Bali Part 1

Eternal

Naeun eagerly grabbed her suitcase, wishing her father and sister farewell at the airport. Her fellow classmates were getting ready to board the plane and were saying their goodbyes to their family members,

"Annyeong, appa. Unnie, don't waste your time watching dramas. Remember to keep practicing your lines." Naeun reminded. 

"Ne, umma. Anyways, get me souvenirs!" Eunji kidded, hugging her baby sister good-bye.

"Naeun, please be careful. I'm sure you'll have a good time." Naeun's father patted her on the shoulder.

Naeun nodded to both and headed to the gate. 

"Naeun-ssi!" Luna called from behind. Naeun stepped out of the line waiting to board and waited for Luna. 

"Annyeong. Let's board. I don't want to have to wait in such a long line." Naeun suggested. Luna nodded breathlessly and followed Naeun's lead to the line. 

"I can't wait to reach Bali. Ki Kwang told me about the pretty beach there." Naeun said.

"Ne. Bali's going to be so much fun! I heard Singer Younha will be there to perform at the music festival." Luna stated.

"Jinjja? I love her voice! Omo, I can't wait to go to see the music festival, then!" Naeun rejoiced.

"Someone's excited now. Before you seemed dull and forlorn. I'm glad to see you're showing your excitement!" Luna giggled.

"Excuse me, miss. Can I have your boarding pass?" The flight attendant asked Luna. Luna immediately recovered from her laughter and handed her boarding pass to the flight attendant. 

Naeun stepped to the side and waited for Luna. She coughed twice, loudly enough for Luna to hear her.

" Are you alright?" Naeun nodded, her face turning red. "Okay, let's go! Where's your seat?" Luna asked, as the two walked through the narrow pathway leading to the airplane.

"Uh, 3B." Naeun responded. "What's your's?"

"Aigoo...I'm 10A. We're so far away." Luna cried.

"That's alright. We'll spend time at Bali together. So, seats shouldn't matter." Naeun empathized.

The girls walked into the plane and began to search for their seats. Naeun found hers at once, as it was located in the front of the plane. She said goodbye to Luna and placed her luggage above the seat. 

Just as Naeun was about to take her seat, a masculine voice asked, "Excuse me, can I go in first?"

Naeun looked up, fearing who it could be.

"Oh, Ki Kwang-ssi. It's you. Sure, I'll just come out." Naeun smiled at him, relieved.

"I didn't know it was you. I didn't know you were this beautiful from the back." Ki Kwang complimented.

Naeun coughed and thanked him.

"So, I see that you decided to go to Bali." Ki Kwang delivered. 

"Ne. I would be crazy not to. Did you know that Singer Younha is coming?" Naeun proclaimed.

"Wow, that's cool. I don't really listen to her songs. I heard Lyn is coming too." 

"That's amazing! Two of my favorite singers are going to be attending this music festival! This is so exciting!" Naeun gushed. 

Ki Kwang chuckled at her fangirling and nodded in agreement. 

The two began to discuss their favorite singers, while someone else looked on with envy of Ki Kwang.

~~~

 

Taemin watched Naeun's beautiful smile and her fingers playing with her straight black hair. He sighed and leaned against the seat. Onew turned to look at Taemin.

If only I received seat 3A instead of that bombastic Ki Kwang. Taemin glared at Ki Kwang and turned to face his seatmate, Onew instead.

"Hyung, I have a question. Don't you despise Lee Ki Kwang?" Taemin whispered.

"Yah, I don't even know who that is." Onew grumbled sleepily.

"Aiish. Its that guy sitting next to Naeun." Taemin pointed.

"Taemin-ah, its not polite to point at people." Onew scolded.

Taemin rolled his eyes and asked, "Well, doesn't he look hateful?"

"Taemin, he looks very kind to me. He has a nice smile too." Onew grinned, seeing Taemin's furious face.

"Aigoo...Someone's a little jealous." Onew nudged Taemin playfully.

"Aniyo. I have a girlfriend, you know." Taemin scoffed.

"That you don't like." Onew whispered to prevent Jessica or Krystal, who were in seats 8A and 8B from hearing.

"Aiish. Whatever." Taemin closed his eyes, resting.

~~~~

Meanwhile, Krystal carefully wrapped her present to Taemin and showed it to the cranky Jessica who had just woken up from her sleep.

"Unnie, does Taeminnie like origami?" Krystal asked.

"Yah...... stop..... interrupting.... my...... sleep." Jessica mumbled.

"Unnie! Tell me!" Krystal beseeched, shaking Jessica roughly.

Jessica straightened up, startled.

"Yah! Why did you wake me up?" Jessica demanded.

"Because,  I wanted to ask you whether Taemin liked origami or not. " Krystal replied, with a cherubic face plastered on her.

Jessica giggled and took the origami paper from Krystal. She began to fold intricately, as Krystal watched scrupulously.

"Wow...you're really talented at this." Krystal said, fascinated with Jessica's end result.

"I know. I used to always make Onew them, when we first went out." Jessica informed.

The wise, older sister shared other advice about relationships to her naive, little sister.

~~~

"Welcome to Bali. The current temperature is 74 degrees Fahrenheit. Thank you for traveling with us. We hope to see you again soon." A flight attendant announced through the PA System.

"Ki Kwang, we're here! Wake up!" Naeun shook Ki Kwang gently.

"Oh, komawo. Lets get our luggage." Ki Kwang jumped out of his seat, and grabbed Naeun's and his luggage from the overhead.

"Komapseumnida."Naeun thanked.

"No need. Come on." Ki Kwang allowed Naeun to go in front of him and they descended from the plane into the Bali airport.

Naeun, once again, stood at the side waiting for Luna.

"Why did you stop?" Ki Kwang asked.

"I have a friend I'm waiting for. You can go on." Naeun said.

"Are you sure?" Ki Kwang confirmed.

Naeun nodded, smiling at Ki Kwang walked away.

Naeun patiently waited for Luna.

"Naeunnie!" Jessica screamed, piercing Naeun's ears.

Naeun couldn't help but smile at Jessica's contentment.

"Unnie,  I'm so excited to be here!" Naeun said.

"I know! Lets go to all the sights and everything! Come on! Sooyoung seon saeng-nim told us to stand in front of the gate." Jessica urged.

"Ani. I'm going to wait for Luna-ssi to come out. You can go ahead with Krystal or Tiffany unnie." Naeun refused.

" You're betraying our friendship..." Jessica teased, as she left. Naeun giggled, and threw her hands up in the air to signal to Luna that she was standing there.

"Naeun-ssi! Thank goodness you're here! I was so bored in the plane. My iPod ran out of battery and I was stuck, listening to Luhan's snoring." Luna groaned.

"Yah, you liked sitting next to Luhan. Admit it." Naeun coughed.

"Gwaenchana? Be careful of your health Naeun. You've been coughing a lot lately." Luna said, worried.

"Ne. I'm always cautious. Lets go, or else the class will leave without us!" Naeun exclaimed, running with Luna to the gate.

~~~

Author's Note:

Happy Birthday to A Pink's beautiful and shy Naeun!!!! Saranghaeyo <3

 

I updated because it was Naeun's birthday today! I hope you liked this chapter.