W-What?

I Can Make You Smile

“L-Luhan… wae?” Suho stammered; his eyes crossed from Luhan… then to Seung Gi… and then finally landed upon their intertwined hands. His face twisted to a look of revulsion and he was getting ready to approach the couple but Kris quickly put his hand on Suho’s chest, holding him back.

 

“Don’t get involved,” he said firmly while staring at both Luhan and Seung Gi coldly. 

 

“But Kris-,” Suho began.

 

“I said don’t get involved,” he interrupted sharply and grabbed Suho’s hand, pulling him away from the couple.

 

Luhan hung his head shamefully, trying his best not to cry in front of everyone. ‘I’m so sorry Suho… Kris…’ he thought sadly while being escorted to his locker by Seung Gi.

 

“That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Seung Gi asked, leaning against some other lockers while Luhan attempted to open his own locker.

 

Wasn’t so bad? You embarrassed me!” Luhan exclaimed, a single tear slid down his face and he wiped it away angrily.

 

“You shouldn’t be ashamed of our relationship, Sleeping Beauty,” Seung Gi said mockingly and kissed Luhan’s forehead, “now I’m going to go meet up with my friends… be good, okay?”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes and went back to trying to open his locker but couldn’t focus and failed to open it after numerous attempts. He punched his locker in frustration and rested his forehead against the locker door.

 

“You look like you could use some help,” said a familiar voice from behind him.

 

Luhan turned around to see Kris standing behind him, looking down upon him with an unreadable expression.

 

“K-Kris… I…” Luhan began.

 

“Don’t feel obligated to explain anything to me,” Kris interrupted and nudged him away from his locker, “what are your locker numbers?”

 

Luhan moved out of the way so Kris could open his locker for him. “36-12-25,” he replied, watching Kris swiftly turn the dial this and that way to put in the numbers and then he opened the locker on his first attempt.

 

“I don’t know what’s up with you and why you’re dating Seung Gi but just know that you’re about to lose two friends… maybe even three,” Kris said, implying that he’ll lose Kai as a friend, and then he walked away, leaving Luhan alone with his thoughts.

 

The tears Luhan had been holding in finally spilled from his eyes as he watched Kris walk away and disappear into the crowd of students. He quickly wiped them away and grabbed the books he needed for first period and hurriedly made his way to the classroom, which was empty. He was grateful that everyone preferred hanging out in the hallways instead of being in the classroom and he collapsed in his seat. ‘I can’t lose Kai… I-I… I only did this for him… so that he’d live. I had no other choice,’ Luhan thought and put his head down on his desk and cried.

 


 

Luhan managed to pull himself together just as students finally started to file into the classroom. He saw Suho come into the classroom and they both looked away from each other at the same time. ‘I guess he really does hate me now… just like Kris does,’ Luhan thought and sighed heavily, looking down at his desk.

 

The rest of the students, including Seung Gi and his “friends”, filed into the classroom and had a seat. “Welcome back, class!” the teacher began cheerily, “I hope we’re all ready for another great day in math!”

 

The teacher’s cheery attitude towards math earned a multitude of groans from the students and she pouted slightly. “Well then… I guess I’ll start the class by passing out your grades from your pop quizzes yesterday,” the teacher announced, “the grades are starting to look a little better but they aren’t where they should be. I’ve been telling you all time and time again that you really need to start studying.”

 

The teacher handed a stack of quizzes to another student so that they could help her pass them out. “Oh, I forgot to mention that one student in here has apparently been doing his studying,” the teacher began, “I’m so proud to announce that our Luhan made the highest grade in the class! He scored a perfect 100.”

 

She placed his graded quiz in front of him and Luhan looked at with his face a mask of disbelief. “Really… m-me?” Luhan questioned and pointed to himself.

 

“Yes, you,” the teacher confirmed with a nod, “you’ve been doing phenomenally well in this class and that is why… hold on.” The teacher quickly walked back to her desk and grabbed a stack of papers off of it, also putting them on Luhan’s desk.

 

“That is why I’m going to appoint you as Kai’s tutor while he’s in the hospital.”

 

 

 

 


Wow, 21 subscribers! Thank you all!! ^w^ I really appreciate it~! I hope you enjoy these updates! 

More cliffhangers from the evil author >:3 kyahaha~

PS: I thought I should warn you all that the next update may be kind of tough but bear with me! o_o)/