Apologies

Eternal

Naeun stumbled to the telephone downstairs and sleepily said, "Yeobo seyo?" Who could be calling at this early hour?

"Naeunnie, it's me! Jessica....Can we walk to school together tomorrow at 7am?" 

"Ne. We can." Naeun replied.

"Komawo! Annyeong." Jessica hung up the phone, hoping that Naeun would accept her apology.

~~~

"Naeunnie!!!!" Eunji called from the kitchen.

"Ne?" Naeun rushed downstairs, clutching her belongings.

"Taemin came to visit you yesterday. I told him you were not home. Make sure you see him today." Eunji said. 

"Ne." Naeun responded. 

Why did Taemin come? Naeun wondered.

Naeun stepped outside, waving to her unnie and umma. She saw Jessica and Krystal smiling at her brightly.

"Annyeong!" Jessica greeted. Krystal simply waved at Naeun. Naeun greeted the two and they began to walk to school. 

There was silence for a moment, until Jessica finally mustered up courage to speak.

"Naeun, komawo. You have been the best friend anyone could ever have. You are so kind and put other people's needs in front of your own." Jessica hugged Naeun. 

"Unnie, what is the reason for this sudden display of affection?" Naeun smiled.

"I am sincerely sorry, Naeun. I did not know that you had feelings for Taemin. I went ahead and asked you to help me set Krystal up with Taemin. I am a terrible person." Jessica admitted. 

"Unnie? How do you know all this?" Naeun questioned. 

"I told her, Naeun. After you and Luna-ssi comforted me the other day, I heard Luna saying that your dreams were coming true now that I was going to break up with Taemin. Mianhae. I didn't mean to eavesdrop I understood that you liked Taemin. You can have him...." Krystal elucidated. 

"Krystal, you like Taemin, though. How can you just give him up? Doesn't he like you too?" 

"Ani. I used to like Taemin. I realized that I was tired of trying to impress Taemin. He's not interested in a relationship with me. Also, I've developed a crush on Jongin. It's not right to like another guy and date another at the same time." 

Naeun's heart fluttered with giddiness. Taemin didn't like Krystal. She might have a chance of dating him. 

"Have you told Taemin that you would like to break up?" Naeun asked. 

"Ne, He seemed pretty relaxed with it." Krystal smiled.

"So, Naeun do you forgive me?" Jessica butted in.

"Of course unnie! You introduced me to a lot of things which truly benefitted me. How can I not forgive you? I wouldn't have even joined this school if it wasn't for you!" Naeun hugged Jessica. 

Jessica laughed, relieved. A large boulder was lifted off her shoulders. 

Jessica unnie, I'm a bit sad that you never acknowledged whether I liked Taemin. But I'm glad you found out. Taemin-ah, I hope you'll forgive how I avoided you....Naeun thought.

~~~

"Annyeong haseyo. I'm sorry I wasn't here yesterday." Sooyoung apologized to her students. "I was sick. I guess the sudden weather change from the warm weather in Bali to chilly weather in Incheon affected me." 

"Seon-saeng nim, I can see better now. Can Naeun-ssi and I switch back to our assigned seats?" Krystal suddenly asked. Naeun stared at Krystal, stunned. 

Krystal-ah, you really seem to be trying to make it up to me. Naeun thought as she picked up her things.

"Bye Ki Kwang-ssi!" Naeun whispered. 

"Annyeong, I guess we will never meet again..." Ki Kwang teased, as Naeun went to her seat.

Naeun saw Taemin looking at her and blushed. 

"A-a-annyeong haseyo, Taemin-ssi." Naeun greeted.

"Annyeong, Naeun-ah. You still aren't colloquial with me!" Taemin smiled, unable to contain his excitement. 

 Naeun-ah, you're back....I've missed talking with you! Taemin wanted to say. 

"How are you?" Naeun questioned. 

"I'm fine. Hey, why have we stopped working on our song?" Taemin wondered.

"I don't know. Why have you stopped asking me to listen to your composing?" Naeun smiled. Taemin shrugged his shoulders and tried to think of an answer. 

"Students please be quiet. I would like to acknowledge someone for their vocal abilities today." Sooyoung stated. "Son Naeun, your small performance with Singer Kim Taeyeon was excellent. As your vocal teacher, I was very impressed. Great job, Naeun! Keep it up! I'm proud. Class, please applaud for Naeun." 

Naeun blushed and bowed slightly. 

"Alright. Your songs with another partner, that I have assigned a while ago, will be due at a later date. I want you to work extra hard on them." Sooyoung informed. "Please remember to do your best on this. I am giving you class time to do this today. Please sit with your partner and begin to work." 

"Naeun-ah, we're basically done, right?" Taemin verified.

"Yes, we just need to record the song with our voices included." Naeun said. 

"Ne. It's fun to be with you, Naeun." Taemin suddenly blurted out.

Aiish, pabo. Why would you say that? Taemin scolded himself.

Naeun giggled and without thinking, "Taemin, I think you're fun to be with too."

Author's Note:

Hi chingus! 

I updated another chapter so soon, right? 

How was this chapter? I hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you for your lovely comments!