Paired

Eternal

"Now, I'm going to pair you students based on your style of singing. For example, if two people in this class have low voices that sound alike or if two students have voices that sound nice together, then they will most likely be partners. With your partner will be used to make your own composition and lyrics. Of course, I will give you a topic in which your lyrics around. Here are your partners: Jessica and Kikwang, Sun and James, Eunjung and Jiyeon, Hyorin and Dasom, Taemin and Naeun, Jonghyun and Jieun..." Sooyoung explained, looking at her students' mixed reactions.

Naeun opened in shock. Was she really paired with Taemin? Now, Taemin would see how boring and awkward she was. She smiled politely at Taemin.

On the other hand, Taemin was extremely happy to know that he could finally show his vocal talent to Naeun. However, he had noticed that Naeun wasn't as happy as he hoped she would be and quickly his smile disappeared.

"Taemin-ssi, It's nice to be partners with you, now that we are friends." Naeun began.

"Ne. I wonder what topic we are going to get." Taemin thought aloud. As the two brainstormed what topic they were going to get, the teacher walked towards them with a box.

"Taemin, please pick a piece of paper from this box without looking." Sooyoung ordered. Taemin obeyed. "Now tell me what it is."

Taemin blushed immediately after reading it. "We got 'First Love' seon-saeng nim." Naeun turned red in the cheeks and looked away.

How perfect.Naeun thought.

"Naeun, do you like this topic?" Sooyoung asked.

"Uh-Ne....Ne. I think it's a cute topic and I can relate to it." Naeun answered.

"Jinjja? I can too. This will be a good topic for us then." Taemin said.

Naeun nodded and they read over the directions of the assignment thoroughly.

At Lunch....

Naeun looked around the cafeteria for Jessica or Onew. They were the people she sat with usually. However, since Jessica and Onew were a couple and Naeun didn't want to disturb them, she would sit with Bora and Luna, her other close friends.

"Naeun-ah!" Jessica waved furiously. Naeun walked towards Jessica and sat down next to her.

"Hey Naeunnie." Onew smiled.

"Annyeong, Onew oppa." Naeun greeted.

"So, what topic did you get for the vocal assignment?" Jessica asked curiously.

Naeun blushed.

"It must be something wonderful, if you're blushing!" Jessica exclaimed, ruffling Naeun's hair.

"I got First Love." Naeun admitted.

"Aigoo...that's just for you!!! Who's your partner again? I forgot."

"Taemin-ssi."

"Jinjja? Taemin is your partner?" Onew exclaimed in shock.

"Ne." Naeun confirmed.

"Aigoo..." Onew grinned widely. Jessica stared at him strangely.

"I'll tell you later." Onew whispered into Jessica's ear. She nodded, as Naeun rolled her eyes and began to eat her lunch.

"Anyways, Naeun, do you have a phone yet?" Jessica asked.

"Ani."

"Naeun-ah, you need one! What if you get lost and you need help?" Jessica urged.

"I have a map for that. And I won't get lost." Naeun smiled.

"Aiish. You're so old-fashioned." Jessica groaned. Naeun giggled.

"Onew hyung, can I sit here?" Someone asked.

"Sure, Taeminnie." Onew said. Naeun saw Taemin take a seat next to her and blushed for almost the 8th time that day.

"Annyeong, Naeun." Taemin smiled. "Annyeong, Noona."

"Annyeong haseyo, Taemin-ssi." Naeun greeted.

"Annyeong, Taemin-ah. I heard you and Naeun are partners for Vocals class." Jessica said.

"Ne. We are."

"Well, good luck with the assignment." Jessica said, turning to Onew.

As Onew and Jessica talked, Naeun and Taemin awkwardly ate their lunch in silence. Finally Taemin spoke.

"Naeun, what's your favorite color?"

"White, Taemin-ssi."

"Naeun! Stop with the formalties! We're friends!"

"Mianhae. I'm used to using honorifics."

"You don't have to with me." Taemin said.

"Ne."

"My favorite color's white too!" Taemin suddenly exclaimed, getting on topic.

"What a coincidence." Naeun smiled.

The two continued talking about their likes and dislikes and found out they were very similar.

"Oh, I have to go to my next class." Taemin said, looking at the clock on the wall.

"Well, bye then." Naeun waved as Taemin left saying goodbye to the three.

~~~~

"Unnie! I'm home." Naeun called out to Eunji.

"Naeun-ah, can you come here?" Eunji called from the kitchen. Naeun walked to her sister, only to find her with flour all over her face and clothes.

"Unnie! What happened?" Naeun questioned.

"I wanted to make something for Taemin-ssi and Sunny because they're going to be the only ones home for a few days because their parents are going somewhere." Eunji said, getting up and dusting the flour from her clothes and hair.

"I can help." Naeun offered. Eunji smiled and soon enough, a dak galbi was cooked.

"Thank you, Naeunnie!" Eunji hugged her sister. "You're awesome. I'll just go and give this to them."

"Aniyo. I want to give it to them." Naeun said. She wanted to see Taemin, and this would be a good excuse.

"Sure." Eunji handed the dak galbi to Naeun. Naeun carefully took it and placed it in a bag. Then she headed out the door.

~~~~~

"Taemin-ah! Get the door!" Sunny called from the kitchen.

"Ne!" Taemin jumped down from the couch and rushed to the door. He flung the door open and was shocked to see Naeun standing there.

"Annyeong haseyo, Taemin-ssi. Eunji unnie and I made dak galbi for you and Sunny unnie. Here you go." Naeun handed the bag to Taemin.

"Thank you very much Naeun. Do you want to come in?" Taemin asked.

"Yah, you tell people to come in. You don't ask them if they want to come in." Sunny groaned, as Naeun laughed. "Come in, Naeun."

"Ani, I can't unnie. I have lots of homework to do." Naeun politely refused.

"That's okay." Sunny smiled.

"Naeun, when do you want to start working on our assignment?" Taemin asked.

"Tomorrow during lunch? I have free period tomorrow right after lunch." Naeun suggested.

"Yes! That's a good time. I have free period tomorrow after lunch too."

"Annyeong. See you tomorrow." Naeun said goodbye to Taemin and Sunny.

Son Naeun! You're getting better at dealing with Taemin moments!  Naeun thought to herself. 1,2,3 Naeun fighting!

Author's Note:

Annyeong!~

How is everyone?

What did you think about this chapter? I hope it's not boring!

Thank you for subscribing to those who subscribed.