Chapter.24

The Hunger Games (Exo addition)

"Well,not what I expected.But I'll work with it",Kris said and then nodded to Chen.

"Kai...stop!What are you doing?!",I yelled but he ignored me.

Chen pulled off Kai's shirt and pushed him towards a tree.Chen tied his hands behind around the tree with his shirt.I tried to struggle out of Kris's grip but he didn't budge.The Korean team watched in horror as Chen bought out a whip out from his backpack.

"Leave him alone!Kai get up!",I screamed.Kai still didn't listen and sat still,tied to the tree

Chen pulled his arm back and then swished the whip to Kai's .Kai hissed and gritted his teeth from pain.I can't watch!

I turned my head away but Kris grabbed my chin and turned it back.Chen whipped Kai again and blood started to form on his back.I closed my eyes and I could still hear Kai's hissing and yelping.I shook my head and tried to block out Kai's screams.

I opened my eyes again and saw multiple slashs on Kai's back.I then saw Baekhyun wake up from his unconciousness and tackle Chen to the ground.A fight broke out between them and the Chinese went to help Chen.Suho and D.O ran over to help Kai and get him away from the whip.Sehun ran over and punched out Kris to the floor.

"You okay?",Sehun asked.I nodded but then ran over to Kai.

I was stopped by Xiumin who grabbed my wrist and twisted.I could feel him twisting it round and round and yelped.D.O ran over and punched out Xiumin who then fell to the floor.Suho grabbed his sword and then slashed Chen down the middle.Chen dropped to the ground,dead with blood everywhere.Tao got punched out by Chanyeol who had now become angry from hurting Kai.

I looked at Suho and saw that he looked shocked from his own actions.Blood was spluttered on his hands and it wasn't his own.Suho dropped his sword to the ground and was silent.

"Come on Suho!We need to go before they wake up",Baekhyun said while pulling Suho away.

Chanyeol carried the injuried Kai on his back while the rest of us ran.We followed Baekhyun since he seemed to know where he was going.I kept on looking at Kai and I felt so guilty.I saw the blood on his back and it looked extremely painful.He looked like he was about to pass out and was in extreme pain.

We reached a lake and a cave was beside it.It look secure so we decided to go in and take it as our rest place.

"Everyone here?",Baekhyun asked.We all replied.

Chanyeol laid Kai down on the sand with his back facing up.Sehun and Baekhyun sat down together because their stings were acting up again.Suho and D.O sat beside each other,panting.I felt bad for all this and wanted to help in any way I could.

"Baekhyun,Sehun I'm gonna treat your stings okay?",I asked.They both nodded and I brought out the leaves.

I rolled up their sleeves and started to chew the leaves.I squeezed out the paste from them and planted them on their stings.I rubbed it in and their wounds were now covered in it.

"Just leaves that on for about three hours",I said and they nodded.

Baekhyun then reached out and touched my swollen cheek.I winced from the pain and Baekhyun looked worried.

"Your cheek looks painful",Baekhyun said worriedly.

I ignored him and walked over to Suho and D.O.Suho looked tramatized from killing Chen and wasn't looking too good.I know how he feels.

"Suho",I called.He looked up and he looked very concerned and scared.I kneeled down to him and hugged him.I tried to make him feel better because I know the feeling of hatred in yourself and fear.

"Don't worry,you were angry.Chen would have done the same if you were hurting his teammate",I comforted.

"But....I'm not a murderer",Suho whimpered.I patted his back and pulled away to look at his worried face.

"D.O,take Suho down to the lake and clean the blood off him.And make sure to fill up the waterbottles okay?",I instructed and D.O nodded.

When D.O passed me,he looked into my eyes with concern and worry.I tried to avoid his eyes but failed as they went into mine.

He pulled Suho up and disappeared out from the cave.I turned to Kai and saw that Chanyeol was trying to calm him down.I walked over and sat beside Chanyeol.

"Do you have anything that could calm down the pain?",Chanyeol asked me.

"Can you go fill up my waterbottle?I need to atleast make sure his cuts stay clean",I said.Chanyeol nodded and walked out with my bottle.

Sehun and Baekhyun laid down and fell asleep with the leaf paste still on their stings.It was now quiet in the cave besides some dripping from the ceiling.I looked at Kai's face and saw he was sweating and panting.

"Why did you do it Kai?",I whispered.

Kai opened his eyes and looked at me with pain in his eyes.He then shakily lifted his hand and placed it on my injuried cheek.He used his thumb to it slowly.

"I might as well say it now because I may never get to.I love you Junki",Kai confessed.

I froze in my spot and the sentence replayed in my head.He.....loves me?!

"I know your with D.O now,but I thought I might as well say it before there is no time left",Kai said.

I felt bad for not being able to return his feelings.I thought I might as well try and make him feel better.I ducked my head under and pressed my lips against his.He was surprised from the sudden action and didn't move at all.I pulled back and laughed at his reaction.

"W-What was that for?",He stuttered.

"Well I can't return your feelings,so I just wanted to show you that I appreciate you having a..liking to me?I don't know....",I shrugged.

Kai wore a major blush on his cheeks and he seemed to forget his injury on his back.He then smiled up at me and took my hand in his.

"Thank you",he said.I smiled at him and nodded."I may not be able to make you happy like D.O,but I'll stay beside you".

Chanyeol walked back in with a full waterbottle and sat beside me.He handed me it and I thanked him.

"Now Kai,this is gonna hurt",I warned.Kai nodded and squeezed my hand tightly.

I slowly poured the water on to his back and Kai screeched.His shoulders shook in pain and it made my heart ache to see him like this.Chanyeol held down his arms so that he couldn't thrash about so much.

After a while,Kai passed out from exhaustion and I finished pouring the water.I stopped and put the cap back on.I grabbed Kai's t-shirt and started to wipe away the blood.I reminded myself to wash it after in the lake and get some leaves to bandage up his cuts.

Chanyeol sat beside me and watched as I treated Kai's injuries.He kept on staring at me and I turned to him,to meet his gaze.

"He really likes you.Before the games,he would talk about you a lot.That's why he took the torture for you",Chanyeol stated.I looked down.

"I know and I feel bad for not being able to feel the same....",I said and looked at Kai's peaceful face.

He could have any girl he wanted,but why does he have to like me?!An ugly,short unintelligent girl like me?!

I then felt a hand on my head and slightly ruffling my hair.I turned and saw Chanyeol chuckling while staring at me.

"Your a good kid Junki.I can see why D.O,Kai and your little brother like you so much",Chanyeol said."I hope you make D.O happy and not push Kai away too much.It would break his heart".

I smiled and nodded.

"I'll try".