Chapter 13 (Under Construction)

The School's Heartbreaker Lives With Me? (Under Construction)

~still same date and time from last chapter, immediate continuation~

KEY POV

   What did she mean, I healed her? She was never sick...I thought this while Hwa-Young and I walked back to my car, which was parked outside Orchid. Beside our car was a flashy red sports car, and two people, our age were sitting on it's hood. One was a girl with long hair, lots of makeup and revealing clothes. She was pretty, but definately not my type. The other person was a boy, with blond streaks in his hair, and several earrings in his ear. They kissing on the car hood. It wasn't really that big a deal, many students did that in the school parking lot-until teachers yelled at them-so I was just going to go to my car normally, until Hwa-Young stopped walking when she spotted the boy and girl. Her face became very pale.

     The boy also noticed Hwa-Young and I too, he broke apart with his girl.

        "Hey Hwa-Young, you look y today!" he said with a obnoixious fake-Busan accent.

  "You know him?" I asked, my genuine Daegu accent slipping out in surprise. Hwa-Young didn't answer, she just stared at the boy with a vacant, sad look on her face and held my hand even tighter.

     "Baby, why don't you go back in the car while I talk with an old friend of mine for a while" the boy addressed the girl he was with, she complied and got into the car. The boy got off the hood and walked up to us.

  "Well, Hwa-Young, long time no see, eh?" he asked. Hwa-Young seemed to regain her sense of speech.

      "Yes, well I was just soooo busy, you know?" she said sarcastically, her voice full of scorn.

    "Aw, don't be like that y!" the boy sniggered annoyingly.

"Don't call me y, you worm" Hwa-Young replied coolly. The boy came came closer to Hwa-Young, and he cornered her to my car's door.

       "There's something called personal space, yeah, I'd like it if you would give me some?" Hwa-Young said.

  "You know you want me..." the boy said and was about to kiss Hwa-Young, when-"SLAP!" Hwa-Yougn struck him across the face. His face contorted in anger. "Oh now you didn't, you -------!" he screamed and was about to slap her back. I was too shocked to do anything up to this point. My hand snapped up like lightning and I caught his arm before he was about to hit Hwa-Young. Then, in one swift move, I pinned him by the collar to my car's wall.

    "Listen," I snarled " I don't know who you are, but if you ever try to hit Hwa-Young like that again, I will rip out your intestines...and you don't want that do you?" the boy looked genuinely scared. I let go of him, and he scurried away towards his car and drove off. I noticed that Hwa-Young looked sad. I didn't ask her if she was okay, I didn't demand who that guy was, I didn't do that. I just wrapped my arms around her and hugged her.