Separate Ways~

I Can Make You Smile

Luhan shook Seung Gi’s arm off his shoulders and gave Seung Gi one of the coldest glares he could muster but his face was too innocent to look threatening. “And you really expect me to love you…? Because now I hate you more than anything,” Luhan spat, shocking Seung Gi with his newfound defiance.

 

“That’s okay… you’ll be stuck with me forever anyway; you’ll learn to love me I promise,” Seung Gi said with a smirk and ruffled Luhan’s hair, “I have to go now… I’ll see you later, yeah? I love you.”

 

Seung Gi then walked over to his friends and Luhan stomped his foot in frustration. Thousands of emotions were bombarding his heart and mind – Luhan found it hard to function. His mind couldn’t properly process what had just happened… did all this even really happen? Did he really just lose Kai… the love of his life? No, Luhan couldn’t believe it. He wouldn’t believe it. He wanted to believe that everything was okay… that after school was over, he would go to the hospital and lay in Kai’s arms under the wild cherry blossom trees… but no amount of wishing would change anything. It never did.

 

He felt himself growing weak as the thoughts were too much for him to handle at the moment and he rushed to the classroom – his safe haven from the outside world (well, until the bell rung anyway). Here he could finally cry out his frustrations… here he could cleanse his soul of the hurt through millions of tears.

 


 

Suho and Kris searched the school thoroughly for Kai, but they couldn’t find him. He was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Where could he have gone?” Kris asked, looking at Suho with worry.

 

Suho was looking around with panic in his eyes similar to that of a mother who lost their child at the park, “I-I… I don’t know. Kris… eotteokhae?” Suho said with a whimper.

 

Kris pulled Suho into his arms and kissed the top of his head, “don’t worry… we’ll find him somewhere.”

 

“Wait!” Suho exclaimed and pulled himself out of Kris’s embrace, “I know where he is.” And with a look of determination, Suho grabbed Kris’s hand and dragged him to where Kai most likely was.

 


 

Kai was sitting on the rooftop by himself looking at all the happy people down below – oh how he wished to be them. How he wished that the pain in his soul would go away. How could Luhan betray him like this? Was it all just a deliberate scheme made by Luhan and Seung Gi to break his heart? If so, they had succeeded. His heart was broken into thousands of pieces and he didn’t know how he was going to put it back together.

 

Kai sighed and took out a little black box from his pocket. He opened the box and looked at the necklace he was going to give to Luhan – it was heart shaped and had a J and an L on the inside; the J stood for Jongin and L stood for Luhan. It wasn’t much but he wanted to show Luhan that he appreciated everything he did for him at the hospital. It was the least he could do. But now… now the necklace meant nothing. It was now just a painful reminder of what could’ve been and of the person that hurt him… hurt him to his very core.

 

“Yah! Jongin hyung!” Suho said walking up behind him and he put his hand on his shoulder, “what are you doing up here?”

 

“Nothing,” Kai replied simply, he really wasn’t in the mood to talk about it just yet. He didn’t feel like crying, especially not in front of Suho or Kris – he wanted to always be the strong one.

 

“It’s cold up here… let’s go back in the school,” Suho coaxed and Kai didn’t refuse. Kai got up and quietly walked back into the school with Suho.

 

“Suho…” Kai said suddenly, stopping on the stairwell.

 

“Yes?” Suho inquired, looking back at Kai.

 

“I don’t think… I’m not sure if I c-can do this…” Kai said, his voice cracking with emotion. He hated Luhan for hurting him… he hated Seung Gi… he hated himself for feeling this pathetic…

 

“Kai-ya…” Suho said with a sigh, “Kris and I will be here to help you through it. Don’t think that you have to do this alone. You were able to pull both of us out of our depression and now we will do the same for you. Trust us.”      

 

Kai bit his lip and nodded, looking as if he wanted to cry but was desperately holding it in. “It’s okay to cry Jongin… we all do. Everyone needs to cry sometimes,” Suho said soothingly and pulled Kai into an embrace. Kai, however, still refused to cry but he clung to Suho tightly, burying his head into his shoulder while Suho rubbed his back.

 

After a few moments, Kai whispered, “thank you” and let go of Suho. Suho nodded with a smile and said, “now lets go.”

 


 

Luhan was already sitting in the classroom as the students finally started to enter the classroom. He was practically shaking from being so nervous. He didn’t know what to expect when Kai walked through that door… and then he did.

 

Once again, Luhan and Kai made eye contact but Kai was the first to look away. Kai’s eyes were even colder than the time Luhan first saw him and he had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Kai aggressively pulled out his chair and plopped down in it and gazed out the window, not bothering to further acknowledge Luhan’s existence.

 

“Kai…” Luhan said, his voice barely audible.

 

“Don’t talk to me,” Kai replied quietly but with a firm tone of voice.

 

“But-,” Luhan began.

 

“I said don’t ing talk to me,” Kai whispered back harshly, “I don’t want anything to do with you anymore. I obviously never meant anything to you... Its best that we just go our separate ways…”

 

 

 

 

 

 


Omg, is this another cliffhanger for you guys? TT^TT I'm so sorry if it is! I didn't know how else to end this chapter~

Forgive me? ^w^ I love you guys~! 

Thanks for all your support! <333