Home Sweet Home

Eternal

Picking Luna's suitcase from the bed, Naeun sighed. These four days were going to be unforgettable. She would never forget meeting her idol, Kim Taeyeon, and being complimented by her. Bali was fun, but Naeun wishes to come home soon, as she misses her family.

"Ready, Naeunnie?" Jessica asked, carrying her and Krystal's suitcase.

Naeun nodded and knocked on the bathroom door, calling Luna.

"Ne! Hold on! I'm seeing if I left anything!"" Luna's voice carried.

Once Luna stepped out of the bathroom, Krystal locked the bathroom door with the separate bathroom key and handed them to Jessica.

The girls locked their hotel room and rushed downstairs in fear they were late. Luckily, Sooyoung and the other students were still waiting for an airport bus.

"I hope we can come back." Luna smiled.

"Ne. It was fun here!" Naeun agreed.

"It was warm too. I'm not looking forward to the cold." Luna groaned.

"Yah, I'm not that cold!" Jessica glared.

"Aniyo, unnie. I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the weather in Incheon." Luna apologized.

"Oh. Never mind. I am nice, though, right?" Jessica confirmed.

"Of course! You're one of the sweetest people I've met!" Luna expressed.

"Good. I like you, too. So don't worry." Jessica hugged Luna.

Naeun laughed and pointed at the bus that was turning a corner and  heading towards them.

~~~~

Naeun stepped onto the plane and checked her boarding pass once more.

Seat 14B, hmmm... I wonder who will sit next to me. Please be Luna, Jessica unnie, or Ki Kwang! Or maybe Taemin? Aiish, Naeun! He's taken! Naeun thought, walking down the aisle.

She finally found her seat and placed her suitcase in the overhead.

She sat down, and saw a young male facing the window. He seemed to be humming a familiar tune and relished the pretty view of the clear sky, with the blue waters peeking. Naeun was curious to see who it was, but knew it was not polite to actually bend over to see who it was.

After a few minutes, Naeun gave up and assumed it was a stranger, and stared ahead.

"Naeun-ah! I didn't notice you! Annyeong!" Naeun turned to the left of her, to seat 14A, to see Lee Taemin sitting next to her.

Naeun smiled brightly and greeted him.

"What a nice surprise. I'm glad we got seats next to each other." Taemin said.

Naeun-ah, is that you? You've become so thin and the brightness in your face has disappeared. Taemin tried to hide his worry about Naeun.

"Your singing was exceptional. You're really fortunate to be able to sing with Kim Taeyeon-ssi." Taemin sighed.

"Komawo. I'm sure your time will come soon." Naeun assured.

"Ne. I hope so. How were your four days in Bali?" Taemin questioned.

As the two conversed, Krystal Jung looked on with jealousy. She caught a glimpse of Taemin and noticed his unfeigned smile. It seemed as if he genuinely was smiling and was content. She suddenly looked away. She felt disappointment. Taemin never gave her that kind of smile. It was a polite smile. That smile was foreign to her, until today.

 Sitting next to her was a fanboying Jongin.

"Krystal-ssi, do you like to dance?" Jongin attempted at a conversation.

Krystal turned to Jongin, with interest.

"Ne. I love to dance. Its my passion." Krystal answered.

"Jinjja? It's mine too!" Jongin exclaimed.

"Wow! What do you like to dance to?" Krystal wondered.

"Anything you play, I can think of choreography and just start." Jongin said smugly.

"Really?" Krystal raised an eyebrow.

"Yah, you don't believe me?" Jongin teased.

"Ani. I don't." Krystal stated, trying to keep in her laughter.

"Fine. Tomorrow, come to the dance hall with music. All kinds." Jongin proclaimed.

"Deal. I'll see if you're as good as you say you are." Krystal agreed, shaking hands with Jongin.

~~~

Taemin yawned and was able to shift his position, when he noticed that his shoulder had gotten a lot heavier. He saw Naeun leaning on to him, her hands awkwardly placed on her lap.

Taemin carefully took one hand and held it in his hands. He was shocked at how they were as soft and fragile as a baby's hand.

He brushed Naeun's hair out of her face and closed his eyes, satisfied with what he had done.

~~~

 Naeun stepped down from her bus, waving to Taemin goodbye. She eagerly rang the doorbell, and was welcomed by her smiling father.

"Appa!" Naeun hugged her father.

"Naeun, I saw you on TV." Mr.Son stated.

" What are you saying?" Naeun said.

"Look for yourself." Mr.Son handed her his tablet and she saw the recording of her singing "Closer" with Singer Kim Taeyeon.

"This was videotaped?" Naeun exclaimed in horror.

"Naeun, why are you so upset?"

"Appa, everyone heard my horrible voice."

"Naeun, you have a beautiful voice. I love listening to your voice. I'm sure others do too." Mr.Son patted Naeun on the back and said goodbye, as he left for work.

"Naeun, I knew it was you when I heard the doorbell ring!" Naeun's mother rushed to her daughter and gave her a big hug.

"Umma..." Naeun hugged her mother tightly.

"Yah! What did you bring me?" Eunji joked, walking in.

"Unnie, I actually did get you something. I got you Kim Taeyeon-ssi's signature and 2NE1's signature!!" Naeun smiled.

"Kyaaahhhhhh!!!!!!" Eunji shrieked, hugging her sister in delight. "Naeunnie, you are the best!!!"

"Unnie, stop." Naeun blushed. Suddenly, she began to cough terribly.

Her mother looked on with worry.

"Naeun, gwaenchana?" Eunji asked worried.

"Ne....I'm.....fine....." Naeun attempted to say, taking a seat.

She breathed in and out and soon was back to normal.

"Naeun, I'm booking a doctor appointment tomorrow." Naeun's mother stated.

"Waeyo? Its not necessary." Naeun refused.

"Naeun, your coughs have been getting worse. We must go to the doctor. I can tell clearly there is something wrong. If only I were allowed to treat you..." Naeun's mother sighed. Though she was a doctor herself, she was not permitted to treat people with the same blood as her.

Naeun sighed and stood up. "Im going to go unpack."

~~~

"Yeobo seyo?" Taemin asked into the phone.

"Taemin..... Are you home yet?" Jongin squealed.

"Dude, why are you so happy?" Taemin laughed.

"Krystal and I had some fun times talking! I'm sorry man, but I like Krystal. Sorry. I really regret being this way."

Taemin's eyes brightened as he heard Jongin's confession.

"Aniyo. Its not a problem at all. No need to apologize. Hey, what were you and Krystal talking about?"

"I told her I can dance really well, but she doesn't believe me, but I told her to meet me in the dance hall tomorrow and I would show her some of my legendary moves!" Jongin shouted.

Taemin put the phone away from his ear and said, "Stop yelling. Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. I'm unpacking. Annyeong."

Taemin hung up, and stared at his phone for a moment. Maybe Krystal and Jongin could become a couple... They seemed to suit each other well.

He dialed Onew's number and awaited his opinion on Taemin's thought.

~~~

Krystal replayed her conversation with Jongin and Taemin's sincere smile with Naeun over and over again. She couldn't understand. Her emotions were calm and she felt relaxed and comforting with Jongin. She felt jumpy, nervous, and unsure with Taemin. She had always ran through premeditated conversations with him in her mind.  She didn't feel the need to do so with Jongin. She had spoken to Jongin a lot before the plane ride and all of the times she was comforted by his presence. What was this? Her heart still lingered for Taemin, however. He seemed so charismatic and handsome.

Krystal widened her eyes and came to a conclusion. She hurried to her unnie's room and burst the door open.

"Unnie, I have to tell you something...." Krystal began.

Author's  Note:

Annyeong chingus! Sorry about my lousy attempt at an early update! I was busy with studying for exams and all! Forgive me!

I also was busy spazzing about SNSD's comeback!!!! They were amazing!!!! I loved them so much!

Sorry for the unnecessary amount of exclamation points, but I can't contain my feels! 

Anyways, how was this chapter?

What does Krystal want to say to Jessica? What is Taemin saying to Onew on the phone? Why is Naeun coughing so much?

The next chapter will be mainly focused on Taemin and Krystal's relationship.