Bummie's In Love

The Blind Eyes

"Are we there yet?" IU asked. Walking with Wooyoung felt like hours, even though it was only a few minutes. In a minute or so, she knew that her heart was going to burst. It was already beating fast enough, pumping blood to her pale cheeks. Wooyoung glanced at IU, noticing that she was blushing madly. He was tempted to ask why, but decided to drop the topic and answer IU's question

"Almost," Wooyoung replied. "I guess in, like, two more steps?"

"One, two," IU slowly counted. She glanced at the direction of the street. "Are we there yet now?"

"Um…you're facing the other way. I'm over here, the other side," Wooyoung said, turning IU's head. IU flustered as she slowly nodded her head. 

"Heh, heh, heh," Bummie panted. It was like it was laughing at IU's silly mistake, even though it had seemed IU making these mistakes all the time. Wooyoung couldn't help but grin, as he courted IU into the pet shop The bell chimed, as the animals began to make loud ruckuses. Birds chirped to be freed, dogs barked to be adopted, cats meowed sadly, and other rodents pressed their faces against the class. The only animal that wasn't making any sounds were the fishes, who swam away from any human in site. IU stared at the shop sadly for a moment.

"I feel sad for these animals," IU said quietly. "It's sad for them to be cooped up in their cage."

"Hopefully they get adopted sooner or later," Wooyoung mumbled.

"I wish I can own this pet shop so that I can own all of these animals," IU said, smiling a bit. "It'll be like a beautiful world!"

"Except how are you going to feed the animals when you're blind? You'll need help," Wooyoung pointed out. IU glumly dropped her head down.

"I guess you're right," IU muttered. "A dream is just a dream."

"Well, maybe you'll get someone to donate your eyes sooner or later," Wooyoung said. "I wouldn't mind giving my eyes to you…"

IU's eyes widened in fear. "Oh no! I can't accept your eyes! You should go around the world and explore!" IU's face fell once more. "But I'll stay in the darkest corner, crying my heart out since I'm blind."

Wooyoung began to feel sympathetic for IU, so he changed the subject. "So what kind of food does Bummie like?"

"Dog food?"

Wooyoung chuckled. "No, I mean, what kind of product."

"I don't know. I just grab a random pack or let Bummie choose. I can't exactly see the product…" IU said quietly. Wooyoung flinched, knowing that the topic of IU being blind might come back again. He cleared his throat loudly, startling IU a bit.

"Okay, so…how does Bummie choose his meal?" Wooyoung questioned.

"Er…I let go of his leash and…" IU dropped Bummie's leash, as the leash fell down onto the ground. Suddenly, Bummie's eyes widened, its tail wagged with excitement, as it ran away from the two. Wooyoung's eyes widened, as Bummie began to bark loudly.

"Bummie!" Wooyoung yelled. "Come back here!"

"Omo, omo!" IU panicked. "Bummie! Comeback! Bummie~" She fell to the ground after running around in circles. "WAH!"

Before she could fall to the ground, Wooyoung quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her back onto her feet. After a few milliseconds later, IU bumped into something hard but broad. Her ear was pressed tightly against Wooyoung's chest, hugging him for her dear life. It wasn't long until IU heard something deep and rhythmic.

Dugun, dugun, dugun…

Is this…his heart? IU wondered. She deeply wanted to look up at him, wanting to see his cheeks turn as red as a cherry. However, she only saw black when she looked up. Her thoughts were interrupted when Bummie began to whimper. IU quickly got back on her feat, as Wooyoung coughed nervously.

"I, uh…um…You okay?" Wooyoung asked, glancing at IU. IU shyly nodded her head, but their attention were focused on Bummie. Wooyoung glared at Bummie. "Bummie, you caused us a lot of trouble right now. Why did you take off–"

Bummie whimpered, scratching his claws against a specific glass window. IU stared at the direction Bummie was whimpering. His whimper sounded different, unusual. It sounded like…as if he missed someone dearly. On the other hand, Wooyoung, who saw what Bummie was doing, dropped his mouth and widened his eyes.

"That dog has guts!" Wooyoung exclaimed.

"What? What's Bummie doing?" IU asked worriedly.

"He's, uh…on his hind legs, his paws on the top glass. He's whimpering, begging for that glass to open, and inside that glass is…" Wooyoung gulped nervously and gazed at IU. "A female dog."

IU's eyes widened. "He's kissing a dog?"

"More like begging to be inside that cage with the dog," Wooyoung corrected. He leaned towards IU's ears and whispered, "I think he's in love."

IU didn't know why, but she could feel her cheeks heat up. Love. That word made her heart race. 

Why am I blushing just because someone said love? IU wondered. Is it because Wooyoung oppa said that?

"The dog's a mixed breed," Wooyoung mumbled. "It's a cute doggy, too."

"How does it look like? How does it look like?" IU asked desperately.

"Er…it's yellow?"

IU frowned. "Yellow? Like banana yellow?"

"More like tan yellow," Wooyoung replied, scratching his head.

"Is there such a thing called tan yellow?" IU questioned.

"I don't think there is…" Wooyoung mumbled. He decided to move on. "Her fur is short, the color of…tan yellow. Has pointy ears, unlike Bummie, and looks like a really good guide dog, unlike Bummie. She…"

"Bummie's an excellent guide dog!" IU protested. Wooyoung ignored her and continued until his watched beeped. He stared at his clock and sighed. 

"It's getting a bit late, IU," Wooyoung informed. "Let's go home?"

Bummie instantly whimpered when he heard the word, "home." He, obviously, wanted to stay with the beautiful dog. IU bit her bottom lips and patted Bummie's rich, black fur.

"I'm sorry, Bummie-ah," IU apologized, "but we have to go home."

Bummie whimpered, refusing to go. Wooyoung leaned towards Bummie and grinned.

"Bummie, I promise that we'll come back and visit this…this…dog again," Wooyoung promised, "and I usually don't break promises. So if you come back home with us, we promise that we'll come back. Agree man?"

Bummie kept quiet, as if he was trying to absorb everything Wooyoung had said. The female dog barked once, as if it was trying to translate for Bummie. Bummie barked twice, smiling and panting. Wooyoung smiled as he grabbed Bummie's leash.

"Alright!" Wooyoung said, clapping his hands. "Let's get Bummie's food, go home, and sleep!"