A Present

I Can Make You Smile

It was now Monday morning and Kris stood leaning against his locker with his arms folded across his chest while coldly observing Suho flirt with another girl – as usual. Much unlike himself, Suho had always been very popular with the ladies ever since Kris could remember and he hated it. He hated it more than anything.

 

Kris had a crush on Suho ever since they were in middle school. He moved from China to Canada and now he found himself being dragged to Korea by his parents – this is why he had trouble making and keeping friends. He was always moving around from school to school, so he eventually became too scared to get close to anyone for fear of having to leave them behind when he moved. After being hurt time and time again, Kris decided to further distance himself from other people and this attitude is what gave him the title of the “cold-city guy” – because he had this cold, chic aura that practically radiated from him.

 

This “cold-city guy” persona is what kept him from admitting his true feelings to Suho.

 


 

Kris met both Kai and Suho a few days after he enrolled in middle school. The first few days were really tough for him and since he was Chinese, the other kids would often pick on him and would shout numerous racial slurs at him – but not Suho and Kai.

 

One day on the playground a group of kids had gathered around Kris and taunted him relentlessly and Kris, as usual, stood there defending himself all alone. Kris always had to defend himself because he knew that no one else would. No one else ever did. But then… he felt a hand gently touch his shoulder. Surprised, Kris turned to see that it was another boy and the boy was looking up at him with a supportive smile, his eyes forming into perfect crescent moons.

 

“Yah Suho! What are doing with… him?” asked a boy, making a face of disgust while looking at Kris.

 

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m protecting my new friend. Anybody got a problem with that?” Suho asked, sending a glare to everyone who was surrounding Kris.

 

“Y-Your friend?” asked a girl, also looking upon Kris with disgust, “but why him? He’s so…”

 

“He’s so what?” interrupted Suho, the malice in his voice was evident and the girl backed out of the circle with a look of fear on her face.

 

“Does anyone else have anything to say?” Suho asked threateningly and the children that were forming the circle vigorously shook their head ‘no’.

 

“Good,” he stated firmly and grabbed Kris’s hand, leading him out of the circle and over to Kai.

 


 

Kris remembered that moment vividly as it was the beginning of his beautiful friendship with Suho and then Kai – but especially Suho. Since the incident on the playground, Suho and Kris have been inseparable.

 

Kris, now unable to continue watching Suho flirt with the girl, opened his locker and looked at the present he had for Suho – it was wrapped in red wrapping paper with a white bow on it and had “To Suho” written on a sticker on the front. He kept it hidden in his locker in case he ever built up the courage to give it to him but… he never did. He couldn’t possibly believe that someone as amazing as Suho would ever be interested in someone like him…

 

The present was his very own drawing of Suho and on the back he drew a beautiful heart with “Be mine?” written in the center. It had truly been Kris’s best drawing yet but he was extremely nervous that Suho wouldn’t like it – and that was rare. Kris was usually very confident in his drawing abilities… but not with this particular drawing. He felt as if it would never be good enough.

 

Suho finished flirting with the girl and walked up behind Kris, seeing that he had a wrapped present in his locker. “Who’s that for?” he asked, peering into his locker and noticed the “To Suho” sticker on the front, “is it for me?”

 

“N-No,” Kris said, desperately trying to maintain his cool image, and quickly closed his locker and put his back to the locker door, “it’s nothing.”

 

“No, I definitely saw it,” Suho teased, putting on that beautiful smile of his again and Kris felt his own heart melt at the sight, “let me see it!” Suho poked Kris’s chest a few times and pouted cutely – he knew that Kris couldn’t resist his aegyo.

 

Kris couldn’t refuse Suho anything when he was being this cute. He then sighed heavily and opened his locker, taking out the present and he slowly handed it to Suho.

 

Kris’s eyes never left Suho as he watched him unwrap the present painstakingly slow and then he took the drawing out of the wrapping paper…

 

 

 


Ohoho~ what will happen next? ;3 keke~ Thank you all for reading and subscribing!

A heart (well almost heart xD) to you all from KrisHo <3