Chapter 9 (Under Construction)

The School's Heartbreaker Lives With Me? (Under Construction)

Sorry that this is more of a setup chapter, don't worry, an actual chapter is coming up next :)

HWA-YOUNG POV

About an hour after the kiss, the lights came back on. Then my phone rang.

   "Hello?" I said.

  "Younggiee~" I heard Mi-Ok's voice, "Hae-Wonnie and I are bored, so we're going to come over, okay?"

      "Wait-" I started, I didn't want them to come over now, they would see my face and know that something embarassing (like the kiss) happened. But she already hung up.

  I sighed, oh well, seeing my friends would be nice...

KEY POV

My phone rang.

   "Hello?"

      "KEY!" Jonghyun roared, "Me and the gang are going to come over now, okay?"

 "Wait-" I said, if they came, they'd know by my anxious voice and the foolish smile that I couldn't get off my face that something happened. But he hung up. 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang. I answered it and Jonghyun, Taemin, Minho and Onew were there.

   "Hey!" Onew said, smiling as they all walked in.

 "Hyung, are you okay, your face looks weird, you have a stupid grin on your face" Taemin said.

      "Yeah, I'm okay, don't worry!" I said convincingly. Just then, Hwa-Young came down the stairs. My heart stopped a little.

 "What are you guys doing here?" she asked.

    "Hello to you too Hwa-Young!" Onew said jokingly.

 "No, it's not that I don't want you here, of course, but Mi-Ok and Hae-Won are coming over right now!"

       "It's okay," Jonghyun said. "We're all friends, right? Let's just all hang out together!"

    "Okay, then sure" Hwa-Young replied.

 "Hey, noona, are you okay? You're face looks weird!" Taemin said. She turned red.

      "Oh, no I'm fine!" Hwa-Young said in a voice made it obvious that she was lying. God, she was a bad liar.

 But she was saved by the doorbell. Jonghyun answered it.

    "Hey, look, some pretty ladies are here to party with us!" The girls laughed.

 "What are you guys doing here?" Hae-Won asked.

"Turns out Key and I both invited all of you at the same time, but we could all hang out together, right?" Hwa-Young asked.

     "Of course" Mi-Ok replied, then smiled at Jonghyun and he smiled back.

  "I'll get you guys a drink" Hwa-Young and I said at the same time. We both blushed.

     "It's okay Hwa-Young, I'll get them" I said, without looking at her.

"No, I'll get them" she insisted, also avoiding my eyes.

   "For goodness sakes, both of you get them!" Mi-Ok exclaimed. Hwa-Young and I stood up and made our way into the kitchen. I noticed that everyone was watching us. As I got the cola, I accidentally brushed her shoulder while she was getting cups.

      "I'm sorry!" both of us blurted out.

  "Is it me, or does the air reek of awkwardness between those two?" Hae-Won asked.

        "Something tells me that something happened between them before we came" Jonghyun said. "You guys should stop acting so weird around each other, you weren't like this yesterday at school!"

  I shot dagger glares at him.

Hwa-Young sighed, and looked at me.

     "Jjong oppa's right, we shouldn't be like this, our friendhip is too important to let something like that cause a rift between us. Let's just forget that it ever happened, okay?"

  "SO SOMETHING DID HAPPEN?" our friends chorused. We both ignored them. I actually didn't want to forget the kiss, as it was one of the best moments of my life, and I winced inwardly when she said friendship, (did she think of me only as a friend?!) but I just shrugged and said "okay".

HWA-YOUNG POV

  Honestly, I didn't want to forget the kiss, and maybe a tiny part of me wanted to be more than friends with Key, but I still didn't think I was ready to date, after what happened with my last boyfriend, and besides, being awkward around each other isn't going to get us anywhere.

    "So did something actaully really happen?" our friends kept on asking. Key and I just ignored them and handed out cups. After 5 minutes of this, Jonghyun said,:

 "I've got an idea-let's play Truth!"