Waiting Patiently

Eternal

"Taemin-ssi!!!" Naeun called from her side of the fence she and Taemin shared.

"Naeun-ah!!! I'm coming!" Taemin could hardly contain his excitement, hearing Naeun's sweet voice.

Naeun smiled, and looked at the time through the curtains of her house. There were still 10 minutes until she had to leave for school with Taemin.

Meanwhile, Taemin stumbled to Naeun and met her near his front door, after Naeun became impatient waiting for him.

"Annyeong Taemin!" Naeun greeted. "Annyeong haseyo, Sunny unnie."

"Naeun, it's been so long! You seem so thin. Are you eating?" Sunny smiled and hugged Naeun.

"Of course I am, unnie. How are you?" Naeun asked.

"I'm great. My caretaker business has been thriving lately, so I'm content."

"Noona, we have to go! Don't waste time." Taemin urged.

Sunny chuckled and said, "Alright. Be safe! Aigoo...I sound like an ajhumma.."

She stood in front of the doorway and waved to the two students.

~~~

"So, Eunji unnie told me you came to see me yesterday." Naeun confronted, as they began their walk.

"Ah...ne, I did." Taemin confessed.

"Waeyo?"

"Naeun-ah, Krystal broke up with me. I'm happy though. Really happy!"

"Ne. Krystal told me. Do you know why she broke up with you though?"

"Ani. I have no idea."

"She likes Jongin-ssi, your friend."

"Jinjja? That's amazing!"

"I know..they seem as if they would get along well..." Naeun smiled.

"How is life?"

"It's been tiring lately. I've been having many headaches and my cough has been getting worse."

"Naeun-ah, you have to take care of yourself."

"I am. Every night, I drink almond milk before I go to bed." Naeun coughed before she gave Taemin a slight smile

"Naeun-ah, I have to tell you something." Taemin began.

Taeminnie, please let it be what I think it is. Naeun hoped silently.

"You can tell me anything."

"Not now. Meet me at my house tonight at 8."

"Aiish, don't make it seem so suspenseful." Naeun laughed. Suddenly, she tripped over a rock, almost falling over before Taemin caught her.

Naeun blushed and thanked Taemin. Taemin stared at her, shocked.

Naeun-ah, have you even been eating? I can feel your bones through your clothes! Taemin worriedly looked at Naeun. She did not notice however, as she seemed holding something in and was looking the other away.

As they reached the school, Naeun and Taemin seperated to go speak to their respective group of friends. Taemin's fangirls were also enviously watching Naeun as she passed them.

~~~

"Naeun, I asked you to meet with me for a special reason." Sooyoung explained.

"Seon saeng-nim, I'm trying to improve on my power and timidness." Naeun said.

"I've noticed you're improving. Great job! However, you seem fatigued lately. Have you been resting well?"

Naeun frowned. Luna, Taemin, Sunny, and even her teacher was commenting about her health. Other than her headaches, cough, and tiredness, she seemed okay. However, Naeun believed that these minor issues were because of stress or the chilly weather.

"Ne. I have been resting. It's just stress, I guess." Naeun shook off.

"Be careful Naeun." Sooyoung warned. Naeun went to her seat again and thought.

Is there really something wrong with me? Am I feeling more tired than usual?

~~~

Luna waved at Naeun as she ran to her.

"Naeunnie, slow down. You'll tire yourself." Luna warned.

Naeun rolled her eyes and stated, "Luna, I'm fine."

Luna shrugged her shoulders, not really believing Naeun's response.

"Luna....guess what?!" Naeun suddenly smiled brightly.

"What?"

"Guess!" Naeun giggled.

"Aiish. Just tell me."

"Taemin said he had to tell me something tonight. I'm so excited!" Naeun gushed.

"Kyaaa~!!" Luna jumped and down, elated for her friend.

"So.... I wonder what he will say..." Luna nudged Naeun playfully.

Naeun blushed and said, "Yah, its probably something related to our project."

"Yes, it might be.  But it might also be something else." Luna winked at Naeun. "I have to go though! Bye bye!"

Naeun nodded and waved goodbye to Luna. She began to take small steps and headed home.

Taemin had to stay after school today, Jessica was in the school musical, and Krystal was practicing her dancing skills.

As Naeun commenced her short walk home, she thought about Taemin.

Do you really like me, Taemin-ah? If so, why did you say yes to Krystal's confession? Why didn't you reject it? Why did you listen to me? Pabo. Pabo Lee Taemin.

All the questions accumulating in Naeun's head made it hurt, so she quickly brushed them off.

Whatever happened was for the good of her.

~~~

Taemin eagerly held lilies in his hand and smiled at himself in the mirror.

Lee Taemin, relax. You can do this! Hwaiting! Taemin encouraged himself and left his room.

Sunny smirked at Taemin's apparel and the flowers in his hands.

"Yah, where are you going? You already have another girlfriend?" Sunny said.

"Aniyo. I like Naeun, okay?" Taemin turned red, and put his hand behind his head in embarassment.

"Aigoo...Son Naeun? The Naeun next door?" Sunny exclaimed in shock. Taemin nodded.

"Take good care of her, if she accepts you. I don't think she's home though. There was no car in front of their house."

Taemin frowned. "It's okay. I'll wait for her. She won't forget that I told her to meet me here."

Sunny smiled and wished him luck as he sat on the steps in the front of his house.

~~~

Taemin glanced at his phone for the fifth time. He had been waiting here for 40 minutes. His patience was slowly going away. He stood up and decided to go knock on Naeun's door to see if anyone was home. The next day, Naeun had to go to school, so she couldn't have gone away.

As Taemin knocked on the door to Naeun's home, he was met with a teary-eyed Eunji. His smile faded and he looked at her with concern.

"Annyeong haseyo. Are you alright?" Taemin bowed.

"Taemin....Naeun isn't home at the moment."

"Oh, that's alright. I'll see her tomorrow." Taemin assured.

"Ani...you might not."

"Waeyo?" Taemin's optimistic look on his face disappeared, replacing it with a panicked facade.

Author's Note:

Annyeong! ^^

I feel so sorry for not updating in a long, long time! I've been busy with my studies lately.

Please don't hate me! :(

How was this chapter? Very tense, isn't it?