Busted!

I Can Make You Smile

It was 8 o’clock once again and Luhan paced back and forth eagerly in his room while awaiting Kai’s arrival. ‘Finally! I get to see him again!’ he thought happily. He hated having to constantly act cold towards Kai but at least it was finally just acting now. How he wished that Kai had found out sooner – he barely survived a week without him. Without Kai, he would never be complete… and he knew that now. He knew it all too well.

 

Knock knock.

 

Luhan’s heart did a flip of joy and he rushed to the window to open it for Kai. Kai flashed him one of his incredibly charming smiles and climbed in his room through the window. He shivered a bit and Luhan wrapped his arms around him to warm him up. “Is that better?” Luhan asked with a smile.

 

“Much better,” Kai replied with a smile and pecked his lips.

 

Luhan giggled a little bit. “I feel like such a rebel having to sneak around with you,” he joked.

 

“Yeah, because you’re such a rebel,” Kai replied sarcastically while laughing.

 

“Hey, I can be pretty bad,” Luhan defended and winked playfully.

 

“Oh trust me… I know,” Kai smirked and ran his fingers through Luhan’s hair and he noticed how Luhan flinched as if it pained him.

 

“What’s wrong?” Kai asked, his eyes searching Luhan’s face with worry.

 

“My… my head just hurts,” Luhan lied with a half-smile.

 

Kai’s face showed that he obviously didn’t believe anything Luhan was saying. “Really? I guess you wouldn’t mind if I took a look then…?” he asked.

 

Luhan’s eyes widened a bit. “N-No! I mean… it’s just a headache. It’s nothing,” he explained and gulped a bit, becoming nervous with Kai’s persistence.

 

“If it’s nothing then why hide it?” Kai asked suspiciously, “let me see.”

 

“J-Just stop, okay?!” Luhan exclaimed, becoming slightly teary eyed and he turned away from him.

 

“He hurt you… didn’t he?” Kai asked but his tone of voice sounded as if he already knew it.

 

Luhan didn’t bother to respond and the silence was enough confirmation for Kai. “I’m going to kill him!” Kai spat and turned to climb back out the window. He felt as if his blood was practically boiling in his veins – he wanted nothing more than to seek his revenge on Seung Gi. He wanted revenge so bad he could literally taste it… and it tasted sweet.

 

“Ani!” Luhan called and grabbed Kai’s wrist, “I’m fine now… that’s all that matters.”

 

“Yeah but for how long, huh? Just one thing… one thing could make him snap and really hurt you. Did you ever think of that?” Kai ranted, “I’m not going to sit back anymore while he continues to put his hands on you! I can see that he’s abusive… I saw the way he handled you this morning at your locker.”

 

“Y-You saw-,” Luhan began.

 

“Yes, I saw it,” Kai interrupted, “Luhan… I can’t do this anymore. I can’t pretend to hate you and remain indifferent while he hurts you. I won’t do this anymore…”

 

“We have no other choice Kai! Don’t you see? It’s hopeless,” Luhan shrieked and sunk down onto his bed, “It’s hopeless…”

 

Kai sighed heavily and sat down beside Luhan. “I don’t know what to do,” he said softly, “I can’t see you hurt anymore.”

 

“I’ll be okay, I promise. It’s just until we think of a way out of it,” Luhan said, looking at the now depressed Kai.

 

“I know… I know…” Kai said barely audible, “I just hate this… I hate him.”

 

Luhan nodded in agreement and snuggled closer to Kai. “Let’s not talk about this anymore… I just want to talk about us,” he said with a slight pout, “hold me?”

 

A small smile formed at the corner of Kai’s mouth as he pulled Luhan into his arms and cuddled with him. “I’m sorry,” he said and kissed the top of Luhan’s head gently, “it’s just us for now on.”

 


 

If only they had known that they weren’t exactly alone at the moment. Outside, Ace was secretly taking pictures of the couple’s interactions. He smirked at his accomplishment as he put his camera away – he knew he was about to get paid big time for this. ‘Sorry to ruin your little love affair but… money comes first for me,’ Ace thought as he began walking down the street towards where he parked his car.