Reality Check

I Can Make You Smile

Kai smiled into the kiss and deepened it while Luhan returned it passionately, tangling his fingers in Kai’s hair. The kiss was not only passionate, it was beautiful and meaningful – Luhan could truly feel the love in the kiss. It felt as if time came to a halt at that very moment; that time belonged to them and only them. At this point, no one else mattered to either of them… the only thing that mattered was each other.

 

Just as Kai was reluctantly pulling back from the kiss to catch his breath, a cherry blossom drifted down and landed gently on Luhan’s hair, causing Kai to smile thinking that Luhan looked really cute with it in his hair.

 

Luhan was blushing even more now from the kiss and from the way that Kai was looking at him. The two searched each other’s eyes for a few moments and Luhan smiled, causing Kai to smile back. Kai then got off of Luhan to lie down beside him and snuggled close to him.

 

They both relaxed on the grass watching flowers gently drift down from the trees to the welcoming grass below and several young children ran about, filling the air with their youthful, adorable laughter. Luhan couldn’t imagine a more perfect moment than the moment he was living at this very second.

 

He was finally happy.

 

“I think the tutoring can wait to start until tomorrow, don’t you think?” Kai asked and wrapped his arm around him, holding Luhan close to him.

 

Luhan smiled and nodded his head in agreement before laying his head on Kai’s chest.

 


 

The rest of the week went by in a flash it seemed like. Seung Gi, however, became even more aggressive towards Luhan during this week. With each passing day it appeared as if his jealously of Kai made him grow more even delusional – though he never openly admitted that he was jealous, it was extremely obvious that he was.

 

Seung Gi never slapped him again though; he now resorted to lesser means of violence such as occasionally pushing Luhan against a wall to throwing all of his belongings on the ground. Abuse was still abuse, however, and Luhan was at his wits end. Day by day it kept getting harder to be with Seung Gi and to stay strong through it all. He now found himself only looking forward to the end of each day.

 

The end of the day meant that he was finally able to go see Kai at the hospital. Seeing Kai was almost like his way of escaping this harsh reality. The two had grown much closer during the week and Luhan felt that he finally had someone he could confide in – someone who actually truly cared about him. And it made him happy. Very happy.

 

Suho and Kris acted indifferently towards Luhan these days; they didn’t appear to be angered anymore nor upset – it seemed as if they just didn’t care. Luhan actually missed having them two to talk to and he felt rather lonely without them… the only person that he was allowed to be around at school was Seung Gi – and boy was he tired of Seung Gi. What bothered Luhan about everything though was why neither Suho nor Kris told Kai about his “relationship” with Seung Gi. At the thought of Kai finding out, his heart began to beat increasingly fast and he began to feel dizzy. Luhan knew it was inevitable though – Kai would have to find out about it sooner or later.

 


 

It was now Sunday night and Luhan laid in his bed thinking about everything; and tomorrow was the day that Kai would return to school – Luhan was more scared than he had ever been in his entire life. He couldn’t bear to lose Kai but he knew if he didn’t abide by the contract, he would endanger the lives of those closest to him. He was torn.

 

Luhan wanted nothing more than to return to his first day of tutoring Kai at the hospital… the kiss… the wild cherry blossoms… everything was so perfect. No, everything was beyond perfect. This moment is what taught Luhan what true happiness was – it wasn’t about who has the most expensive clothes or who drives the most luxurious cars… it was spending time with someone you love and knowing that they love you back.

 

Luhan would close his eyes and was able to visualize every single detail from that very moment, but unfortunately when he opened his eyes, it’s as if reality would slap him in his face. He wanted desperately to relive that moment over and over again but no amount of wishing could ever bring it back – he had to face reality at some point. And reality waited for no one.

 

 

 


Okay my KrisHo shippers! This next update is for you <3