I'm Safe

I Can Make You Smile

“I don’t want to stay anywhere with the likes of you,” Luhan snapped, looking at Kai with revulsion written all over his face.

 

The look on Kai’s face went from that of genuine sympathy to cold anger. “So you’re honestly going to treat me like this after I’ve saved you? You know what? Fine! I don’t care,” Kai refuted, “maybe I should have just left you there with Seung Gi!”

 

Unable to uphold his snobbish image any longer after hearing “Seung Gi”, Luhan completely retreated into himself again. He bit his lip harshly to keep himself from crying. “I… I-I…” he stuttered trying to find the words to form a clever comeback but couldn’t think of anything – his entire mind was blank.

 

Kai noticed how Luhan seemed to completely shut down after he shouted Seung Gi’s name. ‘Aish… nice going Kai,’ he thought to himself. “I d-didn’t mean to… I’m… sorry,” he apologized, feeling sincerely bad for “crossing the line” but his apology came out awkwardly as he wasn’t used to apologizing to anyone. As a matter of fact, Kai never apologized to anyone. The words he said sounded foreign to his own ears.

 

Luhan hung his head shamefully and despite biting his lip, he could no longer stop the tears from falling down his face. “No… I’m sorry,” Luhan said quietly, his voice was barely audible and cracked with emotion. His shoulders slightly heaved up and down while he cried.

 

“I shouldn’t have… I crossed the line…” Kai said regretfully and then… unexpectantly – he hugged him. Yes, Kai hugged Luhan. The tough, “bad boy” was actually showing a form of caring towards someone.

 


 

Luhan, surprisingly, found the hug to be comforting and cried on Kai’s shoulder while Kai awkwardly patted his back. Luhan released every tear on Kai’s shoulder and felt extremely tired and emotionally drained afterwards.

 

“I guess I could stay here…” he said, looking up at Kai with his eyes now tinged red from all of his crying.

 

Kai once again felt a pang at his heart from seeing the other looking so helpless and depressed. He nodded and said, “you can sleep in the guest room if you’d like.”

 

Luhan shook his head ‘no’. “The couch will be okay for me to sleep on… I’m too tired to move,” Luhan responded emotionlessly.

 

“Alright…” Kai said, raising one eyebrow, “I’ll be right back.”

 

Within two minutes, Kai returned with a blanket and pillow and he handed them to Luhan. “Here.” Luhan took the items and placed the pillow down and laid on it; then, he curled up under the blanket and squeezed his eyes shut. “Goodnight…” Kai whispered and walked to his room.

 


 

Nightmares. Damn.

 

Luhan tossed and turned violently back and forth on the couch while whimpering softly.

 

“No… no, please…” Luhan whimpered in his sleep, “s-stop…”

 

He suddenly snapped awake and looked around – nothing. He was safe but his heart felt as if it were going to beat out of his chest. Luhan tried desperately to fall back asleep but he just couldn’t manage to do so… the nightmare still lingered behind his eyelids whenever he shut his eyes.

 

‘I could just… no… I wont bother him,’ he thought anxiously while staring up at the ceiling, ‘I mean… maybe he wouldn’t mind…’

 

Luhan swallowed his ego and quietly slipped off of the couch and painfully limped to Kai’s room. He softly tapped on the door but he didn’t get a response. With more force, Luhan tapped on the door again.

 

“Mm?” Kai moaned groggily from in his room.

 

“It’s me… Luhan,” Luhan said quietly and the he heard footsteps shuffle on the other side of the door.

 

In a matter of moments, the shirtless Kai opened the door and stood before Luhan with wild hair and he rubbed his eyes, “are you alright?”

 

Luhan nodded shyly and shifted awkwardly on his feet. “I just… I couldn’t sleep,” he answered.

 

Kai ruffled his own already messy hair and motioned for Luhan to enter his room. “You can sleep here if you’d like,” said Kai, his voice was very low and husky. Something about his voice and his sleepy demeanor made Luhan extremely nervous.

 

The messy hair... The low, husky voice... Him being shirtless…

 

Luhan slightly shook his head. ‘What am I thinking?!’ he thought and slowly crawled into the bed with Kai. He tried desperately to avoid looking at Kai and laid down as far away as possible from Kai without falling off the bed.

 

Kai mumbled “goodnight” and fell back asleep in a matter of seconds and Luhan easily managed to fall asleep while sleeping alongside Kai.

 

Despite the fact that Luhan believed that Kai was a no-good “hoodlum”, he somehow felt safe around him.

 

He had actually felt safe for once.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Yay for today's update! :) I wrote this kind of in a rush at like 11 o'clock last night as I spent most of my afternoon at my friend's house.

Mianhae if it isn't that great. ^^;;

Thanks to all my subbies! ^___^