I Will Find Out

I Can Make You Smile

Luhan took a deep breath before walking out of the house. ‘Remember… act as if nothing happened,’ Luhan reminded himself and attempted to wear his usual neutral face as he walked towards Seung Gi.

 

Seung Gi was standing outside his car today and he held his arms out to Luhan as if inviting him into an embrace, to which Luhan obeyed. He walked into his embrace and Seung Gi held him close, his back in an almost sinister way – it made the hairs on the back of Luhan’s neck stand up.

 

“Luhan…” Seung Gi whispered in his ear and tangled his fingers in Luhan’s hair.

 

Luhan's heart leapt in his chest and he mentally prepared himself for the worst. “N-Ne?” he stammered.

 

“I called you thirty times last night you know,” Seung Gi stated calmly but his voice was laced with malice.

 

“I-I’m sorry… I didn’t know,” Luhan said and attempted to get out of Seung Gi’s embrace but he held him even tighter.

 

Seung Gi grabbed a fistful of Luhan’s hair and pulled it back harshly, causing Luhan to gasp from the pain. “Thirty ing times Luhan! I called you thirty times! What were you doing, hm?” Seung Gi yelled in Luhan’s face.

 

“I fell asleep!” Luhan exclaimed, lying with complete ease.

 

“You’re lying,” Seung Gi said accusingly and pulled his hair harder, making Luhan yelp.

 

“I’m not! I s-swear!” Luhan yelled and Seung Gi let go of his hair.

 

“If I find out you lied to me Luhan… I won’t be so forgiving,” Seung Gi said then pushed Luhan away, “now get in the car.”

 

Luhan rubbed his aching head and got into the car, slamming the car door behind himself. Seung Gi got in the car angrily as well and jammed the car keys in the ignition before starting the drive to school.

 


 

Seung Gi harshly grabbed Luhan’s hand as they walked into the school. He walked Luhan to his locker and then leaned against some lockers, watching Luhan open his.

 

“I don’t like hurting you… you know that right?” Seung Gi asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

Luhan simply nodded, still angry with him for pulling his hair – now his entire head was painfully throbbing.

 

“Do you know why I have to hurt you?” Seung Gi asked and when Luhan refused to respond, his face turned red from anger.

 

“I asked you a question!” Seung Gi snapped and grabbed the collar of Luhan’s shirt.

 

A few students slowed down as they were walking past to see if a fight was going to take place. Three particular students, however, stood in angry silence watching the scene unfold and they couldn’t interfere – no matter how badly they wanted to.

 

“I don’t know,” Luhan said bitterly.

 

“Because you never ing listen to me. I don’t ask much of you so why can’t you obey?” he asked sternly, a sadistic twinkle glimmered in his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry,” Luhan murmured half-heartedly.

 

“Just… do as you’re told next time, m’kay? I have to go now,” Seung Gi said then kissed Luhan’s forehead before going over to his friends.

 

Just do as you’re told next time,” Luhan mimicked bitterly before slamming his locker door.

 


 

Seung Gi greeted all his friends with either a handshake or a slight bow. “What are you guys up to?” he asked them though he didn’t really care – he just needed one of them for something.

 

“Well we were talking about-,” one guy began.

 

“Yeah yeah… that’s great,” Seung Gi interrupted then clapped his hands together, “look… I have a favor to ask one of you. Who will do it?”

 

A guy with fiery red hair and pitch black eyes slowly raised his hand. “ I’ll do it,” he said softly. He then pushed his way to the front of the group and Seung Gi nodded showing his approval.

 

“Perfect. I’ve heard that you’re the best when it comes to spying anyway, right?” Seung Gi asked to confirm the rumors he has heard.

 

The guy shrugged his shoulders while looking at Seung Gi with a bored expression. “I’ve been told so I guess,” he replied.

 

“Well I have a little mission for you then Ace,” Seung Gi said, “ I need you to spy on someone for me.”

 

“I don’t work for free,” Ace responded sharply.

 

“I’ll pay you for each piece of evidence you get me… How’s that?” Seung Gi bargained.

 

Ace shrugged again, still wearing that same bored expression. “That’s fine with me,” he said, “who is it?”

 

“The guy I’m always with… Luhan. I need you to spy on him,” Seung Gi said, “I need you to take note of everything he does and everyone he talks to.”

 

“Consider it done,” Ace said then walked away.

 

‘I told you I’d find out if you’re lying to me Luhan… one way or another.’