Nothing Matters

I Can Make You Smile

Kai stumbled away from the window as tears fell down his face, his bottom lip quivering slightly. Kai didn’t care that it was raining nor could he remember why he was uptown at the moment – the only thing on his mind was the image of Seung Gi kissing Luhan… and he allowed it. Luhan allowed it. Kai waited and waited for Luhan to push him away… for him to slap Seung Gi… but that moment never came.

 

Kai grabbed a fist full of his own hair and screamed out his frustration – his scream, however, turned into choked sobs. His tears blurred his vision as he staggered down the street with his head hung. He didn’t know where he was going or what he was doing… the pain in his heart was too immense for him to care. No pain could ever compare to the amount of emotional pain he was in at this very moment.

 


 

Luhan was taken aback by the kiss and blinked a few times when Seung Gi pulled away. The group of guys finished their song and the restaurant went back to enjoying their own meals.

 

“W-What was-,” Luhan began.

 

“Luhan…” Seung Gi interrupted, “I’m really beginning to fall for you.”

 

Luhan choked on the water he was drinking and wiped the water off of his face with a napkin. “Y-You… what?” Luhan asked surprised, still looking at Seung Gi wide-eyed.

 

“I’m serious,” Seung Gi said and grabbed Luhan’s hand, “I… I know that… I know you don’t love me back but… but I won’t give up until you do.”

 

Luhan’s eyes grew even wider at Seung Gi’s statement. “I…” he began.

 

“You don’t have to say anything,” Seung Gi interrupted Luhan once again and looked away, “I know it sounds crazy but… I need you in my life. I don’t want to give up on us…”

 

Luhan let out a small sigh and went back to eating his dessert. He ate a forkful of cake and looked up to see Seung Gi staring at him with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

 

“Mianhae… I think I just ruined our date,” Seung Gi said with a small, sad laugh and went back to eating his dessert too.

 

Luhan cleared his throat and he actually found himself feeling bad for Seung Gi – something he thought would never happen… not in a million years. “N-No… I’m… I’m having a great time,” Luhan said and tried to assure Seung Gi with a small smile.

 

“Thanks Luhan… for everything,” Seung Gi said and returned the small smile.

 


 

Suho and Kris left their restaurant that was a few blocks up the street from where Seung Gi and Luhan were. They parted ways with a kiss after their date and Suho got into his own car while Kris got into his.

 

Suho reached around in his pockets and realized that he didn’t have his phone. ‘… I must’ve left it at Kai’s house this morning,’ Suho thought and then shrugged his shoulders, ‘I’ll just stop by and get it.’

 

Suho started up his car and began driving down the street. ‘Man this rain really is coming down hard…’ Suho thought while leaning close to the windshield so that he could see better. He then saw the silhouette of a man walking down the street in a drunk-like manner. ‘Is that someone walking down the street?’ Suho thought and as he got closer, he realized that it was.

 

The man collapsed on the sidewalk and Suho, now worried for the man’s safety, pulled up beside him and got out of the car. “Are you-,” Suho began but the words caught in his throat. The man was Kai.

 

“Kai-ya! Are you alright?” Suho said while cradling Kai in his arms.

 

“Don’t…” Kai mumbled and turned his face away from Suho.

 

“!” Suho said under his breath before picking Kai up and placed him in the passenger’s seat.

 

Suho turned up the heat in the car and began driving to his house. “What were you thinking walking in the rain without an umbrella or a coat?!” Suho exclaimed worriedly and glanced at Kai a few times, “you could get sick!”

 

Kai didn’t respond – he didn’t want to. He just sat in his seat trying to suppress his violent shivering and stop his teeth from chattering.

 

“Aish Kai! Talk to me damnit!” Suho yelled and hit the steering wheel with the palm of his hand.

 

“Leave me alone…” Kai muttered and looked out the window.

 

“Fine, don’t talk. I will find out later though,” Suho said sternly in his motherly tone of voice.

 

Kai rested his head against the window and closed his eyes. The image of Seung Gi kissing Luhan still haunted him and he let a few more tears quietly slide down his face. ‘When will the pain stop?’ Kai asked himself over and over again. He didn’t know how much more pain he could take. He didn’t know if he could take anymore…

 

 

 

 


Sorry for a relatively short chapter ;-; I had a very busy weekend! I cried while writing this. Is that weird? D;

I hope I didn't keep you all waiting too long ^^;; Please enjoy and leave comments! I love reading them <3

 

And guess what? :D I got accepted into the college of my dreams on Saturday! ^w^ <3 So happy!