Chapter.1

The Hunger Games (Exo addition)
"NOONA!!!!",yelled a voice.I quickly rushed to the room where the voice came from.I ran in and saw my little brother,holding his head and was panting heavily.
 
"Zelo!Whats wrong?!",I panicked as I ran over to him.He threw his arms around my neck and hugged me close.
 
"Noona,it was me.I was chosen...",He said as he trembled.I sighed in relief.I hugged him tight to try and make him feel better.
 
"Zelo it was just a dream.They're never gonna pick you,your name has only been in there once",I said as pushed him under his ragged blanket.
 
We weren't rich,In fact we were below poor.We had a broken down shack that we called home.I had to take care of my little brother Zelo by myself.He is only 14 and I'm 16.Our parents abandoned us when were only young and I had to raise Zelo on my own.But that happens a lot in District 7.
 
District 7 is the last district in Korea and we are probably the poorest district.So all families in this district are poor.I try my best to keep Zelo and I living by hunting in woods.
 
Why are we so poor?
 
Because the head of South Korea and China take everything for themselves.I'm not sure about China's districts,but we are all poor.Yes it's a hard life,but we manage....barely.
 
"Noona,can you stay for a while?",Zelo asked while gripping his rags.I smiled slightly and nodded.I grabbed the chair beside his desk and sat on it,beside Zelo's bed.He smiled at me and closed his eyes.
 
I watched him for a while and he fell fast asleep.I got up from the chair and walked out Zelo's room,quietly.I walked to the front door and grabbed my ripped coat that was hanging up.I put it on and opened the front door.I looked back at our shack,we call a house.I shook my head and walked out.
 
As soon as you step out,you see other broken down shacks that are people's houses.I walked on to the road and headed towards the woods.Many people passed by that were as poor as me.They looked skinny and tired.Not much food was found around here.You'd only see the odd chicken but that was it.
 
I'm Junki.I live in District 7 with my one and only brother,Zelo.I'm basically the mother and father to Zelo and all we have,is each other.
 
The Hunger Games are starting this evening and it was nerve wrecking.Every child here was so worried they would be picked,even me.I have never gone before,neither has my brother Zelo.But I always worry that he might get picked....
 
Our country has never won The Hunger Games in years.It was always China because they were always trained especially for the games.While us Koreans,don't have the money or strength to train.China are wealthier,fitter,stronger and better than us.
 
Once I reached the entrance to the woods,there was the electric fence separating us.I listened carefully to hear if it was or not.You could usually here the buzzing from it,but as usual it was turned off.It hasn't been for years,but you can never be too careful.
 
I crouched under the fence and entered the woods.It was quiet and sounded like a ghost town.I walked to my usual tree and pulled out my hand-made bow and arrow.It was the only thing I had to hunt and I made it especially for hunting.
 
I put the arrows on my back and held my bow in my right hand.I walked quietly threw the woods,trying to find anything that would be suitable to eat.I walked to a near by lake and heard slight movement.I quickly hid myself from view behind a boulder.I peeked out and saw a clueless deer,drinking from the lake.I aimed my arrow at it and waited for the right time and was just about to release my arrow when....
 
"TRYING TO SHOOT SOMETHING?!".
 
The deer ran away and I tried to fire at it,but missed it.The deer disappeared and was no where in sight.I turned around and glared at the person who shouted out.
 
"Damn you Key!",I yelled angrily.Key laughed at me while walking towards me with his bow and arrow.
 
"It's not funny!",I yelled again while crossing my arms.
 
"What are you going to do with that huge deer Junki?",he asked while smiling evilly.He grabbed my bow and started to examine it carefully.
 
"I was going to either eat it,or sell it!",I said while grabbing back my bow.Key rolled his eyes and crossed his arms diva like.
 
Key or Kibum,is my best friend.We've been friends since very young and we always go hunting together.He's an extreme diva and cares more for Zelo,more than I do.He has a little brother called Taemin who he loves dearly,and his parents abandoned them both too.So we're quite a-like.Taemin is the same age as Zelo and they both are best friends also.
 
We sat in the yellow field,watching the trees sway from side to side.This was our spot and we always come here together after a day's of hunting.
 
"So...how many times has your name been entered in the bowl?",I asked out of the blue.We couldn't ignore the fact that we were both worried for each other.
 
"42.Guess the odds aren't exactly in my favour...",Key said while looking into the distance.I never realised how many times he's asked for food from the head of Korea,which causes your name to be entered into the bowl for the games."What about you?".
 
"I don't know...I think 12?Zelo's has only been entered once.What about Taemin?",I asked him.I only asked for food sometimes when we were desperate.And Zelo only asked once.
 
"Twice.I don't really worry about him too much.....",Key said."You should go home,get Zelo ready".
 
I hesitated but stood up,pulling him up along with me.
 
"I'll see you there then....",I said.Key nodded.There was nothing else to say so I walked back to the house.
 
I went past the market and decided I should get something to at least nibble on for Zelo.I walked in and saw many people were rushing about,most likely for the games.I walked to the food section and took 2 crackers that should last at least a day.I walked to the old woman running the stall and I brought out the edible berries that I found on the way.I handed them over to her.
 
"Thank you dear",the woman said.I nodded with a smile and was about to walk off,until I saw something shining in my eye.I looked over to the source and saw a pin,with a bird on an arrow.
 
"What's this?",I asked curiously.The woman looked up at me and then to the pin.
 
"It's a mockingjay pin...",she answered.It might be a nice thing to give Zelo.
 
"How much?",I asked.The woman looked as if she was thinking.
 
"Y-You keep it.It won't sell anyway and it suits your eyes",she said while smiling.
 
"Thank you..",I said.I smiled at the woman and then started to walk home,to Zelo.