

The Blind Eyes

Wooyoung was waiting outside of IU's house. He was wearing a simple white t-shirt with a fine red jacket covering it. He wore navy-blue jeans, and had a black belt around waist. He tuned a whistle, checking his new silver watch. Why did I even come early? Wooyoung wondered, noticing that he had came 10 minutes early. 

Meanwhile, Key was in disguised as a girl. He was wearing a brown wig, which was tied in wavy pigtails. He wore a white polo shirt and a blue checkered-skirt, which added the girly-effect. Surprisingly, he looked gorgeous when he crossed dressed!

10 minutes later, IU came out with Bummie, who was on a leash. She was simply wearing a white, loose shirt tucked in her blue skinny jeans. She wore her hair in a messy bun, which almost made Wooyoung laugh at her. Bummie barked excitedly at Wooyoung, who grinned at the dog.

"Yo, Bummie! How are you?" Wooyoung asked, as the dog barked in reply. IU giggled as Wooyoung looked up at IU. He smiled softly at her and held out his hand. "Hey IU! What's up?"

"I'm fine, thank you," IU replied shyly. Key frowned and crossed his arms. Flirt, he thought, glancing a cold look at Wooyoung. Wooyoung smiled and grabbed IU's fragile hands. IU widened her eyes and blushed nervously.

"Well, let's go!" Wooyoung exclaimed, dragging IU away from the house. Key smirked. HA! He didn't fix IU's hair. Psh. Strike one.

"To where, though?" IU asked curiously. Wooyoung stopped walking and turned to IU.

"Um…I dunno," Wooyoung said, scratching his head. "I never really thought about the places to go. I just wanted to have fun and explore!" Key rolled his eyes. To have fun and explore with someone blind? If someone is handicapped, you must be prepared, Wooyoung-ssi! Strike two, Key thought, looking at this watch.

"Ah…I wanted to go this place. I'm not sure where it is, but Bummie seems to bark a lot there," IU said, staring at the ground. Bummie wagged his tail and barked happily. Wooyoung smiled and nodded his head.

"Arraso! To the…whatever-Bummie-wants-to-go-to-or-something-place!" Wooyoung shouted unsurely, as he dragged IU to wherever Bummie wanted to go to. Key narrowed his eyes and secretly followed behind the two. This date might end faster than I thought.


"Arf, arf, arf, arf!" Bummie barked repeatedly, staring at the window. Wooyoung looked at the store they were at: The Pet Shop. Wooyoung tapped his finger on IU's shoulder. IU gasped and jumped in shock, shivering in fear. 

"Oh, sorry! Did I scare you?" Wooyoung asked, apologizing. IU sighed a relieving sigh and forced a smile, shaking her head.

"Ani, you didn't. Wooyoung, where are we?" IU asked, bending down to pet Bummie. Wooyoung sighed.

"We are at the pet shop," Wooyoung said, glancing at Bummie. "I have no idea why we're even here."

IU managed a cute giggle and played with Bummie's ears. Usually, dogs wouldn't like it if you played with their ears, but Bummie didn't mind at all. "He's probably here because he smells treats. Bummie-ah, I'll buy you a sausage later, arraso?"

"Ya, ya!" Wooyoung said, frowning. "If we're already here, let's go in then."

"But won't Bummie go wild or something in there? We got in trouble because Bummie saw a dog," IU said, looking up at Wooyoung. Wooyoung just shrugged and pulled IU back on her feet.

"Well, that was in the past. Now, we're in the future. Let's go!" Wooyoung exclaimed, opening the pet shop. Key was unsure if he should go in the shop or not. If I go in, I would look suspicious. If I don't, I wouldn't know what's going on in there, Key thought, tapping his foot impatiently. 

"Hey! You there!" a stranger shouted. Key turned around and noticed a couple of guys walking towards her. Key crossed his arms and turned his full attention to these strangers.

"What do you want?" Key snapped. The strangers whistled and stared at Key.

"Hey, wanna come and–" Before one of the guys could finish his sentence, Key crumbled his fingers into a tight fist and punched the guy's face. The guy fell on the ground unconsciously and passed out. Ow, Key thought, as his fist throbbed with pain. Nevertheless, he decided to act cool. Well, if these guys think that I'm a girl (and obviously they are dumb), then I should be able to fool the dumb Wooyoung. Thanks man, Key thought, walking away into the pet shop.

When Key entered the pet shop, he saw Bummie sitting down impatiently, staring at the dog treats. He pretended that he, too, was buying some treats.

"Let's get this one, and this one, and this one!" Wooyoung exclaimed, grabbing three bags of different dog treats. Bummie barked happily, pleased with what Wooyoung had suggested. IU frowned and tried to grab the treats.

"Ya, do you think I'm made out of money? My parents passed away and I'm trying to support myself with the dog," IU grumbled. Wooyoung smirked and patted IU's head.

"Don't worry! I'll buy it for you!" Wooyoung exclaimed. "I have tons of money, and you can just waste them."

IU looked slightly upset. "But…money is precious in this life. You have to learn to save and spend, Wooyoung oppa."

Key suddenly froze. His heart seemed to squeeze with jealousy, as he thought, Wooyoung oppa? Since when did she call Wooyoung 'oppa?'

"Aigoo…Don't worry, IU! I have enough to buy the whole world!" Wooyoung snorted. IU looked down at the ground.

"But your mother wouldn't like that," IU pointed out.

Wooyoung's expression turned cold and dark, "Who cares about my mother? I hate her to death. Actually, I hate life. I hate everything."

Suddenly, IU looked upset. She looked down as Bummie whimpered. Everything? So he hates me? Then what's this date for? she wondered. Her eyes widened as it began to water. So…Is he playing with me? 

Key quickly noticed that IU was about to cry. He curled up his fingers into an angry fist. Aish…JANG WOOYOUNG YOU MADE IU CRY! That's strike three–You're out.

"Well, let's go and purchase these," Wooyoung said, brightening up again. IU forced a smile and nodded.

"Okay…Hey, Wooyoung? Can we go home now?" IU asked, looking at the ground. Wooyoung sighed and smiled softly at her. I guess she's just tired, Wooyoung thought.

"Sure, let's go home after we buy these," Wooyoung agreed, purchasing the items and handing them to IU.


"I'll see you later," IU whispered. Wooyoung nodded as IU ran inside the house with Bummie. Once the two were inside, Wooyoung smiled and turned around. Well, that went pretty well! Wooyoung thought. When he turned around, he almost screamed. A girl was standing in front of him, frowning.

"It's a fail," the girl snapped. Wooyoung scrunched his eyebrows.

"And you are…?" he asked. The girl snarled at Wooyoung and took off "her" wig. Wooyoung gasped an widened his eyes.

"Oh my gosh, is that you Key?" Wooyoung asked. He was just about to laugh until Key crossed his arms.

"Strike one happened when you didn't fix her up–"

"I don't know how to play 'hair!' I'm not a girl, Key! Unlike you…" Wooyoung mumbled.

"Strike two happened when you weren't prepared for the examination. You must always be prepared!" Key added, ignoring Wooyoung's comment.

"Well, I just wanted IU to have fun!" Wooyoung murmured.

"Strike three happened when you were in the pet shop, about to make IU cry," Key finished, sticking out three fingers. "Three strikes mean that you're out. You obviously failed the examination. You can't be IU's friend."

Wooyoung scoffed. How would Key know if he made IU cry? All Wooyoung saw was IU smiling until they were going home. Besides, why would she cry? Key, you're weird, Wooyoung thought, shaking his head. 

"Look, just leave me alone! I get to chose who gets to be my friend, while IU gets to choose who her friends should be," Wooyoung snapped. "This is one reason why I hate the world–Because people like you are in this world!" 

Wooyoung slipped his hands in his pockets and stormed away. Key glared at Wooyoung, and looked at the apartment worriedly. I hope you're okay, IU, Key hoped, crossing his fingers.

The three never knew that there was an additional member secretly stalking them. A figure wearing a coat was hiding behind a tree, hiding away from three from being caught. The figure peaked quietly at Key and noticed his crossed-fingers. The figure knew immediately why he was so protective around the blind girl. She glanced at Wooyoung, who was still seen from the distance. Wooyoung…you're even blinder than IU, the figure silently thought.

 

A/N: Hey! This is 500sunny500 speaking! ^^ So if you looked at the poll, the results were: No! Do not put KeyFany together at the end! I'm so sorry to disappoint to those who had voted Yes, but then I will probably add some KeyFany moments :) It's just that I won't pair them up at the end :P But I hope you continue to support this FF! ^^ Who knows, maybe I'll add the same poll in the future! :3