Chapter 12 (Under Construction)

The School's Heartbreaker Lives With Me? (Under Construction)

KEY POV

  I went back to my room and dressed in a simple white t-shirt with a grey blazer over it, and dark grey skinny jeans with black converse. When I finished getting changed, I sat on my bed and waited a little bit, then I heard a knock on my door and turned around. There was Hwa-Young, dressed in a bold red satiny spagettehi strapped dress that collected at her ribs and flowed down onwards, like a graceful callah lily. Her hair was wavy, and she pinned a single rose from the bouquet into her hair. She wore almost no makeup, just red lipstick, but her face was still white and clear and flawless. She looked beautiful.

    "You look great!" I said. She smiled her perfect smile.

  "Thanks, you do too"

    We got into the car and drove to Orchid. It was a beautiful, modern looking white building. We got our table and ordered. Our first course came, it tasted fantastic, a subtle blend of light flavours. We chatted like old friends.

 

 

    After we finished the best meal both of us had ever ate in our lives, we decided to go on a walk.

HWA-YOUNG

    There was a little park near Orchid so we decided to walk there. I shivered a little because it was cold, so Key took of his jacket and draped it around my shoulders. It smelled like him, clean and masculine, with a little bit of girly citrus. I breathed it in, if it didn't sound creepy, I'd admit that Key smelled really, really good.

        When we reached the park, I walked right over to the swings, sat down and kicked off my stiletto heels.

     "Key, push me!"

 "You don't know how to swing?" he asked in astonishment, "What did you do in your childhood?"

        "Um, I tie-dyed teeshirts using organic vegetable dye and I followed my parents to Vegan Conventions" I laughed, "Now give me a starting push!" He did and then walked in front of me to go to his swing. My hands slipped off the swing rope, and I started falling, falling.

  "AhHHhhh!!!!!!!" I screamed, and Key turned around and stuck his arms out to catch me. I fell into them, and we tumbled unto the soft grass. "Are you okay?!" I asked Key worriedly.

     "Well, I almost got killed, but I'm okay now" he said sarcastically and we both laughed. When we stopped, I stared at his eyes. They were mesmerisingly clear and liquid-ish. Without thinking, without remembering that we were in a public park, lying on top of each other, and that my dress had grass stains, I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

  "Thanks, not just for catching me, but for healing me" I whispered, then got up and smiled. He looked confused. I helped him up.

      "What are you talking about?" Key asked, confused. For one second, i considered telling him what I meant, by healing me, and telling him why I never dated...but...not now. I'd tell him later.

  "It's a secret!" I said not entirely joking, then grabbed his hand and ran back to the car.