Chapter 16 (Under Construction)

The School's Heartbreaker Lives With Me? (Under Construction)

HWA-YOUNG

    When we arrived at the park, we carried our basket full of food up to a hill that was facing a clear, pristine little lake. It looked like a page from a fairytale, gorgeous flowers blooming everywhere, long, lush emerald grass, azure sky and a shining sun. The air also smelled like sunshine today!

      "Hey, look it's a orange lily...didn't you say they were your favorite flower?" Key asked as he picked it and gave it to me.

    "Yes, but how did you remember?" I asked, astonished. Key just shrugged and started to unpack the picnic basket.

Wow....I thought he really does care about people!

            After we unpacked our lunch, we sat down on our picnic blanket and ate sandwiches and fruit, while listening to the radio I brought with me.

  After we ate, we chewed bubblegum like we were kids again. Key made a huge bubble while making a funny face. I laughed.

We threw out the gum and went on a walk around the forest path on the park. I held his hand, because honestly, I'm terrified of forests. As we walked, Key pointed out the names of different plants, and facts about them.

     "Wow, you sure know a lot!" I marveled. He blushed.

 "When I was a kid, I joined boy scouts until my mom let me quit...it wasn't my thing!" We laughed.

        There was a certain flower that Key showed me. If you touched it's petals, a defence mechanism would shoot some of it's seeds at you. I gently touched a petal, then shrieked when seeds starting pelting me. Key snickered, while I threw him a fake-pout.

    When the walk was finished, we returned to the hill where we ate. While Key was examining a plant with my back turned to me, I felt mischiveous and jumped of his back, hugging my arms around his neck.

          "Yah, what are you doing?!"

  "Give me a piggyback ride!" I demanded. Key laughed and he did. Suddenly he tripped on a rock that was lying on the ground and both of us tumbled down on the ground, laughing hysterically. I really don't know why. We just both felt happy, being together I guess.

      "Hey, look!" I stopped giggling and I pointed to a little shack beside the lake. It was a little place to rent a canoe. "Do you want to row on the lake?"

         'Sure, sounds fun!" Both of us ran down the hill and opened the shack door. We talked to the guy in the shack and he said he;d rent us a wooden canoe for only $5 for an hour. We agreed, and we got the oars and we paddled out to the lake.

   "Have you ever went canoeing before?" Key asked me.

 "Um, no have you?"

         "No...but I think we're doing this the wrong way!" We were going in circles. Finally, we got the hang of it and rowed out. "Let's stop for now" Key suggested. We did, and I was looking at an old tree that was near the side of the lake. I was aware of Key watching me. I turned to him.

   "Hwa-Young, can I tell you something?" Key asked.

       "Sure, anything!"

"Okay, well a few days ago, Hae-Won and Mi-Ok told me about Chin-Hwa, and...the story"

   "Uh huh" I said, wondering he was getting on.

 "Well, I just wanted to say that I really like you and I would never, ever hurt you like Chin-Hwa did" My heart raced.

         "You really like me?" I asked. He nodded.

    I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him, right on the lips. It was 10x better than our first kiss, the accidental one. I swear, I heard fireworks explode even though it was the middle of the afternoon. He smelled amazing, and his lips were soft and smooth. It was beautiful, the water glittering around us, the trees from the lake side giving us shade, and the sun streaming down on us.

 After about 20 seconds of this, Key broke apart gently, but his face was still an inch away from mine.

   "Be my girlfriend?" he whispered.

 "Of course" I breathed and leaned in again.

 

=======================

This is not the last chappie, btw, I know a lot of fics end right after the couple gets together, but it's not the case for this :)