The Evil Side of Key

The Blind Eyes

IU couldn't believe what she was hearing. No, she couldn't believe who she was hearing. It's been…how long has it been? A couple of years? IU wanted to hear Key's voice once more. She wanted to make sure that it was really him. Bummie seemed to know that it was Key. It seemed pretty confident. Otherwise, Bummie would growl at the stranger who claimed that he was Key.

"IU?" Wooyoung spoke. IU sighed in relief. Oh, it was Wooyoung, not Ki Bummie.

"Hey, I remember you!" Key exclaimed. IU froze and clenched her teeth. Oh gosh, it IS Ki Bum!

"Yeah, me too, I remember you. What do you want with IU?" Wooyoung snapped, glaring at Key. Now he was sure that Key was a suspicious guy. Key glanced at IU, then back at Wooyoung. Key suddenly walked towards IU and put his arm in front of her.

"I don't exactly know who you are, but I'm not going to let you touch Ji Eunnie!" Key snapped coldly. IU widened her eyes. It really is Ki Bum. It–

"Me either, I won't take IU away. I don't even know who you are. I only know that your name is Ki Bum–"

"Call me Key now," Key interrupted. IU quickly grabbed Key's arm. Key looked down at IU, who slowly shook her head. Although I'm not sure about the situation now, IU thought. I don't want to hear the two fight.

"Key, please don't fight," IU whispered. "He's Wooyoung, my friend!"

Key froze when IU said the last word: friend. His eyes widened as he slowly turned his head. He examined Wooyoung carefully, making sure that if he was a good friend or if he was just one of those people who pitied IU. Wooyoung glared at Key, who smiled. He walked to Wooyoung and casually stuck his hand out.

"Hi, I'm Ki Bum, but call me Key," Key said, waiting for Wooyoung to shake his hand. Wooyoung glanced at IU, who hid behind Key. Sensing that Wooyoung was still suspicious of Key, IU slowly nodded her head. Key oppa is safe. He's a very kind man, IU thought, smiling softly. Wooyoung hesitated for a moment, and then shook Key's hand.

Suddenly, Key gripped around Wooyoung's hand even tighter. Wooyoung winced. What the…What's up with him?! Wooyoung wondered irritatedly, biting his tongue to prevent him from screaming in pain. He didn't want to worry IU at all. Key smirked mischievously.

"I-I'm Wooyoung," Wooyoung stuttered weakly, as he pulled away his hand roughly. Key nodded and smiled warmly at IU.

"It's been a long time, right Ji Eun?" Key asked. IU smiled back at the voice and nodded.

"Neh, it has. Oh, please call me IU now, Key oppa," IU said sweetly. Wooyoung glared at Key as he rubbed his hand. Psh, this guy isn't nice at all! Wooyoung thought coldly. The two started a nice conversation, leaving Wooyoung alone and deserted. Just then, Tiffany came along and smiled at Wooyoung.

"Wooyoung oppa! Why'd you leave me there talking all by myself? People were staring at me weirdly when I started talking about the lectures," Tiffany pouted. Wooyoung sheepishly rubbed his nape. While Tiffany was busy blabbering about his mother's lectures, he secretly ran away to find IU. 

"I, well, um–"

"Oh, IU!" Tiffany exclaimed, walking up to IU. She quickly grabbed IU's soft, fragile hands and smiled brightly at her. "You know, I'm really sorry about how honest I was . Honestly, I am. So, to make up for it, let's go to class together! I'll try to be as careful as I can, arraso?" 

IU stared at Tiffany uncomfortably. IU looked down at the ground as Bummie barked. Bummie growled at Tiffany, who yelped and quickly let go up IU's hands.

"Oh my gosh it's that freaky dog!" Tiffany screamed. Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

"It's a guide dog! Sheesh, Tiffany. If you don't like dogs, walk away from them," Wooyoung said coldly. Tiffany frowned.

"What ever!" Tiffany said, rolling her eyes. She smiled at IU and took her hand. "Let's go!" 

IU widened her eyes as Tiffany pulled her away from the two boys. W-Wait! I was in the middle of talking to my childhood friend! IU thought, panicking. She made a mental note in her head to apologize to Key from running away while they were talking. Wooyoung cupped his hands around his mouth and took a deep breath.

"IU! WE'LL PUT BUMMIE BACK IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING!" Wooyoung shouted. Hope that she heard what I said, Wooyoung thought, glancing at Bummie. Bummie whimpered when he saw IU being taken away. Wooyoung looked back at Key. "So I assume that you are Bummie's original owner? That's, of course, what IU said." 

Wooyoung jumped when Key shot a deadly glare at Wooyoung.

"Yeah, I am. Look, if you don't want any trouble from me, it's best to stay away from IU. I know you're just pretending to be her friend. You're just like everyone else who pities her because she's blind. Besides, IU's really gullible. If you just say that you're her friend, she'll believe in that. I'll take Bummie back to the front gate; you have school," Key snarled harshly, patting his thigh. Bummie immediately responded as he marched away next to Key. Wooyoung dropped his mouth open, widening his eyes. Then, when Key and Bummie disappeared, Wooyoung scoffed and tossed his head.

"Oh my gosh…I can't believe that guy!" Wooyoung scoffed, putting his hands on his hips.