Happiness

I Can Make You Smile

Luhan walked up to Kai’s hospital room door and heard shouts coming from inside. Nosily, he pressed his ear against the door so that he could better hear what was being said inside the room.

 

“I’m tired of getting a million shots a day!” Kai shouted, “you treat like I’m some damn lab rat! I said my arm hurts too much for another shot.”

 

“B-But sir…!” the nurse began.

 

“But nothing!” Kai retorted, giving her one of the coldest glares he could muster, “get out.”

 

The nurse stood frozen in her place, staring at Kai with disbelief. She had never had such a defiant patient before and with such an icy glare as well.

 

“Didn’t I just say get out?” Kai asked rhetorically, his tone of voice now sounded bored yet still very threatening.

 

“N-Ne…” the nurse muttered and quickly rushed out of the room, bumping into Luhan, “excuse me, sorry.” The nurse bowed to Luhan slightly and walked around him with her head hung.

 

Kai looked up and saw Luhan standing in the doorway and his entire face lit up. “Luhan! What are you doing here?” Kai asked, looking genuinely happy to see him.

 

“The teacher assigned me as your tutor while you’re stuck here,” Luhan replied with a small smile and took a seat beside his bed.

 

Kai threw his head back and groaned, “I was hoping that she forgot about me. What is it I have to learn?”

 

Luhan took the stack of papers the teacher had given him earlier out of his backpack and Kai’s eyes widened. “That’s too much work for the one week that I’m going to be in here,” Kai complained, “and I don’t feel like doing any of it right now. Can’t we do something else?”

 

“Something else?” Luhan asked, looking at Kai curiously.

 

Kai’s lips slowly formed into a mischievous smirk and he, as quickly as he could without hurting himself, got out of his bed and grabbed Luhan’s hand.

 

“I want to show you something,” Kai said with a smile and dragged Luhan out of the hospital room.

 

“Yah! Where are we going?” Luhan asked while being hauled around by Kai.

 

“You’ll see,” was the last thing Kai said.

 


 

Kai dragged Luhan to a huge, beautiful garden area in the hospital that mainly had picturesque wild cherry blossom trees but also had other beautiful plants. Flowers of all shades and hues danced together in the wind that filtered in from the open skylight and the light scent of flowers lingered in the air.

 

Luhan inhaled deeply, filling his lungs with the intoxicating scent of the flowers and smiled brightly – he didn’t notice that Kai was completely ignoring the scenic landscape; he only had his eyes on Luhan.

 

“It’s beautiful,” Luhan finally said after a few moments of awe-struck silence.

 

“I can think of something that looks better,” Kai replied while looking at Luhan, causing Luhan to blush deeply and he hung his head to try and hide it. Kai, noticing him blushing, smiled to himself and grabbed his hand again.

 

“Do you want ice-cream?” Kai asked with a smile and Luhan nodded ‘yes’ in response to his question.

 

Kai then led him over to an ice-cream booth and he ordered two vanilla ice-cream cones – one for him and one for Luhan.

 

“I managed to mooch some money from Suho-ya the other day,” Kai said with an accomplished smirk on his face while walking around the garden hand-in-hand with the slightly blushing Luhan.

 

Two small children that were playing in the garden shyly walked up to the couple and were looking at their ice-cream. “Would you like some ice-cream too?” Kai asked, smiling in fatherly manner at the children and they both nodded ‘yes’ eagerly. Kai then reached into his pocket and pulled out the rest of his money and handed it to one of the small children.

 

Each child hugged one of Kai’s legs and shouted “thank you, mister” several times before running over to the ice-cream booth to order their own ice-cream.

 

“That was nice of you,” Luhan said, looking at Kai.

 

“Aren’t I always?” Kai asked while trying his best not to laugh.

 

Luhan, on the other hand, immediately burst into laughter and Kai couldn’t help but laugh along with him.

 

“Yah! What are you trying to say? I’m not nice?” Kai questioned, faking a look of surprise, which caused Luhan to laugh even more.

 

“Well…” Luhan began and shrugged his shoulders while taking the last bite of his ice-cream cone.

 

“That’s it! Come here,” Kai said and wrapped his arms around Luhan but Luhan wiggled out of his grasp and ran away from him, giggling cutely.

 

“Get back here! Yah!” Kai called after him and then he, realizing that he couldn’t run after him because of the surgery, decided to pretend that he was hurt. Kai quickly finished eating his ice-cream cone and then he clutched his stomach and made his face a mask of pure agony then groaned loudly, catching Luhan’s attention.

 

Luhan, seeing that Kai appeared to be hurt, ran back over to him and looked worried. “Are you okay?! Do I-,” Luhan began but before he could finish his question, Kai grabbed him and tackled him to the ground, landing on top of him.

 

Kai gazed into Luhan’s twinkling, deer-like eyes and Luhan looked back into Kai’s now soft brown eyes. Luhan, blushing again, turned his head away but Kai gently turned it back so that he was looking at him again. Kai’s eyes began to slowly close as he leaned forward towards Luhan’s face and he planted a slow, gentle kiss upon Luhan’s lips.

 

 

 

 


Their first kiss ;3; *sniffle sniffle* Yay for fluff! <3 Please enjoy and leave comments! ^w^ Upvotes are great too! keke~

Thanks to all my new subscribers - you all are great! <3 ^__^