Happy Birthday

Eternal

~~~

"Shh!" Taemin whispered loudly. Immediately, there was silence. "Onew hyung and Jessica unnie, you two go in first and then give your gifts. Then, Krystal and Luna-ssi, you both go in to give your gifts. Then, it'll be my turn. Okay?"

Though, Taemin insisted that he go first and then the others go because it seemed selfish to go last and be with Naeun the longest, the others reminded him that he was the one who created this idea for Naeun.

"It's so cold! Unnie, hurry up and walk faster!" Krystal urged Jessica, as they quietly walked to Naeun's room.

"Yah, I can't walk faster because then I would make too much noise!" Jessica whispered loudly.

"Be quiet! We're disturbing everyone." Luna said. Finally, they reached Naeun's room and Jessica opened the door gently.

She found Naeun sleeping peacefully on the hospital cot. Jessica gently shook her and said, "Naeunnie, wake up. We have something for you."

"Jessica unnie?" Naeun rubbed her eyes and saw two bright faces staring at her. She jumped and gave them a perplexing look.

"Why are you here?" Naeun asked.

"It's your birthday and we have come to surprise you." Jessica smiled. "This is from me. Happy early birthday, Naeunnie. One more hour until your birthday begins. You really are amazing." Jessica hugged Naeun and handed her a small purse with several bracelets inside.

"Each one of these represent someone you really love and cherish dearly. You can choose each color and design for anyone you want. Whenever you think of them, you just look at the bracelet. I know it's not much and is kind of stupid, but here it is."

"Komawo. You're the best, unnie." Naeun smiled brightly. Jessica nodded and stepped aside for Onew.

"Naeun, when we went to Bali and singer Kim Taeyeon-ssi came to the music festival, you sang with her, remember? So, I assumed you were a huge fan and got you this." Onew handed her a signed copy of Kim Taeyeon's latest album, as well as a tape recorder.

"Komapseumnida. I appreciate the fact that you gave me something. I really didn't expect it. What is the tape recorder for?"

"It's a message for you. Listen to it."  Naeun widened her eyes in wonder.

"Annyeong haseyo Naeun-ssi! Who do you think this is? That's right, it's me! Kim Taeyeon! Happy birthday! You sang beautifully in Bali! Your friend, the one who asked me to do this for you, reminded me about you. I have to attend another schedule, so I hope you get well! Thank you for being a fan! Annyeong!"

Naeun opened in shock. "Wah, Onew oppa, it was Kim Taeyeon-ssi! Thank you so much! I don't know how to compensate you for this."

"Ani. You don't need to. It's your birthday. Happy birthday. I'll see you later." Onew smiled.

Subsequently, Luna and Krystal came with a scrapbook of all of Naeun's favorite items and a music box respectively.

Finally, it was Taemin's turn. The moment he came in with a large bag, Naeun chuckled.

"Oppa! Did you bring the whole world with you?" Naeun teased.

"If only I could." Taemin smiled. He cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Son Naeun, with the collection of small presents I am giving to you, I want you to give me something as well. I want you to remember these presents. I really put effort into them. First, we'll start off with the video. After all, I can not give you a present without meeting you."

Taemin the hospital computer and a projector.


A young girl with dark brown hair looked around for someone. After five minutes, she gave up and began to walk away.

From a far distance, a boy watched her. He appeared to be of the same age and was a bit taller.

"Hyung, who is that girl?" The boy asked.


"Her? The one with the long, black hair?" The other boy confirmed. The boy nodded.

"Taemin, that's Son Naeun. She's Sica's friend. She's really quiet and nice."

Taemin smiled and gazed at Naeun.

"She's so pretty. Can I talk to her?"

"Yah, why are you asking me? If you want to talk to her, go ahead."

"Ani. Never mind. She might not like me."

"Oppa, is that Jongin-ssi and Krystal?" Naeun laughed.

"Ne. That's my first sight of you. The last day of first year." Taemin said. "Here's the next part."

"I didn't know this, oppa." Naeun smiled.

Ital:

There was a large crowd on the campus. Several first years were gathered around, waiting for friends and such. One particular girl had found an acquaintance and waved to her.

"Hayoung-ssi!" The girl called. Hayoung turned around and waved to her.

"Naeun-ssi! Annyeong! What a surprise! I was just thinking about where you would be." Hayoung chuckled.

Naeun laughed when someone caught her eye. It was a boy with a haircut shaped like a mushroom.

"Hayoung-ssi, that boy over there has a haircut that resembles a mushroom." Naeun pointed out.

"You're right! It looks so funny!" Hayoung said. Naeun continued to stare at him. She was attracted to him, not because of his haircut, but because of his lovely smile.

The video ended, leaving Naeun smiling nostalgically.

"I remember this moment so lucidly. Thank you, oppa." Naeun said. "I'm glad you showed me how we met. I think it's funny that I knew you all of first year, but I really didn't speak to you because I thought I wasn't worth your attention and that you didn't even know I existed."

"Really? I thought I didn't deserve you at all."

"Aniyo! You will never be like that for me. That was a wonderful present. Thank you so much."

"We're not done yet. Winter is your favorite season, so I'm giving you a snow globe, so winter can be with you and you can be with winter all year-round." Taemin placed the snow globe on the table.

"Next is a blanket. You can use it to keep warm or when times are tough and you just want to hide somewhere. Don't hide too long, though. You cannot flee from your problems." Taemin covered Naeun with the blanket.

"Here is a teddy bear. It's not an ordinary teddy bear. It sound like me. I recorded a message in it. Press the nose."

When Naeun pressed the nose, the teddy bear sweetly said, "Saranghaeyo, Son Naeun!" Taemin placed the teddy bear next to Naeun.

"This is so cute!" Naeun smiled.

"The next one is in this bag. I don't know if that's the one you wanted, but that's what Luna told me." Taemin removed a beautiful blue dress out and placed it in Naeun's hands, waiting for her approval.

"Oppa, this is so nice. Why did you do all this for me? You're too great."

"You deserve it." Taemin grinned at Naeun, as she put the dress back in the bag.

"This next present will be shared between the both of us. It's kind of sentimental, so be prepared for it." Taemin said, walking out of the room.

Naeun tried to peek out the door from her sitting position, but failed to see anything. A minute later, a woman came into the room followed by Taemin.

"Naeun, meet my mother." Taemin introduced.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! 

Taemin is such a sweet person, don't you agree? 

The next chapter will be a continuation of this one. Please look forward to it! 

Bye bye! :)