Plans

Eternal

~~~
Taemin's heartbeat rose as the day went on. Can I successfully surprise Naeun? Will she like my presents? What if she thinks it's too much?

Taemin forced himself to calm down and looked through the window for his friends' arrival.

"Annyeong! Come inside. Noona is not home yet. She left food for us though." Taemin greeted Jessica, Krystal, and Luna. Onew stated he wouldn't be able to come.

"Taemin-ssi, I'm sorry for everything I've done. The guilt has been killing me and I should've followed Naeun's words. It's my fault." Luna apologized, her head bowed to the ground.

"I guess I should've been more forgiving. I've been too hard on you. It's okay. We're friends again, okay?" Taemin held out his hand. Luna shook it tentatively and a Taemin gave her a friendly smile. One dilemma was out of the way now.

"Good. You two made up. Now, Taeminnie, spill your ideas out." Jessica said.

Taemin listed all the ideas he had thought of coherently and Krystal laughed. Taemin turned to her, discomfited.

"I liked your ideas, but you said them so fluently that it seems like you memorized them." Krystal explained her laughter.

Taemin nodded and Luna pointed out, " I liked the video idea. You know the one where a random couple acts out when you first met Naeun and Naeun first met you? You should make it from both of your perspectives and then add in a third person point of view. It seems innocent yet affectionate. It would be a good way to reminisce about your past together."

"That's what I thought too. That's probably my favorite gift out of all of your ideas. How did you and Naeun meet anyway?" Jessica agreed.

"I met her on the last day of first year. I'm not sure about her though. That's the problem about acting out the scene from her point of view." Taemin said.

"We can go ask her. She'll just think we want to know about your first meeting like any friend." Luna suggested.

"Wah. Luna-ssi you're amazing!" Taemin exclaimed.

"Who should go?" Krystal asked.

"All three of you. I told Naeun I would be busy today. I wanted to prepare for this." Taemin said.

"Okay, we'll go." The three left with a dubious Taemin lying around in hope.

 I wish that this will work. Naeun, you will like this, okay? Taemin thought.

~~~

"Naeun? Can you open the door?" Luna called out from outside the hospital room. The door was locked. Naeun rushed to the door to greet her friends.

"Aigoo! You've grown even healthier!" Jessica exclaimed, hugging Naeun.

"Jinjja?" Naeun scrutinized herself and looked at Jessica.

"Ne. Here is some candy. Enjoy! We didn't want to come empty-handed." Jessica smiled. Naeun grinned and took the box of candy from Jessica.

"Komawo! Come sit! We can talk and you all can have some candy." Naeun smiled.

"Okay!" Krystal voraciously followed Naeun once she heard that she would be eating candy.

"Naeun, how did you meet Taemin? I was just wondering because I didn't know you until this year." Luna asked out of nowhere.

Jessica coughed and glanced at Luna. Luna seemed as if she intended to ask this, instead of casually wondering about it. 

However, Naeun seemed oblivious to this and answered it happily. "I saw Taemin during my first year at the university. He was a lot different then. It was on the day of our orientation. He had black hair, like mine, and it was shaped like a mushroom. I thought it was cute and I told a friend of mine about it. He was talking with another student, who probably was Onew oppa, and he looked so pretty, but handsome at the same time. However, that was it. It was simple gaze at him and then I had to leave because of Jessica unnie. I couldn't find him again. I did see him several times throughout the year. My crush on him was more of an admiration and awe than actual love. After this year, I think that's changed." Naeun blushed.

"Kyaaa~!!! You're so cute! I didn't know you saw him so early in the year because then I would have pushed you away. Taemin said that he-" Jessica rambled on until Luna nudged her shoulder.

"Jessica was saying that she thought that you only met him this year. That's all." Luna said.

Naeun nodded gradually and perceived that they were hiding something from her. "It's okay. If you don't want to tell me something, I understand."

"Aniyo! We aren't hiding anything! Unnie doesn't know what she's saying sometimes! You know that right?" Krystal blurted out.

Naeun chuckled and nodded. "I was kidding. Guess what!"

"What?" Jessica wondered.

"Recently, an American surgical oncologist came to this hospital for a conference. However after noticing the cancer patients in this hospital, he decided to work to remove the tumors of a few cancer patients that have the chance of being cancer-free. And I may be one of them." Naeun informed.

Luna and Jessica cheered while Krystal frowned. "What's a surgical oncologist?"

"Aigoo, Krys, you're still a baby. A surgical oncologist works to remove the cancer tumor from your body." Jessica explained to her naive sister.

"Wait, Naeun. Won't you need a lung transplant for this?" Luna grew solemn.

"Ne. I would. My doctors are working on finding a solution for that. The tumor is located at the edge of my lungs. It might be possible that they can just eradicate the  tumor and modify my lungs somehow. I don't know." Naeun said.

"We're always with you." Luna put her hand on Naeun's shoulder pitifully.

"Komawo." Naeun stared at her friends.

 My friends do too much for me. Why do I feel I am doing nothing in return? Because I am not. If I become normal again, I promise myself I will give them something in return. I love you all. Naeun told herself.

"Naeun? We'll go now. Annyeong. Take some rest." Jessica hugged Naeun once more.

Naeun lifted her hand up to wave but then placed it back down due to her arm aching when she did not support it.

~~~
When Taemin initially heard when Naeun first encountered him, he was shocked.

"How come I didn't notice her? What is wrong with me?" Taemin exclaimed.

"You're Mr.Popular. You didn't have time to gaze around. Okay, how do you want to do this?" Jessica said.

"I don't want to be in the video, like I said before. I wouldn't feel right. Now that I get the idea of how Naeun met me and I met Naeun, I know who to place as the role of me." Taemin said.

"Who is it?" Krystal asked.

"Jongin. And you'll be Naeun. Luna-ssi, you'll be Naeun's friend." Taemin stated proudly. Krystal turned red at the mention of Jongin.

"Okay! That's great! Call Jongin-ssi and we can start filming immediately! We don't have much time! Krystal-ah, go get your school uniform! Taemin, tell Jongin to get his uniform too!" Jessica ordered.

Taemin and Krystal obeyed and went to do their duties. After calling Jongin, Taemin sat down.

"I'm so nervous." Taemin said.

"It'll be fine." Luna assured.

"Naeun will like this, right? If she doesn't, I'll be so upset!"

"Of course." Luna said.

Taemin's eyes lit up as he thought of another idea. "We should film two more scenes! The one where we officially become friends and the one where we become girlfriend and boyfriend."

Luna nodded and Jessica gasped. "Taemin, are you sure we can do all this?"

"We must."
~~~
"Ready to film?" Taemin called out with his camera.

"Ne! This'll be fun!" Krystal clapped her hands.

Many first years were gathered around the school for this video as a gift to Naeun. Taemin had said that it was for his first love and instantly several girls were touched. They were even more eager to act as random students passing by when Taemin informed them that it was for Naeun. The students knew that Naeun was a cancer patient.

Taemin took a deep breath and began to record.

Author's Note: 

Hello fellow readers! 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Is it too short? If it is, sorry :)

please anticipate the following chapters.... 

Annyeong!