Working Together

Eternal

Naeun stepped outside and sat down at a bench near the cafeteria where Taemin was supposed to meet her. She checked the time and saw that she was five minutes early.

After 20 minutes of waiting, Naeun stood up.

Taemin probably forgot.Naeun sighed. I'm just another girl to him so what does it matter that I have to wait for him. He knows I have nothing better to do.

Just then, Taemin came sprinting towards her and Naeun put her things back down on the bench.

"Naeun, I am so sorry..." Taemin began breathlessly. "I had to stay after class to help Lee seon-saeng nim do something. I didn't forget."

"That's alright. Lets get started." Naeun forgave.

Wow, you're amazing, Naeun-ah. No other person would be okay with me being late. Taemin thought.

The two began to work on a tune for their song.

"I was thinking that we work on the tune and lyrics as much as we can today. Then we split up and one of us finishes up the tune and the other works on the lyrics. Then maybe a week or so from now, we meet up again with the product." Taemin suggested.

"Uhh...ne. Who's going to do what?" Naeun asked.

Taemin thought for a few minutes before answering.

"I'm not good with words, but I can think of pretty good tunes. This song should be a ballad, right?"

"Ne. I think the song should be a ballad. So, I'll do the lyrics and you can do the tuning." Naeun said. Taemin nodded in approval.

The two began to work.

After school..

Naeun sighed and threw her paper away. She couldn't think of any ideas.

Giving up, she thought of Taemin instead. If he ever liked her, they would do so much together. She thought of all the couple accessories they would buy, and the fun places they would go.

Taemin-ssi, how I wish I could do these things with you....Naeun thought. Suddenly, she got an idea and began to write.

~~~~

"Noona, what do I do? Naeun will have already finished the lyrics and she'll laugh at me for not having the tune." Taemin complained to Sunny.

"Taemin-ah, you just have to think. I'm sure you'll find something. Naeun will never laugh at you." Sunny replied.

Taemin mumbled to himself and the television. He watched as a boy group called Super Junior perform "Mr.Simple". He hummed along with the song and somehow from that, he hummed something drastically different.

Suddenly, he stood up and reached for his phone and recorded the tune on his phone. He smiled and began to hum some more, in satisfaction.

~~~

A  week later.....

"Taemin, how's your work going?" Naeun asked, sitting down in her seat. Naeun had become more comfortable in confronting Taemin after speaking to him daily.

"Great. I'm almost done. Just a bit more. You?"

"Good. I would have to adjust my lyrics a bit in case it doesn't fit in with your tune."

"Jinjja? I'm basically done, so should we just meet up during lunch and you can listen to what I did and see if it matches with your lyrics."

"Sure. Okay, be quiet. Class started." Taemin smiled at how focused  Naeun was on class.

~~~~

"Taemin-ssi!" Naeun called, waving her hands back and forth.

"Naeun-ah, you still are so formal with me! We're close friends now! Why are you like this?" Taemin chuckled. Naeun blushed at the fact that Taemin thought of her as a close friend. Suddenly, she had a coughing fit. Finally, she stopped and saw Taemin staring at her.

"Naeun, are you alright?" Taemin asked, with concern.

"Ne. I probably just have a cold. Its getting colder, so." Naeun smiled. Her yearly colds were starting again and frankly, she was tired of them.

Taemin took out his phone and played the tune for Naeun to listen.

"Wow, Taemin-ssi, this is beautiful. Let's sing it with the lyrics now." Naeun said. She pointed the color-coded lyrics, the blue lines for herself and green for Taemin. Naeun began to sing and soon Taemin joined in. They sounded nice and something unbelievable occurred as they ended the small verse.

"Naeun-ah, did you already know the tune before you read the lyrics? They fit so perfectly." Taemin said, with utter shock.

"Aniyo. I don't know how this could've happened. I had no idea that your tune and my lyrics had such similarity." Naeun said with equal shock.

"Wow, this is amazing. Now, I think we need to just sing the song and play it on an actual instrument instead of just my voice. A piano would suit this. I don't know how to play the piano. Do you?"

"Ne. I can take home the tune and record myself playing the piano."

"Take home the tune? Then you'll be taking home my phone!" Taemin said, laughing.

Naeun blushed. Pabo! Think!Naeun admonished herself.

"Mianhae." Naeun said. " Do you want to come over to my house and then I'll play the tune later and you can record it on your phone. Did you write the music for it?"

"Ne. That's a good idea. Here." Taemin said, handing her a sheet of paper.

"Thank you. I have to get going. My piano class is starting soon. Annyeong! See you at my house! We'll walk home together. Meet me here at the front door." Naeun smiled at Taemin and rushed away. Taemin observed her straight, black hair that flowed down her shoulders.

She's so pretty....Taemin thought. Naeun-ah, when will we be together? Taemin sighed.