Pretty Boy

I Can Make You Smile

'You’ll never survive here. Tch! What does he know?' Luhan thought to himself at lunch. He had picked a table as far away as possible from the rest of the students. ‘I don’t understand how anyone could survive in this hell hole of a school anyway,’ he thought bitterly, biting down savagely into his sandwich, ‘now look at me… eating this slop they call food.’

 

Numerous harsh, critical thoughts flashed through his mind, causing him to not even notice that someone had sat down beside him.

 

“Yah! New kid,” said the stranger.

 

Luhan turned to see that it was the flirty-looking guy. “Oh… hi,” Luhan said quietly, too timid to say anything else.

 

“Yah… don’t be like that,” the guy said and smiled, showing off his nice eye smile, “I’m Suho.”

 

“Luhan,” Luhan simply responded.

 

“I know,” he said, that flirtatious sparkle in his eyes shone faintly, “I just wanted to apologize for the class earlier… they’re just a bunch of idiots.”

 

Luhan just shook his head, “ani… it’s okay.”

 

Suho shrugged his shoulders slightly and stood up, “then I guess I’ll catch you later then… Luhan.” He winked and walked back to his table with Kai and the tall guy.

 

Luhan was kind of surprised by Suho’s wink but dismissed it and went back to eating his lunch.

 


 

It was now the end of the school day and Luhan sighed knowing he couldn’t go home just yet. His mother had texted him during his forth period class to let him know that he needed to drop by the store to pick up some groceries on his way back home, so that he would have some easy foods to cook while they were out of town. ‘It’s not even safe at this time of day to go anywhere,’ he thought despite the fact that the sun had only just begun to set.

 

The store was about 8 blocks from the school, making that a total of 14 blocks he had to walk to get home. “Ugh!” Luhan scoffed as he began walking to the store.

 

He had finally reached the store about 45 minutes later. He quickly purchased the necessary groceries and began his long trek home. The problem now was that it was dark outside – very dark. ‘It got dark so quickly…’ he thought nervously. Luhan clung to his groceries and walked quickly, not even taking the opportunity to stop and catch his breath.

 


 

“Yah! Yah! Look fellas, its pretty boy again!” shouted a familiar voice from out of the darkness. ‘Oh no,’ thought Luhan and he walked faster. “Where do you think you’re going, hm?” asked the blonde guy. His gang shouted various grotesque, suggestive slurs from behind him.

 

“Get him!” shouted the blonde guy and his gang immediately ran after Luhan. Alarmed, Luhan dropped his groceries and ran full speed ahead but the gang was too fast – they quickly caught up to him and tackled him to the ground.

 

“I don’t like it when my women run away from me,” teased the blonde guy and he leaned in close to Luhan’s face in a seductive manner.

 

“Yah, Seung Gi, remember the wig?” asked one of the gang members in a taunting manner.

 

“Ah right, pin him down while I put it on him!” Seung Gi demanded. Luhan struggled to get out of their grasps but there was too many of them.

 

“S-stop! Let me g-go!” shouted Luhan as Seung Gi roughly put the wig on his head.

 

“There... much better. Now you really look like a girl,” mocked Seung Gi and the gang burst into laughter.

 

Suddenly, the sound of a motorcycle drew nearer but no one paid attention. They were too busy taunting and hurting Luhan while he continuously called for help but his frequent cries were to no avail. The foreign hands caressing him. Dirty slurs whispered into his ears. Seung Gi sitting on top of him, grinding slightly. And not a single soul came to his rescue. A lone tear fell from his eye and he hoped to God that none of them noticed. He had hated feeling so weak… so insecure… so…inferior.

 

The motorcycle drew closer and closer until the headlights shone upon the group of rebels. “W-what the…? Who is that?” asked Seung Gi. The gang, including Seung Gi, shielded their eyes from the blinding headlight of the motorcycle, while Luhan just remained in a fetal position on the ground sniffling softly.

 

“I’m going to become your worst nightmare if you don’t step away from him,” said a voice.