Too Good to be True

Eternal

"Naeun, meet my mother." Taemin said. A young-looking woman entered the room, smiling brightly.

 

Naeun stood up and bowed. "Annyeong haseyo, Mrs.Lee. I'm Son Naeun."

 

"Naeun, sit down. You didn't need to get up. Call me omeoni." Mrs.Lee smiled.

 

"Naeun, my mother is my best friend. So are you. So, why not introduce my two best friends to each other? My mother is a lot like you, so I thought it would be nice for you to meet her. Umma, say something." Taemin stated.

 

"Naeun, you made Taemin so jovial. When I call him and Sunny, he always used to greet me so tediously. Now, I can practically see the smile on his face when he greets me. His enigmatic nature has changed into a ray of sunshine. Thank you, Naeun. Happy birthday. My Taemin is now yours. I'm glad you are the one for Taemin and not any other girl. I'll see you later, Naeun. Taemin, I'll see you at home." Taemin's mother reached out and hugged Naeun. Naeun smiled and nodded at Mrs.Lee as she left.

 

"Well, that was my mother." Taemin said, once she left. "I wish she stayed longer, but Sunny noona is the only one home and it's night."

 

"I really like her." Naeun said.

 

"I do, too." Taemin chuckled. "For your next present, I brought a snow globe. I know winter is your favorite season, so now winter will be with you all year round."

 

"Komawo." Naeun held the snow globe and turned it upside down. Several white sparkles and glittery pieces went down and Naeun smiled and put the snow globe down.

 

"Finally, I have the last present in which you have to cooperate with me. This is the song we worked on in school. I love you, Naeun and this song is for you. Sing with me. The song is the recording of the piano piece you played. Let's go." Naeun nodded and cleared , preparing to sing.

"If you cannot sing, don't okay?" Taemin said. Naeun nodded and played the song.

Naeun: When I have a boyfriend, there’s so much I want to do that I dreamed of

The first is kissing in the streets. Second is going on a late night train to Choonchun

Third is going on a picnic. Fourth is getting a piggy back ride. Fifth is couple rings which is given

boo boo boo it’ll be really sweet

Naeun + Taemin: I don’t know why my heart is racing in just thinking about it

I want to accomplish each of these things with you each day

My days are always fun because you’re there, because I know that it’s two of us now

You who is important to me baby baby baby baby boo~

Taemin: When I have a girlfriend, I wanted to do so many things as I was always envious

Sixth is watching movies late at night. Seventh is going to the amusement park together. Eighth is holding a surprise event.

boo boo boo we’re really going to be happy together

 

Naeun + Taemin: I don’t know why my heart is racing in just thinking about it                                                                                          I want to accomplish each of these things with you each day                                                                                                                   My days are always fun because you’re there, because I know I have another                                                                                     You who is important to me baby baby baby baby boo~

Taemin:My birthdays I spent along, the weekends where I had nothing to do                                                                                       Now I await the days with names

Naeun:I like that it’s two of us now. I like that we’re together                                                                                                           Wherever we are, whatever I’m doing with you

Naeun+Taemin: And amongst all those things, the thing I really, really, really want to do is                                                             That phrase, that phrase, “I love you"

"So, that was our song, the one we created together. I hope Sooyoung seon saeng-nim enjoys it. It does seem like a first love song." Naeun thought aloud. She looked at Taemin and sighed. "Lee Taemin, I want to do more with you. I want to cook food with you, go on a late night train ride to Choonchun, giving each other couple rings, go on a picnic, and get  a piggyback ride from you. But I can't. Lee Taemin, saranghae. You do so much for me and I really appreciate it. Thank you." Naeun suddenly reached out to kiss Taemin's cheek. 

Taemin blushed and shook his head. "We will. One day, we'll do all this stuff. Stay hopeful, Naeun-ah." He ruffled her forehead and looked at the time. 12:00 AM. 

"Happy birthday, Son Naeun." Taemin hugged her tightly. 

"Komawo. I'll do something even better than this for your birthday, if it's possible. If not, I'll make sure Jessica unnie, Luna, Onew oppa, and Krystal will plan something for me." Naeun giggled. 

"Yah! You better not do anything like this! I'll be so mortified." Taemin chuckled.

"Then, I'll make sure I do this." Naeun teased. She began to laugh uncontrollably as Taemin pouted. A monitor began to beep loudly and Taemin stood up, alarmed. It was  the blood pressure detector.

"Naeun, you have low blood pressure! I'll be back!" Taemin shouted.

"Oppa, be careful." Naeun whispered. Taemin hurriedly pressed a button that would signal a doctor to come to Naeun's room. Then he rushed to Naeun's side and held her hand.

"Naeun-ah, take deep breaths. Lay down. Are you coughing? Yes, you are. Here drink some water." Taemin became garrulous to conceal his fright. Was this the end? 

Naeun's face began to turn purple and she gestured to the oxygen mask. Taemin scrambled to put it on, despite his lack of experience. Once the oxygen mask was fastened to her, Naeun began to breath heavily and she let out a small cry. Taemin watched helplessly and looked at the door. He turned to Naeun again and smiled at her. 

"Naeun-ah, saranghae." Taemin kissed her gently and a tear slipped out of his eye.

*The song is "What I Would Do If I Had a Lover" by B2ST's Yoseob and 4Minute's Gayoon.

http://alwaysbeast.com/lyrics/features-collaborations/what-i-would-do-if-i-had-a-lover-yoseob-feat-4minutes-gayoon/