Frustration

Eternal

"Naeun wiped her tears away. You did a good thing. Stop crying! She assured herself. She heard a knock on her door and checked in the mirror to see if it looked like she was crying. 

"Naeunnie?" Eunji called. 

"Ne, unnie. You can come in." Naeun said, lying on her bed. Eunji walked in and stared at her sister for just a second before looking away. She suspected something was wrong. 

"Naeun, why are you here? Spend some time outside. Actually, it's getting late. Can you give this book to Sunny and Taemin? I borrowed it from them a few days ago. I know you want to see him." Eunji winked. Naeun tried to smile and nodded. She took the book and stared at it. 

"Naeun, why are you so dull all of a sudden?" Eunji asked. 

"Aniya. I'm just tired. I wandered around the school a lot and practiced my song with Taemin." Naeun lied. 

"Aniyo. You were fine the other day. You even practiced the piano." Eunji said. 

"Unnie, you're just fretful. There's nothing to be concerned about. I'm fine." Naeun assured her. 

She avoided Eunji's eyes and left her alone in the room. Naeun ran out of the house and rushed to give the book away as soon as possible.

~~~

Taemin tossed the clothes lying on his bed and laid on his bed. He angrily stared at the ceiling, not knowing how to control his feelings.

Suddenly, he heard a girl's voice and sat up. Could it be Naeun?

Yah, Lee Taemin! Son Naeun is not your girlfriend anymore. Don't feel so excited. Taemin told himself. 

He casually went down the stairs, looking around for a pretty girl. He spotted her talking to Sunny. Naeun caught Taemin's eyes and looked away immediately. Her eyes represented sadness, the way she attempted to smile. Taemin knew she wasn't joyful.  

He walked into the kitchen where she was and pretended to be thirsty. As he passed by her, he noticed her squirming and her eyes darting all over the place. He painfully ignored the need to hold her tightly and went to drink water.

"Yah, why aren't you talking to your girlfriend?" Sunny scolded Taemin. She still did not know about their break up. 

"Uhh...I don't know." Taemin stuttered. 

"Well, I'll leave you two alone. Thank you for the book, Naeun. Annyeong! Have a good night!" Sunny said brightly. 

"Okay, I'll leave too." Naeun said quietly. Taemin held her hand. 

"Wait. Let me come with you. I want to talk to you outside." Taemin said. Naeun nodded and he led her to the backyard. 

"Naeun, how are you really?" Taemin said, after they settled on the grass. They had an awkward distance maintained between them.

"I'm fine." Naeun said, barely audible. 

"Naeun, are you sure? Why are you crying?" Taemin reached over to put his arm around her. 

Naeun remained unspoken as she cried silently into Taemin's shoulder.

"Naeun-ah, I love you. Please let us be how we were. Nothing will happen." Naeun looked at Taemin.

She noticed how sincere his eyes were and the hope that lingered inside him. "Taemin, I don't know anymore."

"Why?" Taemin slowly wiped away the tears from Naeun's voice.

 He slowly began to sing. "It can't not be you.
I am so miserable
That I realized this now
The pictures
Make it look like I am still your love
The heat of your body and your face
I can still feel it
Deep inside my heart
Still I have romantic in my heart
I want to go back." 

"Wah, you sing so nicely, even when you're sorrowful." Naeun said. Taemin chuckled. 

"Can you sing for me?" He asked. 

"What song should I sing?" 

"Whatever one suits your mood." 

"Shine garodeung bit arae 

Ttaseuhan neoui geu koteu soge angyeo neoui sumsori deureullae 

O yeonghwacheoreom 

Shine uril bichuneun special night

 Jamdeulji annneun i geori soge oneul bam neowa hamkke georeullae

 My love"

"Wah, you sing beautifully." Taemin smiled. 

"Taemin, maybe we should go back to how we were yesterday." Naeun said, suddenly. 

"Really?" Taemin was in shock. 

"Yes. However, you have to fathom that I may not be with you forever."  Naeun said. 

"Aniyo. You'll always be with me." 

"How? You can't cut a piece of me off and keep it with you." 

"Naeun-ah, you're supposed to be smart. I'll have you with me in here." Taemin pointed to his heart. 

"Aigoo...you're so cheesy! Yah, Lee Taemin, when have you learned all this?" Naeun laughed. 

"I had this in me from the beginning. No one but you made me unleash these words. I've been reserving these words for you. For you only." 

"Taemin-ah, remember. I may not physically be with you eternally." Naeun said, standing up. 

"I don't care. I'll be jovial that you are with me now." Taemin said, following her steps. 

"Well, I need to go, Taeminnie. Annyeong!" Naeun waved.

"Yah! You said you would call me oppa!" Taemin pouted.

"Fine. Taemin OPPA, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." Naeun giggled.  

Taemin watched her go and chuckled to himself. How is that you control my feelings like this, Naeun-ah? You change me from morose to happy in seconds. How do you think like this? 

~~~

"Naeun! I'm sorry!" Luna shouted, sprinting to Naeun. Naeun paused and waited for Luna to catch up with her. 

"Waeyo?" Naeun asked, after Luna had reached her.

"Because....I kind of ruined you and Taemin. Are you together again?" Luna said breathlessly.

"Ne, we are. I realized, 'Why not live happily, while I can?' So, we reconciled last night." Naeun replied.

"I'm sincerely sorry, Naeunnie. You can despise me if you want. I don't mind." Luna said.

"Lunaaa....it's alright. I forgive you. Everyone makes mistakes. I can't judge you for creating an error, if I do it myself." Naeun said. 

"Komawo! Aiish, you're too brilliant, Naeun! Thank you so much!" Luna hugged Naeun tightly. 

"You're exaggerating!" Naeun exclaimed. 

Inside all Naeun could think about was her remaining days with her family, friends, and Taemin.

Author's Note: 

Annyeong! 

How was this chapter? I hope you all enjoyed it! :) 

I've made you all ill-tempered with the last chapter, right? I hope your moods have changed with these chapters. 

The song Taemin sang was "Romantic" by SHINee and Naeun sang "Romantic St." by Girls' Generation.

 http://www.kpoplyrics.net/snsd-romantic-st-lyrics-english-romanized.html#ixzz35CWLiele