It's Not All Bad

Eternal

10 Years Later.....

"HYUNG! What are you doing? We'll be late!" A young man urged, pulling another man from the kitchen. 

"Taemin, I want to bake something for our classmates. Who cares if we're late? Once they see these cookies, then our classmates will forget about us being late." The other man proudly explained. 

"Aiish, Jessica noona will kill you." Taemin mumbled to himself. 

"Can you tell her to come downstairs? I can't find the eggs." 

Taemin chuckled and called Jessica from the bottom of the stairs. Jessica rushed down the stairs, one hand plastered to her ear. 

"Yes. Manager unnie! Thank you so much! You know how important this day is for me!" Jessica cheered as she walked into the kitchen. 

"ONEW! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Unnie, I'll talk to you later. Komawo." Jessica hung up and hurried to help Onew. All of the contents in the refrigerator had been taken out and spread around the counter. 

"Both you and Taemin had the same reaction." Onew chuckled, taking the eggs. "Yeobo, we should really organize our kitchen." 

Jessica glared at him and hurried to put away the items into the refrigerator with Taemin's assistance. 

"Taemin, where is the reunion taking place again?" Jessica asked. 

"In our school." Taemin replied. 

"Okay. We'll let Onew finish this and then we'll leave." Jessica stated, closing the refrigerator door. 

"Aigoo...my wife is so sweet!" Onew pinched Jessica's cheeks. Jessica pushed away his hands and sat down next to Taemin. 

"Taeminnie, how's your recording going?" Jessica wondered. 

"Alright. All of the songs have the potential to be a title track, in my opinion. Based on that, I think that once the EP is released, it'll do well digitally." Taemin responded. 

Jessica nodded in approval. "I'll be sure to purchase copies of the EP when it comes out." 

"Noona, it's not necessary. I enjoy singing and I'm not singing to earn money. I have fans to buy my merchandise." Taemin said. 

"Yah, I can't be your fan?" Jessica mocked distress. 

Taemin shook his head and smiled. 

~~~

"Is everyone here, Luna?" A woman asked. 

"Aniyo. Taemin-ssi, Jessica unnie, and Onew oppa are missing." Luna replied. "I don't think they are coming, so let's just cut the cake without them." 

"Yah, Luna Park! How dare you cut the cake without us!" Jessica yelled from the entrance of the school. The 87th Reunion of Incheon Arts School was taking place outside. 

"Unnie!" Luna rushed to hug Jessica. She broke free from Jessica and then shook hands with Onew and Taemin. 

"It hasn't been too long since you've seen each other, right?" Onew gestured to Taemin and Luna. Both Taemin and Luna became singers and signed to the same label, so they see other often.

"Actually, I've been in Japan lately, so I haven't seen him for a couple of months." Luna said. "So, what have you been doing, Jessica unnie? Onew oppa, you're still an MC/comedian, right?" 

Onew nodded. "Yes, I still love being what I am." 

"I am actually a model." Jessica replied. 

"Jinjja? I thought I saw you a few times in magazines." Luna chuckled. 

"Okay, let's cut the cake now and eat the cookies I made! We can talk later!" Onew goaded. 

"Yes, we should." Taemin agreed. He glanced at the entrance once more, before turning away. 

~~~

"This was fun." Jessica smiled and observed all her classmates. 

"Luna-ssi, you should move closer to us. That way, we can see you more often!" Taemin pointed out.

"Actually, that would be a smarter idea because Incheon has an airport that I always go to." Luna laughed.

"Unnie! Let's do that, okay? I'll help you later. Ji Hyo unni told me that our line reading was cancelled today. I'm starring in a new drama." Krystal said. 

"Krystal-ah, how can we do it today? I need to find a place and check with my manager and label." Luna chuckled.

"It won't take long for them to agree. Let's find a place then. Okay?" Krystal said. Luna nodded and the matter was settled.

"Annyeong haseyo. Is this the reunion for Incheon Arts School?" A woman asked. Taemin froze. He turned around to see a beautiful woman with long, black hair staring at everyone.

"Son Naeun?" Someone called out.

"Naeun?" Jessica, Krystal, Luna, and Onew stood up eager to see her. Taemin, however, was stuck in his seat. He was able to hear her though.

"Annyeong!" Naeun smiled brightly. "How have you all been?"

"We're great. Luna's a singer. Krys is an actress. Onew and I are married, but you know that. I'm a model. Onew's an MC. What about you, Naeun? Is your health okay? How were you able to come? Eunji unnie said that you were being treated in Germany." Jessica shared.

"I'll tell you what has happened for the past ten years. I'm sorry I wasn't able to contact you much. I was treated in Germany, after the result of my diminishing health in South Korea, for about two years or so, until the doctors deemed that the tumor would be stuck in my body, but I would still live. However, later it was found that the tumor could be removed. So, I returned to the hospital and I had a surgery done to remove the cancer tumor. I am now cancer-free and just like the rest of you. It was time for me to think about my future. Because of the cancer I had, I learned many cancer-related terms. So, I decided to study oncology. I'm an oncologist, now. My dreams of a singer are not dead, but I just sing as a passtime, now." Naeun explained.

"Congratulations, Naeun." Luna hugged Naeun. Various compliments were thrown at Naeun and she thanked each person sincerely. 

However, due to the crowd around her, Naeun was unable to see that one person. Finally, she turned to Krystal, the closest friend near her, and questioned, "Krystal, Taemin didn't come? The biggest reason I came was because of him. I don't see him anywhere."

Krystal smiled and pointed at a man standing afar. Naeun walked closer to the person and he immediately turned around to look at her. They stared at each other for a moment, taking in each other's new appearance. 

"Son Naeun." Taemin whispered.

"Taemin oppa." Naeun smiled. 

Taemin took her into his arms and never let go.

Author's Note:

Hello readers! 

I apologize for the late update! 

I hope everyone liked this chapter!