First Day

Eternal

"Umma, appa I'll see you after school. Annyeong unnie." Naeun excitedly said goodbye to her parents as she left for her first day of 2nd year in Incheon Arts School.

"Naeun-ah, wait. You have a lot of time before school starts. Remember appa and I have to be at the office today so unnie will be home." Naeun's mother chuckled at her daughter. Naeun's parents were both doctors so, their work schedules were unexpected.

"Ani, umma. I have to go. Jessica unnie says that we'll be handed our schedules before school starts. I must go." Naeun argued.

"Arasso. Be careful. Annyeong!"

~~~~

When Naeun reached her school, she saw a small line at the attendance office.

That must be where we're being handed our schedules,Naeun thought as she raced to the line. Coincidentally,  Naeun's friend Jessica was right in front of her.

"Unnie!" Naeun exclaimed.

"Naeunnie!!!!" Jessica shouted and hugged Naeun tightly.

"Its been so long. How are you?"

"Great. You?"

"Good. How is Onew oppa?"

"Great. I can't wait to see our schedules. I hope we have-" Jessica was interrupted by a crowd of girls screaming something. Naeun looked around to see who they were crowding around. Her heartbeat skipped beats when she saw who it was. Lee Taemin, her crush. She tried to get a glimpse of him, but he was too covered.

"Omo. Its Taemin! Now I understand this crowd. Taemin's pretty cute, I guess..." Jessica commented. Naeun felt herself nodding.

"Son Naeun?" the woman at the attendance office asked. Naeun stood up immediately and went to the desk.

"Ne?"

"Here's your schedule. Please enjoy your 2nd year in Incheon Arts School."

"Thank you." Naeun bowed and took he schedule. "Unnie, what classes do you have?"

" Here, lets check."

"We have Vocals, piano, and dance together." Naeun excitedly jumped and down. 

"How is that possible? I'm in 3rd year." Jessica asked, confused.

"I'm in a higher level for these classes, so I'm in a higher year for these classes. So is Lee Taemin." Naeun explained.

~~~~

In the distance, someone was watching Naeun as she was jumping up and down.

"Taeminnie, go and talk to her if you like her." Onew said, pushing Taemin towards Naeun.

"Ani. What are you talking about? I can't do that. Naeun will never like me." Taemin said, sighing. Pretty, innocent, smart, Naeun will never accept him. Taemin said farewell to his friend and headed on to his Vocals class.

~~~~

"Annyeong haseyo, Choi Sooyoung imnida. I am your vocals teacher. Please feel free to call me Sooyoung-ssi. I am in my 4th year, but have skipped a year in singing, so I am now a student teacher in vocals. Now, each of one of you when I call your name please say something you about yourself and what you would like us to call you. Jessica Jung."

"Annyeong haseyo, Jessica Jung imnida! Please call me Jessica and I am from California." Jessica waved energetically  to the class. Everyone looked at her admirably when she stated that she was from the States. 

"Thank you. Son Naeun." Sooyoung called out.

Naeun timidly got up and said, "Annyeong haseyo, Son Naeun imnida. I like to read and you can call me Naeun. Thank you." Taemin immediately looked up from his doodling. It was really Naeun! Taemin's eyes twinkled with happiness.

"Thank you, Naeun. Lee Taemin."

Lee Taemin is in my class? Naeun thought excitedly. She looked around and saw him smiling sweetly at the class.

"Annyeong, I'm Lee Taemin. I'm a very easy-going person and you can call me Taemin." Taemin said, and the girls excluding Naeun and Jessica, began to cheer. Taemin rolled his eyes and looked at Naeun to see if she was cheering. He smiled when he saw she wasn't.

"Lee Kikwang."

"Annyeong, Lee Kikwang imnida. I love to sing and dance. You can call me AJ, if you want." Once again, the girls excluding Jessica and Naeun, began to fangirl. Taemin smirked at how easily they switched from one guy to another.

"Thank you everyone. Now, with seating. Son Naeun, please sit in the front row, middle desk. Lee Taemin, to the right of her. Jessica Jung, behind Taemin. Next to Jessica, Lee Kikwang....." Sooyoung said. Naeun eagery went to her seat.

Next to Taemin....wow.....I'm so lucky.....She thought.

Kyaaa~! Naeun-ah! I'm sitting next to you. I never thought I'd get this chance. Taemin thought, sitting down. He mustered up courage and slowly said, "Annyeong. My name's Taemin. I hope we become friends. You're Naeun, right?" He made sure to ask if she was Naeun casually.

He knows my name!! Naeun thought.

"Naeun?" Taemin waved his hands in her face, which broke her thought.

"Oh, Mianhae. Ne, my name is Naeun. I-I hope we become friends, too." Naeun stuttered. She mentally sighed. Why was she acting so stupid in front of Taemin. Pabo, pabo, Taemin doesn't even know you and now you left a bad impression. Naeun scolded herself.

"Guys, I'm glad you're getting to know each other, but settle down. I want to hear what kind of voices you have. Who would like to go first?" Sooyoung asked, hoping for volunteers.

Should I volunteer? I do want to show my skills. But what if I sing horribly? Aniyo. Son Naeun, fighting! Naeun thought and raised her hand. Her face turned red when she saw no one else was raising their hand. Taemin smiled at her adorable face, when she noticed that no one's hand was in the air.

"Naeun! Finally. Thank you for volunteering. Now, please pick any song you want and sing it acapella." Naeun nodded and began to sing.

Geudeman bomyo soinneun gollyo
I sarang huen nan jal moreugessoyo
Aju orin aiga hangsang geurohadeushi
Jigeum isun gan ttaseuhi anajulleyo

She paused and ended the song. The class applauded appreciatively and Naeun blushed and rushed back to her seat. 

"Wow, Naeun. You have such a sweet, yet powerful voice. Keep this voice up and you'll get a good score on your presentations." Sooyoung complimented. In her mind, she could see that Naeun had the potential of a even more powerful singer, but she noticed that Naeun seemed very shy. Meanwhile, Taemin widened his eyes. He never knew Naeun could sing this well.

Wow...her voice is as pretty as her....I want to do a duet with her.Taemin wished.

 

Author's Note:

Annyeong everyone!^^

Thank you for subscribing to my first subscribers! This means a lot to me! I would appreciate if more of you subscribe and comment!

What did you think of the first chapter? A bit boring? If it was, sorry. I'll try to improve. :3