Simply An Accident

Eternal

Taemin spotted his friend, Jongin, heading to the dance hall and chuckled. This was probably where he would be meeting Krystal. He took a step forward and was about to go in to spy on the two, but decided against it.

Yah, give them privacy...Taemin thought to himself walking away.

~~~

"Hey,Krystal." Jongin smiled, as he saw Krystal walk in.

"Annyeong! Are you ready to face the queen of dance?" Krystal smiled mischievously.

"Pft. I think I am." Jongin challenged.

Krystal stepped up to Jongin's iPod speakers and placed her own iPod in them.

She played an upbeat instrumental and began to dance spontaneously. Her precision and charisma impressed Jongin, though he tried not to show it.

 As the short music piece ended, Jongin applauded Krystal's wonderful dance.

"Pretty impressive. Now play one for me." Jongin said.

Krystal  nodded. She searched through her vast number of songs and found a ballad. She knew that ballads would be difficult to dance. It would be interesting to watch Jongin try to dance to a ballad.

Jongin's eyes grew wide, as he heard the first few chords of the ballad.

"Yah, that's not fair! You can't dance to ballads!" Jongin complained.  

"I guess I am the better dancer." Krystal smirked.

"Yah! I can do this!" Jongin exclaimed.

Krystal watched him intently listen to the song and then immediately begin to dance with grace and smoothness. She became engrossed with the look of determination in his eyes. Krystal immediately felt somehow guilty for even considering him to be a worse dancer than she was. He was able to create dance moves in seconds in his head, while she had done a routine she had seen on TV. Krystal was easily able to say that he was a much better dancer than she was.

As the song ended, Krystal cheered brightly.

"Wow! You win. That was phenomenal! How did you learn how to dance like that?" Krystal asked, sitting on the dance hall floor.

"I learned by watching others. I made the moves spontaneously though. Ballads are slow and smooth, so you think of slow steps while dancing." Jongin stated, taking a seat next to Krystal.

Krystal nodded. "I'm sorry for even doubting you to be a weak dancer."

"Aniyo. You don't need to apologize. It is not your fault that you doubted my ability to dance flawlessly."

"Yah! You're so arrogant!" Krystal shouted, hitting Jongin on the shoulder lightly.

Jongin laughed and backed away to avoid Krystal's hit.

"You're a good dancer." Jongin said. "I didn't know you liked dancing."

"I didn't either. After everyone told me I was a good dancer, I started to recognize my dancing skills and enjoyed it." Krystal explained.

"I see...."

Awkwardness filled the room, as Krystal and Jongin looked at the ground and ceiling respectively not knowing what to say to each other.

"So, how's Taemin?" Jongin asked.

"Uh, he's good." Krystal smiled.

"He better be taking care of you well.

"Jongin-ah, do you have a girlfriend?" Krystal wondered.

Jongin held in his excitement and calmly stated, "I don't."

Krystal suddenly found herself smiling. She turned to face Jongin and looked at him. Jongin stared back, noticing how beautiful she really was. He slowly went forward and put his lips to Krystal's.

 Krystal backed away, as Jongin frowned.

"Mianhae." Jongin turned red.

"Aniyo, its my fault. I have to go..." Krystal said quietly, running away.

"Krystal...." Jongin called, but she was unable to hear him.

He sighed. His own idiocy led to Krystal going away.

~~~

Krystal sobbed quietly as she reached a wide, open area with green grass.

I'm so stupid. Jongin isn't even my boyfriend...aiish. Mianhae, Taemin oppa.... Krystal thought to herself. She buried her head into her knees and hugged her legs. She was ashamed of herself for doing such a thing.

Krystal never realized that she had hidden infatuation for Jongin.

~~~

 Naeun and Luna walked to their favorite area to study. It was a vast area with the softest, greenest grass. Naeun loved to sit here and think with Jessica, but now that Luna also became one of her best friends, she shared the space with Luna as well.

Today, Naeun and Luna spotted a girl, appearing to be crying and immediately went to her side.

"Annyeong haseyo. Are you alright?" Luna asked.

Krystal looked up to see Luna and Naeun staring at her.

"Oh, mianhae. Naeun, I didn't realize this was your special spot. I'll leave." Krystal said, standing up.

"Krystal, sit down. Relax. I don't mind. Are you alright?" Naeun questioned.

"Aniyo. I made a big mistake, Naeun." Krystal confessed.

" What is it?" Naeun asked.

Krystal began to explain everything that had occurred, from the dance challenge to the kiss.

Naeun's eyes grew wide as she listened.

What would Taemin think? Naeun thought to herself.

"Do you like Jongin?" Luna questioned. Krystal shrugged her shoulders.

"Krystal, be honest." Naeun stated.

Krystal slowly nodded.

"What about Taemin-ssi?" Luna demanded.

"I don't know. I realized that he doesn't really have interest in me. So, I think we should split up and go find ourselves other people." Krystal said.

"We support you. Just make sure you break up nicely." Luna giggled.

Krystal nodded. It was final. Taemin and her weren't going to be together anymore. Krystal was relieved though. She was tired of trying to impress him. With Jongin, she can be herself.

As Naeun and Luna walked away, Krystal heard the words "Maybe Taemin likes you! Naeun, your dreams may come true!"

Krystal's mouth opened wide. Naeun liked Taemin?

Aigoo... She should have told me and Jessica unnie if she liked Taemin. She put my interest in front of her own. I feel so guilty. I have to tell unnie. Krystal frowned, and hurried home.

~~~

"Annyeong!" Jessica hung up the phone with Tiffany and waved to Krystal.

"Unnie, I have to tell you something." Krystal stated.

"Yah, let me sleep! I'm tired." Jessica rejected Krystal's attempt to speak and headed to her room. Krystal, determined to talk, followed Jessica and rushed to speak with her.

"Unnie, do you know that Naeun likes Taemin?" Jessica looked up in disbelief.

"What?!?!?!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Ne. Yet she ignored that and let me go out with Taemin.  Unnie, I feel horrible!" Krystal cried.

"Aigoo... Krys, when you first came here, I asked Naeun to help me set you up with Taemin." Jessica realized.

"Unnie, how could you? You're best friends with Naeun! How were you able to not know who your best friend liked?" Krystal expressed disappointed.

Jessica was stunned. Naeun's supposed smile made her confident that Naeun was okay with Krystal and Taemin together. However, finding this piece of information tore Jessica's heart. She was a horrible friend.

"Krys, you need to break up with Taemin. You told me you were falling for Jongin didn't you?" Jessica said.

"Ne. I will. Unnie, you have to apologize to Naeun." Krystal said. The unnie and dongsaeng nodded and vowed to complete their tasks as soon as possible.

 

Author's Note:

Hi chingus! How was this chapter?