Friends

Eternal

"Who wants to go next?" Sooyoung asked.

"I'll go."Jessica stood up.

She began to sing with a flawless voice.

My love saranghaeyo saranghaeyo
Geudae deulgoitnayo
My love itjimarayo
Jiujimarayo uriye sarangeul

The entire class burst into plaudits, as Jessica smiled and took her seat.

"Excellent,Miss.Jung. One more person...a male preferably." Immediately, Taemin raised his hand wanting to show his singing skills and impress Naeun.

Unfortunately, Kikwang had already raised his hand and the teacher had chosen him.

Kikwang instigated with confidence and made the class filled with energy after concluding.

Naneun jichyeoga na honjaseoman kkumeul kkugo innabwa
Sege heundeureo nareul kkaewojugenni kkaewojugenni im trapped im trapped
Nan nareul irheoga neo eobsin naui ireum jocha gieogi an na
Ijen ne aneseo nareul nohajugenni nohajugenni im trapped im trapped
Im trapped oh~ im trapped oh~

He had a very positive response from the audience, especially the females in the class. Even Naeun was awed by his voice. Taemin stared in jealousy as Naeun complimented Kikwang on his singing.

I'm going to sing even better, Naeun. You wait and see! Taemin thought.

"Great job Kikwang! Now, for today we are starting out simple. We are going to practice our scales. All of you should know the scales because if you didn't know, then you wouldn't be in this school. Anyways, take out a sheet of paper and start copying the scales. The notes we are taking will be the foundation for this class and you will need them for the rest of the year to refer back to." Sooyoung informed the class.

The day flew by quickly and soon Jessica, Naeun, and Onew were standing together waiting for Taemin to arrive. Well, only Onew was waiting for Taemin.

"He should be here pretty soon. Aiish. He has too many fans nowadays." Onew sighed, frustrated.

Why wouldn't Taemin have many fans? He's Lee Taemin.Naeun thought. 

"Annyeong Onew hyung." Taemin grinned. "Hyung! Stop ignoring me! I'm sorry I'm late!" Onew, however, was busy playing with Jessica.

"Onew-ah....stop..it...you're tickling......me!!!"Jessica giggled. Taemin rolled his eyes and was about to yell again when he spotted a pretty girl staring awkwardly at the ground, her hands tightly wrapped around her bag.

"Annyeong haseyo, Naeun-ssi." Taemin smiled, his heart fluttering.

He noticed me!Naeun smiled shyly and greeted Taemin.

"You sang really well in Vocals class." Taemin said.

"Thank you. When will I hear you sing?" Naeun asked. Suddenly, she regretted saying that. Who was she to say that? Now, she just seemed weird.

"Soon!" Taemin said.

"Taemin-ah, lets go?"Onew said.

"Sure. Annyeong Naeun-ssi!" Taemin waved goodbye and Naeun waved back. She stood there watching Taemin walking next to Onew.

"Come on." Jessica urged and the two went on to Naeun's house. Jessica lived 5 houses away from Naeun, so they always walked home together.

"What did you think of our vocals teacher?" Naeun asked.

"Oh. Sooyoung-ssi? She's nice, I guess. Tiffany unnie is friends with her."

"I like her. She seems as if she'll help me a lot in improving my vocal abilities." Naeun hoped.

"Naeun-ah, you're already an amazing singer! What more improvements do you need?" Jessica exclaimed as they took a right turn.

"A lot, unnie. You don't understand. You're too good."

"Ani. We're both awesome. Lets make a duo together and call it NaSica." Naeun laughed uncontrollably.

"NaSica?!?!?! That's such a funny name!" Jessica glared at her and then chuckled.

"Anyways, bye unnie." Naeun said, walking up to her door.

"Bye!" Jessica called running home.

"Naeun-ssi!" A male voice called out to her, just as she closed the door. Naeun quickly opened the door to see who said her name. Lee Taemin. He was standing at the house next to hers.

"Taemin-ssi, what are you doing here?" Naeun wondered. Taemin never lived here in the past.

"My noona lives here and my parents had to leave Korea for a month or maybe more, so I'm staying here. Noona told me about you living here." Taemin answered, walking closer to the fence that separated the two houses. Naeun did the same and continued speaking.

"Jinjja? Sunny unnie is your noona? I never knew she had a dongsaeng."

Taemin laughed and said, "Well, now you do. Anyways, lets become friends, then?"

Pabo Lee Taemin! Why are you rushing your friendship? Taemin scolded himself.

"Umm....sure. I have to go,now. Unnie's waiting for me! Annyeong, Taemin-ssi." Naeun left.

Taemin smiled. Was this really happening? Was Son Naeun actually accepting Taemin's friend request?

Meanwhile, Naeun could not believe it either. Lee Taemin actually wanted to be friends with her. HER, Son Naeun, a nobody who spent her time reading books and playing the piano.

"How was school?" Naeun's older sister Eunji asked.

"Great. Unnie, do you know Sooyoung-ssi from school? She's in her fourth year right now." Naeun asked. Eunji had already graduated from the school last year, but she was familiar with the younger students in the school, as she was a very popular girl.

"Sooyoung, you mean Choi Sooyoung?" Eunji confirmed.

"I think so."

"Why are you asking about Sooyoung?"

"She's my vocals teacher. She skipped her final year of vocals and is teaching us instead."

"Wow. Good for her. Tell her I'm proud."

"Ne." Naeun nodded and went to her room. She sat down on her bed and thought to herself. One day, Taemin would recognize her as more than a friend. But when?

Author's Note:

Wow, they're friends already! Thank you for subscribing to my recent subscribers! I appreciate it! :)

Please keep subscribing!