Chapter 3 (Under Construction)

The School's Heartbreaker Lives With Me? (Under Construction)

KEY POV

   I read the note and then I went upstairs to wak Hwa-Young up. After a lot of "leave me alone, I don't wanna wake up" 's, I succeded in waking her up. I then went to my washroom to wash my face and brush my teeth and change. When I went downstairs, I saw Hwa-Young already washed and dressed in a elbow length blue and white shirt that was very chic-ly tucked into light blue vintage rolled up denim shorts. Her hair was in a messy ponytail and she had slicked dark red lipgloss on her lips. She looked pretty cute. Hwa-Young was making toast and eggs, and after we quickly ate our breakfast, we left the house to start walking to the home store.

     On the way to the store, we passed by a blossoming fruit tree.

  "Wow, it's so pretty!" Hwa-Young said, and reached to go pick the most perfect, the most reddish blossom on the tree, but she couldn't reach. I was taller than her, so I plucked it off for her and placed it in her hair, behind her ear. "Thanks!" she smiled. One point for Key I thought, grinning to myself.

 When we reached the store, Hwa-Young walked right in and picked up a can of glossy red paint.

  "I'd like to buy this please" she said to the cashier and paid her.

"Wait, aren't you going to spend more time deciding?" I asked.

    "Nope!" Hwa-Young said, then grabbed my hand with the hand that wasn'tcarrying the paint can and flounced out of the store. My face turned red as I realized She's holding my hand...asdfghjklldkhdhdj!!!!

On our way home, we passed a stall selling ice cream.

 "Oh, let's get some ice cream, my treat!" I got chocolate ice cream while Hwa-Young ordered cinnamon and pecan ice-cream. "Have you ever tried that before?" I asked

  "Nope, I don't know if it will taste good either, but you should take some risks in life, no matter how small, to life your life well!" she chirped happily. Hwa-Young was very adventurous, I admired that about her.

  After we reached our home and finished our ice-cream, we went to Hwa-Young's room, put sheets on the furniture, opened the windows, (Hwa-Young almost forgot to do this, but I started nagging her, that the paint fumes could kill us if we didn't open the window and blah blah) and started opening the paint cans. Hwa-Young her radio so we could listen to music as we painted.

HWA-YOUNG POV

  While we were painting, the song "Secret' by Madonna came on and Key danced to it, purposely exagerrating the dance to make me laugh. It worked. Then, "Sorry Sorry" by Super Junior came on.

  "I heard around school that you're a good dancer" I said, making him blush. (His blushing was cute, I had to admit) "Can you show me?" I asked, purposely slipping some aegyo into the voice.

    "Okay, fine" he said, and started dancing to "Sorry Sorry". Wow...he was good. The energy and swiftness was really...wow....

 He is HOT when he dances I thought without thinking. Wait no! I can't think that! If I start liking him, the THING that happened with my last boyfriend might happen again. Ahn Hwa-Young does not date. I repeat Ahn Hwa-Young does not date! But I should still tell him that he was a good dancer.

 "You are so good!" I spazzed when he finished.

"Thanks" he smiled modestly.

  Then we got back to painting. I sneaked a glance at him, and smiled. He really was a nice guy.

 After we finished painting 2 hours later, we high fived.

     "I'm hungry!" Key whined a little in a cute way. I laughed.

"We have to make dinner today, remember?" I grabbed his hand and we ran downstairs to the kitchen.

 "What should we make?" Key asked.

    "I don't know, can you cook well?"

 Key seemed a little offended.

  "Of course I can! I'm a grand chef!" he said fake-arrogantly, making me laugh again. "What about you Hwa-Young?"

     "I'm pretty good myself, but I'm not a grand chef like you!" I joked with a hint of sarcasm.

"I want to make pizza!" Key suddenly said.

  So we set off making pizza. As he made the dough, I chopped up basil, tomatoes and I grated cheese.

 "OH @$&%^#!" I suddenly yelled. I sliced my hand with the knife I was using, the wound was pretty deep, and blood was coming out.

   "What's wrong?!" Key turned around. Without saying anything, he grabbed my un-injured hand and led me upstairs into the washroom, and took a white box out of a cupboard. He took out a roll of bandage, and expertly wrapped it around my hand, stemming the flow of blood. The whole thing was done in less than 2 minutes.

   "Wow, thanks! Your pretty good at this first aid stuff!" I said in amazement. He shrugged, and we went back down stairs. Thankfully, my left hand was cut, and I was right handed, so I could still help make the pizza. As we cooked, we talked about our hobbies, and things we liked, and our friends.

 "Jonghyun is loud and funny, I think you'll like him a lot! I'll introduce you to him!" Key chatted cheerfully, "And Taemin is a really good dancer, he won first place at the dance show last year!"

    Ding, the oven sounded, signalling that the pizza was ready. We took it out carefully, and sliced it into 12 slices. As we ate, we chatted more again. At the end of the day, when I went to my room and lay on the bed, I thought about the day. I think I could call Key a friend now.

KEY POV

 As I brushed my teeth before going to sleep, I was thinking. I thought of Hwa-Young as a friend now, but hopefully, one day, we could be more.